Author Topic: www.hitemup.com Hacked and stolen.  (Read 249 times)

KURUPTION-81

www.hitemup.com Hacked and stolen.
« on: January 08, 2005, 08:36:48 AM »
THE DANGERS OF THE NET

http://www.free2pac.com/truth.html

SH: HitEmUp.com and forum hijacked, new forum coming soon

Friday, January 7, 2005

Our partner site, HitEmUp.com has been hijacked by a group of individuals, known to us, led by a known Tupac bootlegger. They have stolen control of the domain name and pointed it to their own host, and created a mirror of HitEmUp as a means to try to fool fans into thinking nothing has happened. The thieves have placed their advertisements on the site and its forum as a means of stealing our ad revenue. What’s worse is that they continue to post pretending to be Jon Peters, founder and real owner of HitEmUp.com, as a means to discredit the real staff of HitEmUp.com and its affiliates.

Let me stress, that anything posted on HitEmUp.com or its message forum is not real, is not posted by the real Jon Peters or staff of the board and site, and is totally illegal and unethical.

HitEmUp.com’s legal team will be filing legal action against the bootlegger for control of the site and punitive damages, as will a number of artists and record labels whom hosted their official forum on HitEmUp’s message board, and proper control of the site will be regained. In the meantime a new board will be set up at www.2PacBoard.com, the forums old URL which they were unable to steal.

Please stay tuned to http://www.StreetHop.com/hitemup/ and http://www.mixtapemp3.com/hitemup for further information as the situation develops.

Company Illegally Exercises Control of HitEmUp.com Domain

In 2000 HitEmUp.com was approached by a company called MusicFans.com, an offshoot of BigShot Entertainment. They were purchasing a network of the best fan sites on the net, and they had a lot of great sites in their network. What was offered was a chance to run the site with corporate revenue,unlimited hosting for the site, audio, and basically unlimited room to expand. We agreed to join their network and control of the domain and hosting was provided to them. However this was the point the ad market was hitting its downside and the company could no longer afford a lot of things, payment for the site was stopped, however hosting was maintained. The company would later go bankrupt and the control of the site was returned, however a contractual clause was never honored on their part, and they kept control of the domain name.

Five years later, for whatever reason, they have exercised control of the domain and pointed it to new hosting out of our control. We are speaking with our lawyers and will be filing a suit to have the domain returned to our control and will be looking to seek punitive damages.

In the meantime please visit the REAL TUPAC BOARD at http://www.mixtapemp3.com/forum/.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

acbaylove

Re: www.hitemup.com Hacked and stolen.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 08:49:19 AM »
Who did it? Dante Benz? ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 09:00:47 AM »
Not sure, everyone is saying some guy called tewpac. They have used all the moderators accounts and fucked them including dante. I have just read a post from jon (supposidly) saying DONT TRUST STREETHOP AND  MIXTAPEMP3.

Pretty pissed off. That and this site r the only two sites i really visit.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 10:57:55 AM »
yeah it's a mess over there

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005, 11:01:39 AM »
oh well
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

acbaylove

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 11:27:45 AM »
Pac's fans are crazy sometimes.. 8)

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 03:36:07 PM »
 hard to see how this could happen? i mean if u own the domain, u own the domain right?

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005, 04:06:58 PM »
Talk about a jackmove...
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Don Seer

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2005, 02:13:37 AM »
why give DNS control to someone hosting the site? thats loco

Mygla

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2005, 04:46:44 AM »
hard to see how this could happen? i mean if u own the domain, u own the domain right?

not if you don't pay for it...

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2005, 05:13:13 AM »
no... they fucked up... they gave away control the the DNS.. without that they cant do shit..

"We agreed to join their network and control of the domain and hosting was provided to them. "

basically they gave the domain away years ago... they should have never given domain control away.. there was no need.