Author Topic: Xzibit & Sony To Part Ways?  (Read 484 times)

Ruthless

• Lil Geezy
Re: Xzibit & Sony To Part Ways?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2005, 08:00:47 AM »
I don't think you should be banned lol, but I do disagree. I don't think Restless touches his two first albums.

You can't fool all the people all of the time
But if you fool the right ones, then the rest will fall behind

young ozwald

• 'G'
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2005, 10:53:44 AM »
XZIBIT  JUST SIGNED TO BEYONCE'S POPS LABLE SANCTUARY, the lable that signed DE LA SOUL

Acgrundy

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2005, 11:04:07 AM »
ban me? lol!

i've purchased every xzibit album. i support the guy. but other than restless, most of his albums have had one or two tracks and then a bunch of filler.

and i genuinely don't understand why he's blown up more than tha liks and ras kass. well, i can understand the ras aspect, as ras subject matter is self-defeating if he truly wants to be a star. but the liks? i don't get it

You don't understand why he's blown up more than tha liks and ras kass?  are you serious?  I'll give you 2 words : BITCH PLEASE.  That song started Xzibits mainstream career and his path to being a star.

yeah it would be really dumb for xzibit to go independent.  every rappers works his ass off to get a record deal.  whereever X goes I sure hope he picks a good label that will support SAS.  I personally don't think Xzibit would sign with Aftermath.  It seems like once dre has proved what he can do with an artist he kinda leaves that artist on his own and focuses on working with other artists he hasn't worked with.

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2005, 01:33:28 PM »

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2005, 01:38:58 PM »

young ozwald

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2005, 01:44:27 PM »
XZIBIT  JUST SIGNED TO SANCTUARY

Really???Any info on the label???

Yeah it's the label that's ran by Beyonce's dad, they have De La Soul, Jon B and some other acts

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2005, 01:51:38 PM »
^Thx,I havent heard De La Soul's new stuff on there but real hip hop fans werent dissapointed so I guess X will make good music there.

Jome

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2005, 05:34:00 PM »
well it doesn´t seem like X gonna be signing with Aftermath coz he and Dre haven´t really worked on anything togheter for like 2-3 years. shit maybe X should go independent and bring SAS with him coz they could prolly move a few units independently.

Naww, "Grown man business" was recorded for "Weapons of mass destruction"..

I think y'all got the Sanctuary thing mixed up..
Peep this:

The Sanctuary Urban Management roster has some of the highest profile artists in the world and includes Destiny's Child; Mary J. Blige; Jadakiss; Eve; Beyonce; Floetry; Mary Mary; Kelly Rowland; Solange; Angie Stone; Michelle Williams and Xzibit. Sanctuary Urban Records artists include Chaka Khan; De La Soul; Earth, Wind & Fire; and The O'Jays

And that's from October last year..
So unless he just recently signed as a artist, he is only MANAGED by Sanctuary..

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2005, 06:14:45 PM »

"So unless he just recently signed as a artist"  8)

prince

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2005, 08:21:04 PM »
restless was his best album eva!!

thatz cause dr.dre did that project...

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2005, 09:33:37 PM »
HELLo to G-unit and shady slash aftemath and shit fuck yeah this is good x to the motherfucking z xzibit shady and aftermath. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

wow yet again you wander into a thread and just start dishing out the hate..  ::)

anyways.. on the real..

i hope this doesnt affect the SAS project... :(

yet youre monkey name is overseer i didnt wander into no thread i was simply stating my opinion maybe on a real good record label he can blow like he should that is good for the west look ate mjg and 8ball they on badboy records had a alright album and still flopped slaes wise though they are very fucking good they didnt get promoted right.  how was i hating i only wish he was on some label like g-unit or shady just somne where were he can put the west back on the map cuz i havent heard shit of game anymore i wanna know how the west is not how it was one.  so my bad that you felt disrespected but it wasnt hate hate is for ja rule benzino and nick cannon (that real gangsta) so like donovan mcnabb said in the super bowl "my bad"

mauzip

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2005, 11:48:33 PM »
HELLo to G-unit and shady slash aftemath and shit fuck yeah this is good x to the motherfucking z xzibit shady and aftermath. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

wow yet again you wander into a thread and just start dishing out the hate..  ::)

anyways.. on the real..

i hope this doesnt affect the SAS project... :(

yet youre monkey name is overseer i didnt wander into no thread i was simply stating my opinion maybe on a real good record label he can blow like he should that is good for the west look ate mjg and 8ball they on badboy records had a alright album and still flopped slaes wise though they are very fucking good they didnt get promoted right. how was i hating i only wish he was on some label like g-unit or shady just somne where were he can put the west back on the map cuz i havent heard shit of game anymore i wanna know how the west is not how it was one. so my bad that you felt disrespected but it wasnt hate hate is for ja rule benzino and nick cannon (that real gangsta) so like donovan mcnabb said in the super bowl "my bad"

Have you ever heard of commas and periods? I don't think anyone will read your post.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2005, 04:47:04 AM »
restless was his best album eva!!

thatz cause dr.dre did that project...

actually, i'd say it's because he had battlecat, quik, erick sermon & rockwilder on that project; but the conclusion is the same.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2005, 05:47:45 AM »
Well, this news makes me doubt that Sony will put any more effort into promoting ''WOMD''. Its a shame, especially since they just shot the video for ''Criminal Set'' and it was a decent album overall. A few strong tracks in there - but it would have beneffited greatly if they had just thrown ''Grown Man Business'' in the mix.

I hope this move allows X to jump-ship to a label who knows how to market and promote him well. I dunno about in the US, but here in the UK the promo for the CD has been poor.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2005, 07:01:17 AM »
most promotion for his CD was himself, not Sony. His the one that does Pimp My Ride, his the one that doing Pepsi commercials pimping a Pepsi truck, X is working his ass off to try and promote his CD. I haven't seen ads, I haven't seen shit that a typical lable would do. I think X should start his own Open Bar lable, or Strong Arm Steady, and move them to a lable like Universal, or something, and be his own boss. WIth Strong Arm Steady, and Ras Kass under him, he has all the tools to be a major boss playa.