Author Topic: Who watches wire fu (Kung Fu) Movies?  (Read 228 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Who watches wire fu (Kung Fu) Movies?
« on: January 06, 2005, 09:20:42 AM »
Man, I started watching Kung fu movies as a kid in the late seventies and early eighties. In america, or in my state we don't have much of good martial arts movies. Blockbuster doesn't have shit. So I signed up for netflix.com and started checkin them out. I like the wire fu shit like Iron Monkey. They have some late 2002 and 2003 kung fu flicks but if you guys no of something better let me know.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Who watches wire fu (Kung Fu) Movies?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 09:24:02 AM »
k

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 09:32:35 AM »
like crouching tiger type movies? not really into that japanese style. most parts look way too fake for me.

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 10:18:34 AM »
like crouching tiger type movies? not really into that japanese style. most parts look way too fake for me.

swordplay movies are not supposed to be realistic. Besides effects like that flying thing there are real fights in em too though.

@ Mattdrush1, Iron Monkey is classic, you should definatly check out the Once Upon A Time In China Series (there's 6 parts I know of), especially the 1rst and the 3rd one. The main character is Wong Fei Hung, the son of Wong Kay-Ying from Ion Monkey who's in that movie as well as a kid. Once Upon a Time In China is a lil more serious and the story is to a certain extend real as Wong Fei Hung is an actual legendary kung fu master and doctorwho lived in the 19th / 20th century. Another great movie of that kind would have to be Twin Warriors aka Tai Chi Master, The Legend Of Fong Sai-Yuk, Fong Sai-Yuk II and Legend Of The Red Dragon, all of em starring Jet Li.
Older ones are for example The Evil Cult or Sowrdsman (starring Jet Li aswell)

a new great one that is kinda similar to Crouching Tiger is House Of The Flying Daggers, which is starring Ziyi Zhang aswell (the main character of Crouching Tiger, next to Chow Yun-Fat and Michelle Yeoh)

Network: BEER-POWERED
Channel: #ps2-xbox-xvid 
bot active slots que kps pack gets size description
pxx-ja-kr-216 2h51m 0/20 34/35   #3 256x 1.4G house of flying daggers 2004 proper dvdrip xvid rizz thanks treg

you can get that one on irc^^ it's good quality, chinese with english subtitles. (2cds) or Hero which is rather new too and also dope (even though I wish there would be more fighting since Jet Li, Donnie Yen and Ziyi Zhang are all combined in that one)

as for Kung Fu movies, with stricktly real Kung Fu and no effects you should check Jackie Chan's Drunken Master, Snake In The Eagles Shadow, Jet Li's Fist Of Legend or other ones like Fist Of The White Lotus or Five Deadly Venoms (the last 2 got very few effects too but it's mostly just fighting)

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 10:33:09 AM »
... the last "Kung Fu movie" I saw was Kung Pow...   

"check my nuts to fist technique"   LOL   wonderful!

dray

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 10:01:07 AM »
i started watching kung fu movies back in the mid 80s when they were extremely popular. with the release of movies like black mask, crouching tiger, etc. kun fu is coming back to the fore front. the last kung fu flick i saw was hero starring jet li. it was a very good flick. i still like the kung fu flicks from the 70s though.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 10:13:08 AM »
really not into them, and what's this doing in Outbounds