Author Topic: Report: 44% of Americans medicated  (Read 127 times)

BlockBuster

Report: 44% of Americans medicated
« on: December 02, 2004, 08:56:49 PM »
WASHINGTON (AP) -- More than 40 percent of Americans take at least one prescription drug and one-in-six takes at least three, the government reported Thursday.

"Americans are taking medicines that lower cholesterol and reduce the threat of heart disease, that help lift people out of debilitating depressions, and that keep diabetes in check," Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy G. Thompson said in a statement.

The annual report on Americans' health found that just over 44 percent of all Americans take at least one prescription drug, and 16.5 percent take at least three.

Those rates were up from 39 percent and 12 percent between 1988 and 1994, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported.

The report, "Health, United States 2004," presents the latest data collected by CDC's National Center for Health Statistics and dozens of other Federal health agencies, academic and professional health associations, and international health organizations.

Americans' life expectancy increased to 77.3 years in 2002, a record. And deaths from heart disease, cancer and stroke -- the nation's three leading killers -- are all down 1 percent to 3 percent, the analysis said.

full article
http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/12/02/medicated.america.ap/index.html

Stupid fat fucks.

mauzip

Re: Report: 44% of Americans medicated
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 12:19:47 AM »
Americans do take a lot of medicines. When I was over there I was surprised by the many pills Americans take every day. Over here I barely ever see anyone take a drug.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 12:59:27 AM »
Americans do take a lot of medicines. When I was over there I was surprised by the many pills Americans take every day. Over here I barely ever see anyone take a drug.

were you in people's house's watching them take medicine?

-KIDRENEGADE-

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 01:12:42 AM »
yeah

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Acgrundy

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 08:36:03 AM »
wow I'm surprised that many americans can afford to buy medicine in america.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 08:42:29 AM »
wow I'm surprised that many americans can afford to buy medicine in america.

they come to canada  :D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 09:38:50 AM »
Don't listen to all of the "I can't afford medicine" bullshit.  It's like saying "I can't afford food"... it's not our job, go out and get a fuckin' paycheck so you can afford both. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 12:07:40 PM »
drugs are good

mauzip

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 12:20:34 PM »
yeah

LMAO

of course you can laugh and don't take anything in life serious, but you can also believe me when i say i've noticed americans take a lot of (prescription) drugs. of course i didn't watch people take their medicines, but hey, if people take medicines in nearly every house you come into, you start to notice it.