Author Topic: Production is EVERYTHING on Documentary....lyrics not so much  (Read 359 times)

SGV

Re: Production is EVERYTHING on Documentary....lyrics not so much
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2005, 08:45:02 AM »
Well then don't claim Soul On Ice is better than anything Game will ever do, when you don't know the Album, LOL..

One could argue that it is sooooo clear that Soul On Ice is better cause Ras Kass is so dope although he always raps off-beat, but still by saying Soul On Ice is better than anything, you imply you at least fucking know the Album, homie.

In addition to that, don't compare X to Game by taking an Album that was recorded hundreds of years ago. Compare The Documentary to WMD and see who wins, LOL.
I know Doggystyle, The Chronic, Straight Outta Compton, In A Major Way etc. etc. are all better than Documentary. I don't need to hear the album to know that, it's a no-brainer. I hold Soul On Ice as high as those albums, so of course Documentary is not gonna be as good as it.

Off Beat flows are dope, when done right. Ras Kass, E-40, Kool Keith, ODB, etc. Soul On Ice was damn near perfect, I've heard about 5 tracks from Documentary and none are that amazing. So, I know off the bat that it's not on the caliber of Soul On Ice.

If we compare debuts hows that not "fair"? I personally liked Weapons Of Mass Destruction, it's X's best album since 40 Dayz...

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2005, 09:42:06 AM »
(NIMA on yash's account...)

Documentary is hot. HOwever lyrically, Game did dissapoint me.  After that 200 Bars and Runnin I was hopin game would keep it on the same level on his album. the production is hot as fuck though, no doubt.
its a tight album.

however, Personal Business >>> The Documentary

oh and Soul On Ice >>> The Domcumentary

but, Documentary >> Weapons Of Mass Destruction

Im happy wit games album though, its banging.

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

DAYUM

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2005, 01:13:28 PM »
LMAO@ The Game comparing himself to Kool G Rap that made me laff

great album his lyrics werent the best but they werent bad

the beats were bangin and his flow was great

im feelin this shit

kenny23

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2005, 07:41:26 PM »
all of you that said that his lyrics are dope, i guess you like hearing him rhyming a word with the same word (in multiple songs he rhymes air force 1's with air force 1's) last i checked that's not rhyming. it's like air force 1's paid Game to c if he could mention their shoes in every song and c if anyone notices  ;D

We Fly High

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2005, 08:33:31 PM »
i dunno what it is about him.. but yeah his lyrics sound so repetetive. like any of the song lyrics could be easily replaced with another song off the album, and it'd sound the same. VERY LIMITED subject matter. like EXTREMELY LIMITED. i dont know and the shit he talks about, its like hes not making himself different from any other rappers. hes just copying all their styles. and all he odes is give props to  classic albums, but everyone already knows that shit, but he fuckin repeats it in every song.
production was sick no doubt. but the lyrics was seriously like disappointing like crazy. all i hear is eazy e 2pac biggie and their album titles, and then rhyming about air force ones and shit. like seriously every song has the same lyrics. that one song where he rhymes "2001" twice in the first two lines. wtf..
and the dreams track that shit was just weird. i dont know how he assembled those 3 people into the chrous, with MLK having a dream, aalyiah and left eye...... no disrespect to alliyah, but no way is she anywhere close to as influential as mLK. i dont understand that shit.
it was jsut wack  lyrics. its kinda like a dipset album. sick ass production, but super weak lyrics. althought game is not as lyrically weak as jim jones and them.. but just the idea of good priduction with extremely poor lyrics.
like his album hella just sounds like an advertisement for other rappers. just advertising 2pac biggie jay z nas and all them, instead of trying to make himself the focus of attention.