Author Topic: What Is The Best Program To Rip CDs?  (Read 112 times)

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
What Is The Best Program To Rip CDs?
« on: December 24, 2004, 11:10:34 AM »
I have to upload my entire collection so I'm intrested is a fast CD ripper. 
And please post where I can download it.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What Is The Best Program To Rip CDs?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 11:21:55 AM »
LameFE its free, and amazing.

It lets you rip into any codec, but obviously use mp3 because its widely accepted incase you wanna burn them. Its a fast ripper.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 11:34:43 AM »
i use windows media player 10 all u have to do is change the settings to mp3 and ur set its fast and great quality

heres da link :   http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 11:40:24 AM »
What I looking to do is upload them to my computer and transfer it to this:

Is there a real difference between .mp3 .wav .wma or any others?  Because everytime I play the different type of files on my computer I don't notice a difference (in sound quality).  If the sound quality is the same I'll just use which one takes up the least space.

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 02:31:49 PM »
I use MusicMatch Jukebox to rip my Cds to MP3.
it rips at like 40X if you have a fast enough Drive

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 02:52:37 PM »
What I looking to do is upload them to my computer and transfer it to this:

Is there a real difference between .mp3 .wav .wma or any others?  Because everytime I play the different type of files on my computer I don't notice a difference (in sound quality).  If the sound quality is the same I'll just use which one takes up the least space.
There is definetly a difference between mp3 and wav. Wav is a horrible quality. WMA and MP3 you wont notice much difference, but mp3 is much better. My advice is to rip it in mp3

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 03:02:05 PM »
I also noticed it can play Ogg Vorbis files.  I'm converting an album from mp3 to that so I can test it out.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 03:35:08 PM »
i like ogg the best, but its useless for me because cd players (most) cant play ogg.

Woodrow

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2004, 02:13:50 AM »
There is definetly a difference between mp3 and wav. Wav is a horrible quality. WMA and MP3 you wont notice much difference, but mp3 is much better. My advice is to rip it in mp3

I know it's christmas, so I'll give you a pass. Do some research.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2004, 07:51:36 AM »
So I have a choice to rip them in:
mp3
wma
ogg

From what I gather ogg has the best sound and wma takes up the least space.  So I guess I see no reason to use mp3, I just have to choose between the other two.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2004, 09:34:19 AM »
mp3 is inbetween.

Ogg has the best quality but takes the most space
Mp3 has middle quality and takes middle space (compared to the other two)
WMA has the worst quality and takes up the least

Either do it in mp3 or ogg. If you want to cram as much music as possible either do mp3 or do ogg in a lower bitrate.
Id suggest doing it in ogg, just because why not use the best.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2004, 04:04:24 PM »
i use cdex.