Author Topic: What is considered being American  (Read 174 times)

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
What is considered being American
« on: February 03, 2005, 08:53:36 PM »
i just want to know yall thoughts about it, because im a little confused, are poeple who are born in the U. S. americans? or is it because your family is from the U. S., because for some reason i would think that at least 99 % of all the people here in the US would say that there ancestry immigrated to the U. S., am i right??

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: What is considered being American
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 09:18:26 PM »
i just want to know yall thoughts about it, because im a little confused, are poeple who are born in the U. S. americans? or is it because your family is from the U. S., because for some reason i would think that at least 99 % of all the people here in the US would say that there ancestry immigrated to the U. S., am i right??
true that shit co sign and i might of swam the river but white motherfuckers swam an ocean and killed every one here then took over but being american is paying taxes and not being able to get deported or what ever the white man tells you you are.

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 09:21:08 PM »
true that shit co sign and i might of swam the river but white motherfuckers swam an ocean and killed every one here then took over but being american is paying taxes and not being able to get deported or what ever the white man tells you you are.
well i was gonnna get to that, but now yall will have to wait until monday,  ;D

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 09:21:34 PM »
Damn, thats a hella confusing question....i guess im an american, my parents immigrated here from mexico when they were in their early teens, i was born here,my parents live here and are NOW us citizens, i guess im 1st generation american, since i was born here, my parents told me they dont like the label "Mexican American" because it sounds like we're half and half, and they said that they loved mexico, but it was just a struggle living there, thats why they moved here (well, my grandfather was payed to leave mexico, he was one of those pipeline blueprint people or something like that, i dont know, but they needed him during that time when all the people returned from war and they build all theses houses and shit for them, he was their guy)....But yea, i consider myself an american, I Was Born And Raised Here!

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 09:24:31 PM »
read your birth certificate, that should answer your question

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 09:45:22 PM »
read your birth certificate, that should answer your question
that is funny shit but hellno ive never considred me mexican american i considered my slef aztec blood line and mexican i just live here but no complaints form me dont liek it move right?

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 09:46:49 PM »
yeah I'm of Italian and Ukrainian descent, but I was born in Canada..........I'm Canadian.

(BC to be exact, I'm not one of the weird ones  :P) lol

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 12:48:36 AM »
I was born here in the U.S., but when people ask me what I am, I never say American. Everyone that lives in America is American... it doesn't matter where you're from, but for some reason people have this vision of the typical American being "white" or whatever... the fact of the matter is that the only "real Americans" (don't mean this literally) are the indigenous people aka Native Americans who are still alive... other than them, everyone here has a different background, whether it be 2nd generation or 10th generation... so I'm just as American as Joe Shmoe in Oklahoma... being that this is the case, and that in my opinion everyone here being American, I really don't see the point in saying "I'm American" when talking to someone here... I say I'm Afghan... but if I were to go overseas, I'd say that I was an Afghan from the U.S.... my personal opinion is that people shouldn't forget where their roots are, and I apply this to myself.... if I'm living here, then it's already obvious that I'm American, so I answer with where my roots are...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 05:08:22 AM »
100% of US population gotta say their ancestry immigrated

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2005, 05:13:46 AM »

Ok, if you want to count the Native Americans crossing over thousands of years ago....

Matrix Heart

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 06:13:22 AM »

Ok, if you want to count the Native Americans crossing over thousands of years ago....

Well alot of people migrated all over the world if we're going back that far.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 07:09:21 AM »
the native americans are the reall americans.

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 12:12:04 PM »

Well alot of people migrated all over the world if we're going back that far.
technically people dont even know where people came from. and aztec where building mayan temples the same time eygpt was buliding hteres but white folks not yall but the ones who write history and shit messed it all up aztecs where over here along time before white man stepped over here and knew what the fuck was going on. so argue all you want but i will not let a man tell me otherwise that i once crossed the ocean to get here motherfuckering white people just want to know that they started this but naw . :tosser:

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 03:45:49 PM »
American means you're a US Citizen, nothing more, nothing less. The image of an American, or at least what is portrayed as "all American" is almost always white.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 05:25:22 PM »

that's what i did, yeah. and being european, i can't deny my ancestry immigrated, too.......

what i wanna say is this whole real citizen of some nation shit is kinda stupid. If you're born somewhere, that's where you 'from', period. unless you're from uganda, kenya or tanzania you can probably always trace your family back to some other country, so what's the point..........