Author Topic: South Park Season 5  (Read 229 times)

Thirteen

South Park Season 5
« on: December 03, 2004, 06:43:22 PM »

Paramount confirmed that they will indeed distribute the fifth season boxset on March 1st. This is a 3-DVD set, featuring all 14 episodes. No other details were included just yet. For now, this is what the cover art is going to look like.

On the possibilities of a directors commentary, we're not sure. Some rumors were that the DVD set was delayed because of the Team America movie and Paramount was unable to get a commentary track laid for the set. Once we get more news on this item, we'll post it.

source: southparkstudios.com

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: South Park Season 5
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 09:02:29 PM »
That's a long time to wait, thankfully I have all the episodes on my computer which will tide me over until the perfect quality DVD comes out.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 06:07:09 AM »
the 5th is a good season.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 07:11:23 AM »
Im maybe gonna ask for the other seasons for christmas :)

Can't wait for this to come out

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 08:36:31 AM »

they have the 4 season deal available..it's saves you a few bucks if you buy them all at once

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 09:19:48 AM »

they have the 4 season deal available..it's saves you a few bucks if you buy them all at once
and you can get a free hat!

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2004, 11:41:05 AM »
FREE HAT FREE HAT FREE HAT FREE HAT FREE HAT!!

Lol! That was a pretty dope episode. Yeah I think I'll ask for all 4 seasons.

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2004, 12:27:07 PM »
how much is it for all 4 seasons

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2004, 12:32:48 PM »
i think it was 130 for all 4 and a free hat

Floydness

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2004, 06:22:43 PM »
lol@ free hat

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2004, 06:26:52 PM »
the 5th is a good season.
shit all of the seasons good

Acgrundy

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2004, 11:15:58 PM »
anyone have the dvd's?  is there anything extra that is cool on them?  I never watch extra stuff on dvd's, but I wonder if matt and trey say some funny shit.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2004, 11:33:22 PM »
anyone have the dvd's?  is there anything extra that is cool on them?  I never watch extra stuff on dvd's, but I wonder if matt and trey say some funny shit.

Yeah, a lot of the episodes have intros from Matt & Trey and they introduce each one as their favourite.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2004, 04:41:10 AM »

Yeah, a lot of the episodes have intros from Matt & Trey and they introduce each one as their favourite.
no that was only for the first season and most of the second. they say they stopped when they lost their budget from comedy cenrtal. although season 1 has comentary and 3 and 4 have comentary mini witch  is about 5 minutes long. but other than tht there isnt much

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2004, 03:26:23 PM »
I have all the ep's for Season 5 to 8 (so far) in Real Media format. It sucks because when you watch the episode on your computer you think the quality is pretty good, but then when you see the same episode on TV or DVD you realise how poor the quality is in comparison - well, that's what I've come to think anyway. Some guy on eBay UK is selling all of Season 5 up to Season 8 on (obviously pirate) DVD's and advertises them as ''TV Quality and High Resolution''. They're also meant to be compatible with all DVD players including PS2 etc. Still, I've resisted buying them because 1) They're probably just the Real Media or AVI files converted to DVD and 2) I'd rather hold on for the official collections.

They were supposed to release Season 5 on DVD in the UK years ago (I'd say at least two) and there was a time when the UK had Season 4 on DVD, and even America was only on something like Season 2. Considering how long its been delayed I dunno if it will EVER be released over here any more. Really annoying because, as someone else said earlier, Season 5 is a great set of episodes. Probably my favourite run of the show...

Hmm, might have to just invest in the R1 editions when they come out :-\
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One