Author Topic: What's beef?  (Read 196 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
What's beef?
« on: January 24, 2005, 01:53:35 PM »
Through out rap history, there have been battles. And ther have been classic battles, some say it's stupit but rap was built off of KRS-One vs. M.C. Shan. You can't deny it, it built the careers of LL Cool J, and Eminem, it is responsible for the Nas comeback, and at it's worst has been seen in the connection of the deaths of 2Pac and Notorious B.I.G. For better or worst, it's been a part of hip-hop history.

Recently, the hig profile beef of 2003-2004 was 50 Cent vs. Ja Rule. The two are the type that would battle in rap music, the griffy voiced thug vs. the greezy talking thug who both sing to the ladies... lol.

Resently 50 Cent has gone off and dissed Fat Joe, Ja Rule, Jadakiss, Nas and even Kelis. Now, I don't know why he dissed Nas, Kelis and Jadakiss, though I have heard Nas take some light shots at 50. Now Styles P, Jada's partner in rhyme, has taken shots at 50, but 50 is not dissing him, and resently it seems D-Block is willing to make peace with the out of control rapper. After all, they are under the same lable as him, and fear their music never being put out again. Fat Joe is still confused about it all, and will look to respond, but wants to hear the song first. Ja Rule don't need many excuses to mention 50 Cent at all.

This leaves I guess the new hip-hip hero, Nas. Last time someone dissed Nas, it was Jay-Z, coming of Nas blowing off Memphis Bleeks dissed to him, Nas found himself confronted by Roc-A-Fella's head man with the song Takeover. Nas then delieved Ether and silent all the noise of doubters about his battle game. Now 50 Cent is coming at him, and it looks like like in 2001, Nas is the underdog again, well in the mainstream view at least. Nas does not have the problem of lable, because his not part of Interscope. 50 Cent diss Kelis, and I would imagion the new married man would not welcome that at all.

So I ask you, can Nas repeat 2001, and knock off one of raps heavyweights at the peak of that person's popularity. I really don't see 50 Cent as strong as Jay-Z was back in 2001 when he dropped the classic Blueprint, and I think Nas is stronger in 2005 since before Stillmatic dropped, people thought Nas's career was over. So can Nas, the mainstream underdog, repeat knocking off one of the most popular rappers out. After all, after his failed battle with Nas, Jay-Z released The Gift and the Curse to back reviews and horrible sales. It wasn't until he retired that Jay-Z saw his popularity rise again. Will 50 Cent be the next to do a retirement R&B tour?

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What's beef?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 02:07:50 PM »
"Will 50 Cent be the next to do a retirement R&B tour?"

One can only hope so. For the most part, I'm a fan of Shady\Aftermath\G-Unit, and purchase their releases. But this nonsense about 50 going at other rappers for NO good reason, it just makes him look bad. He pretty much did the most damage to Ja Rule, with "Back Down". He should've left it at that, but then every one else on 50's label got involved, so the Ja Rule-50 Cent beef continued. I don't believe that 50 is in the position to be doing this shit, honestly. He's not a legend, and his debut album was pretty good, but no masterpiece. Basically, someone's gotta murder him on wax. The only rapper that comes to mind is Nas. Maybe that'll make 50 wake up and realize he's got a long way to go before he can take advantage of his position, by dissing anyone he sees fit.

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 02:09:10 PM »
Styles would kill 50...

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 02:18:04 PM »
i got respect for 50, but he's been makin bitch moves his whole rap carrear. look at how to rob. he disses all the heayweights lookin for rep. this is the the same hater 50. i think fat joe, jada, and nas would all clown 50

mauzip

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 02:26:37 PM »

this was too easy, sorry

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 04:00:52 PM »
^^ lmao

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 06:35:26 PM »
50 cents getting out of control, but u got to admit "how to rob" was a tight song. I wonder why he doesnt try to start shyt w/ dipset??

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 06:46:21 PM »