Author Topic: Is The Twinz 'Conversation' better than Warren G's Regulate? Let me ellaborate..  (Read 842 times)

Don Seer

let me sum this up..

to me conversation is another spin-off of regulate.. and should really be listed on the same level as the dove shack album, to me the two have always gone hand in hand.

"this is the shack" was a rehash of the sound we already heard on regulate. to me it seems like an attempt to capitalise on the success of regulate by putting out a album 1) with the title being, 2) one of the lead songs also  being on regulate.  thats the hook..  the rest of the album was pretty samey..  conversation was almost the same, but didnt have the obvious hook.. and therefore didnt do as well... it was samey without the stand out stuff.. a couple tracks nearly hit the spot.. but not quite.. because of this difference, and due to "summertime in the lbc" i'd put "this is the shack" higher than Conversation.. since Conversation didnt have an huge stand out tracks on that kind of level.. 

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
For Me...Conversation was like a sequel Of regulate cuz Regulate was way to short..Its like 30min...I remember Bumpin "Summertime In the LBC" alot cuz It was on "the Show" Soundtrack/compilation and they Used to play the video alot On Much Music ...got "Conversation" a few years later after that

Suga Foot

to me conversation is another spin-off of regulate.. and should really be listed on the same level as the dove shack album, to me the two have always gone hand in hand.

What he siad.

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
conversation shitted on dove shack's this is the shack album lyrically, rap flow, & production.
how the hell are they on the same level?.... my ass :P

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
I agree with Conversation being way above This is the shack. Still dope, but not on the same level. Now, if Warren had produced the whole album, now we could be talking about another top10 classic westcoast cd.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
I believe the twinz album has more sophisticated production then regulate but the impact regulate made cant be over looked and the whole g funk era thang was just peaking and beguinning to fall and make way for the east coast resurgence....There is a  world of difference between the dove shack project and the twinz project though....warren had his hands all over the twinz album .... it seemed like warren didnt do too much on dove shack...weather that was because dove shack already had an inhouse set up going on or because warren was just closer to the twinz is something I ve always wondered about... I think a thread devoted to which album was better twinz or doveshack might make for a good read...

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
I honestly never liked Conversation, I bought it a few years ago and only listened to it like twice. I think Regulate is overrated too but it's still a good album.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Warren G "Regulate... G Funk Era"

This album to me is on par with Doggystyle and The Chronic. When that Warren G CD came out it was my ERA for real. We used to listen to this while getting kicked out of class, I still remember to this day buying that CD in the old record store in Exeter that was just up from GAP and just down from Virgin Megastore... Seer' do you remember that shop? was it Solo Records? I baught it and just had to shoot home to listen to it right away! Got so addicted that I went to the Warren G/Twinz/5 Footaz/Adina Howard/Whitehead Brothers concert in Hammersmich Apollo London and had to oppurtunity to met Neb Luv and Jah Skillz, and stay in touch with them.

Anyway Warren G "Regulate... G Funk Era" can never be beaten to me and I expect anyone from the Old School . . .

But I agree with you that the TWINZ CD was perfect G Funk.

yeah i think you're right, the symbollic value of Regulate is crazy, its a milestone for west coast hip hop.

i was just speaking MUSICALLY

Yeah, I agree with ya there...

I love "Sorry I Kept You" and the title track.

On The Edge of Insanity

I have always preferred The Twinz album over Regulate. Don't get me wrong I love Regulate, got some great memories of it, but Conversation was a lot more of a consistant album for me. Sure you didn't have a "This DJ" or "Regulate" on it, but it was very sonically coherant, and I always felt I could throw it on and listen to it the whole way through, whereas with Regulate I always skipped a couple of tracks.

Acgrundy

Regulate hands down.  my first ever rap cd.  I luv that album.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛