Author Topic: What is considered being American  (Read 171 times)

Native_Joe99

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: What is considered being American
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 06:21:51 PM »
100% of US population gotta say their ancestry immigrated

Ok, if you want to count the Native Americans crossing over thousands of years ago....

that's what i did, yeah. and being european, i can't deny my ancestry immigrated, too.......

what i wanna say is this whole real citizen of some nation shit is kinda stupid. If you're born somewhere, that's where you 'from', period. unless you're from uganda, kenya or tanzania you can probably always trace your family back to some other country, so what's the point..........
well i traced my family history to right here, in the "US" my family doesn't originate from any other country, i mean people who live here call themselves American, so if i moved to France or Mexico and started a family and my kids were born in a different country that would make them french or mexican? There is also the idea that all Native Americans migrated from around the Aisan territory and crossed the bering strait to get here, but thats all a theory. the only thing that we know according to recorded history is that Native Americans were forced to live under white mans rule. and the majority of the population is from a different country.

If i wasn't Native American i would want to live in my own country surrounded by my own people, ya know what i mean?