Author Topic: So now we are welding  (Read 196 times)

DAYUM

So now we are welding
« on: February 03, 2005, 08:08:42 PM »
in Ag Mechanics... it wrecks

we did it all last year too but we just fucked around now we are gonna be makeing projects n shit its gonna be cool...

my teacher is gonna grade us on our beads and then we are gonan hafta start welding shit...

for those who dont know what welding is its melting metal so u can stick it to other metal

im a lil rusty on my beads i just gotta practice more but my partner is the best welder in my class so hes gonan help me out alot...

anyone else ever welded before?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: So now we are welding
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 08:09:53 PM »
dont cut a finger off, and i weld all the time.. at home for dif thigns..

ecrazy

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 08:12:30 PM »

we did it all last year too but we just fucked around now we are gonna be makeing projects n shit its gonna be cool...

my teacher is gonna grade us on our beads and then we are gonan hafta start welding shit...

for those who dont know what welding is its melting metal so u can stick it to other metal

im a lil rusty on my beads i just gotta practice more but my partner is the best welder in my class so hes gonan help me out alot...

naw, thats something id want to learn though, so i could rebuild a car from scratch, u in high school learning this? damn, my high school sucked balls, we didnt even have a mechanics class, all we had was woodshop and ceramics, ceramics was gay as hell, but the teacher was cool and let us make whatever we wanted, people were making glass bongs and ceramic pipes and all that deal, But good for you, you should build & weld one of those metal people that are in front of every tire shop, that would be dope

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:14:05 PM »
i'd thought you'd be learning how to put up dry wall, gAy G

DAYUM

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 08:19:51 PM »
i'd thought you'd be learning how to put up dry wall, gAy G

fuck u, corn flake

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 08:24:03 PM »

naw, thats something id want to learn though, so i could rebuild a car from scratch, u in high school learning this? damn, my high school sucked balls, we didnt even have a mechanics class, all we had was woodshop and ceramics, ceramics was gay as hell, but the teacher was cool and let us make whatever we wanted, people were making glass bongs and ceramic pipes and all that deal, But good for you, you should build & weld one of those metal people that are in front of every tire shop, that would be dope
how do you rebuild a car from scratch?

DAYUM

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 08:25:30 PM »
we gotta start off small like just a BBQ pit then next year when we are more experienced we are gonna make a lil trailor that u can fit a horse in...

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 09:21:22 PM »
im in school getting my assoc. degree in welding too. but no bbq pits or nothin we do trailors tractors and shit my beads are alright what stick do you work with or is  it mig or tig that you usei am only starting on my 6010 vertical then i move on to over head and that shit is hard are teacher really dont give a fuck he just shows up for the pay fucker

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 09:29:05 PM »
My dad's got a big ass welder (I don't know of it's mig or tig, its the one with the automatic wire feed).  I used to have to weld the odd thing up at work, but never anything major. 

Welding aluminum is a bitch tho.  I don't even wanna try doing that.

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 09:29:58 PM »

just fyi, you can weld plastic too.

ecrazy

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2005, 09:33:50 PM »

how do you rebuild a car from scratch?
you know, just start off with a frame, buy a shell and weld the shell to the frame, the you buy the doors, but the hood, rebuild the engine, etc.

Suga Foot

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2005, 09:36:10 PM »
I don't think you weld anything to a frame, it's all bolted on.  You're not supposed to weld a car frame because you can make it weak (unless you're beefin it up).

ecrazy

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2005, 10:26:47 PM »
I don't think you weld anything to a frame, it's all bolted on. You're not supposed to weld a car frame because you can make it weak (unless you're beefin it up).
Boom! Yea, your right, whoops! i was thinkin bout that when i posted it too, i feel dumb now :p

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 12:17:46 PM »
welding platsic is a btich it is so fucking insane everythng has to be percise and yea aluminum is hard but the worst is working with alloy sometimes you can weld it and you have to use like crs or mild steel but enuf of welding for me that is what i go to class for shit

DAYUM

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 10:03:33 PM »
i left my welding notes at home i made a chart where it tells us everything from what rod to use to what tempature to put the machine on and everything....

lol my friend sunburned his eyes 2 days ago and today my teacher made him put patato peels on his eyes to suck all of that shit up... it looked like it sucked but it also looked funny

but ive been makeing sum shitty beads lately... i did way better last year but my teacher said u just need to practice a lil more cuss u get rusty after a while... do any of yall got any tips to give?