Author Topic: Spiderman 3 and Venom rumors  (Read 719 times)

Thirteen

Spiderman 3 and Venom rumors
« on: February 04, 2005, 06:22:14 AM »
Raimi and Tapert Talk Spider-Man 3
The duo all-but-confirm Venom is the villain.

February 03, 2005 - Sam Raimi is hard at work on the script for Spider-Man 3 with the help of his brother Ted. The last time I spoke with Raimi, at the press day for The Grudge, he said that, at his current stage in the writing process, he wanted to let Peter Parker's journey determine who the villain would be. Just this week, Raimi has been quoted in interviews across the Web as saying that he has figured out who the villain would be, but couldn't reveal it just yet.

After reading the rumors, I figured who better to ask than the man himself? Earlier today, at the press day for the film Boogeyman, a production of Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert's Ghost House Pictures, both men were on hand to promote the film and, as might be expected, try their best to deflect the impending barrage of Spider-Man 3 villain questions.

As some journalists lacked a bit of subtlety, the Spider-Man 3 villain question came up almost immediately for Raimi: "Actually, I'm not allowed to say about the villains or the heroes or the storylines or themes of the picture yet. I think Sony wants to make their own presentation, and not for probably like a year, when it gets [closer] to the release of the picture. I think they want to keep it quiet and at some point in the future make a proper presentation, probably with an illustration or a mock-up of the character when they cast him, the name of the character… Or her," Raimi laughs, trying to maintain the illusion of who the character might be. (Laughs) "Tricky, that one. I'm actually just not at liberty to say, but I'm sure that they will make that presentation whenever they determine the time."

Noting that Raimi is in good spirits about the whole rumor issue, another journalist suggests that Raimi simply give a little wink if Venom will be the villain.

Raimi laughs and jokingly winks at us. "There's something in my eye." (Laughs)

Tapert fires back with a question of his own: "Can I ask a question back? Why does everybody want Venom in it? I wanted to just know as an outsider, why, because when we walked in today, somebody walked up and said, 'We're so excited Venom's in it,' and then she said that some Internet site ran something today."

Being a room full of Internet geeks, myself included, we preceded to recount to Raimi and Tapert why we thought Venom was such a cool villain and how he would fit perfectly into the film series.

"Yeah, he can shoot webs and stick to walls," Raimi says. "I think he can look like [different people]… Yeah, there's different origins if I can remember them right. I think, I might be getting confused, but I believe that one is a gift in outer space, for some reason he's concerned about keeping his secret identity even there, but they give him a suit, but isn't that an alternate version of it, or am I getting that confused with something else?"

-Marvel Comics

Another journalist recounts the plot of a Venom story involving Jameson's son. "Yes," Raimi agrees. "That's what I'm wondering. I thought he brings back something that makes Spider-Man, or maybe I'm thinking of the animation I saw. Yeah, you know, there's so many versions of it, I'm thinking of an animated story that that happens in."

As Raimi and Tapert's time ran short, the Venom side talk continued as they left the room. Admittedly, neither would officially confirm the rumors, but the joking attitude and surprising amount of information Raimi seemed to have about Venom certainly suggest a strong likelihood. We'll keep you posted for an official word, but for now, you be the judge.

-- Jeff Otto

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: Spiderman 3 and Venom rumors
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 11:05:16 AM »
Venom..but you can't have him with Carnage ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 01:05:16 PM »

Carnage came after venom

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 02:29:39 PM »

Carnage came after venom

ment to say you can't have Venom without carnage...but either way it sounded retarded

but Carnage/Venom vs Spiderman would be one long ass movie
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 07:00:10 PM »

Carnage came after venom

ment to say you can't have Venom without carnage...but either way it sounded retarded

but Carnage/Venom vs Spiderman would be one long ass movie

If that's what they do, Hollywood will find some way to make the whole idea suck.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 07:48:33 PM »
Venom is bad ass. I wanna see this now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Thirteen

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 08:19:15 PM »
actually it was Venom and Spiderman vs. Carnage their first go around

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 08:20:28 PM »
as much as i wanna see this happen, it probably wont happen until atleast spider-man 4. you will need atleast half of the movie, if not more to build up

- the suit coming in from space
- eddie brock working @ the daily bugle
- eddie brock being fired because of peter parker
- spider-man using the black suit
- eddie brock's rage with spider-man

then you have to have the venom & spider-man fight scenes etc.. it would be good if they could introduce all the above shit in spider-man 3.. then in spider-man 4 have venom & introduce carnage.. then spider-man 5 have venom & carnage

etc.. then spider-man has to get rid of the suit.. etc. venom & spider-man need more than 1 movie to do ANY justice. Sam Raimi has said on many occasions that he likes the classic villains, so my guess for the 'visual effects' would be Hydro-Man or Sandman..
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 08:22:03 PM »
also, forgot to mention.. Sam Raimi has also said that the movies will have their own continuity and might not releate to the comics @ all in some places.. since Jameson's son is the Manwolf in the comics (from memory), there was talk of making him Venom since he would already have been into space, have the rage since Peter stole MJ etc..
- celph titled

- joe budden

Thirteen

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 09:05:55 PM »
as much as i wanna see this happen, it probably wont happen until atleast spider-man 4. you will need atleast half of the movie, if not more to build up

- the suit coming in from space
- eddie brock working @ the daily bugle
- eddie brock being fired because of peter parker
- spider-man using the black suit
- eddie brock's rage with spider-man

then you have to have the venom & spider-man fight scenes etc.. it would be good if they could introduce all the above shit in spider-man 3.. then in spider-man 4 have venom & introduce carnage.. then spider-man 5 have venom & carnage

etc.. then spider-man has to get rid of the suit.. etc. venom & spider-man need more than 1 movie to do ANY justice. Sam Raimi has said on many occasions that he likes the classic villains, so my guess for the 'visual effects' would be Hydro-Man or Sandman..

you got the cartoon version or some shit..

Eddie brock worked for the Daily Globe, a competitor for the daily bugle....he wrote false articles only because his source was false

Peter revealed the true killer and eddie lost his job....

spiderman was taken by the beyonder to compete in the secret wars where he found this suit

the suit was great but started taking peter's body out at night for battles

peter thought something was up...took it to the leader of the fantstic four where they found out it was a parasite, they then shot it and contained it

peter thought it was gone and donned his old suit but it ended up being the escaped suit disguising itself as the red and blue suit...

spiderman fought it above some church and the sound from the bells made peter and the suit almost die...the suit escaped and then found eddie brock praying in the church....

there's venom's true history

The Watcher

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 09:15:37 PM »
^ yep, i know that.. but can you really see them doing a 'secret wars' in the spider-man movie? the only other origin that could happen is the one from the cartoon
- celph titled

- joe budden

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 09:37:27 PM »
like you said in your other post though, they can easily link the simple version into spiderman 3... one thing for sure is we're going to see green goblin 2....maybe hobgoblin if harry decides to swicth the suit a little...and a possible lizard and a possible venom

The Watcher

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 09:41:01 PM »
i don't wanna see GG2.. i think its too obvious, and i dont think there will be 2 villains in the movie, so GG wouldnt be the 'extremely visual villain' they're talking about

the lizard would be good and that would be my 3rd pick i think, although it wouldnt be too visual either compared to what's already been done etc
- celph titled

- joe budden

Thirteen

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005, 09:43:57 PM »
i don't wanna see GG2.. i think its too obvious, and i dont think there will be 2 villains in the movie, so GG wouldnt be the 'extremely visual villain' they're talking about

the lizard would be good and that would be my 3rd pick i think, although it wouldnt be too visual either compared to what's already been done etc

could have some nasty human to lizard transformation screens

The Watcher

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2005, 10:30:05 PM »
yeah, that's be nice. but i think to appreciate the lizard, venom & carnage it would need to hit R18+. be interesting to see what they do either way
- celph titled

- joe budden