Author Topic: Xzibit & Sony To Part Ways?  (Read 485 times)

Gambler

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Raw Impact
Xzibit & Sony To Part Ways?
« on: February 12, 2005, 04:25:16 PM »

a www.raptism.com exclusive  ;D

-----------------------------------
After mediocre sales of his latest album, Weapons of Mass Destruction, it appears as though Xzibit and Sony Music will be parting ways in the very near future.

The Pimp My Ride Star has been working on developing his film career, recently in appearing along side Ice Cube in the new XXX movie, and it is believed that Sony wanted him to focus soley on his albums. There is also believed to have been promotional disagreements as well as disagreements with single choices.

No word as to where X may head but look for him to sign up Strong Arm Steady to whereever he goes. Xzibit will tour Australia next month along with Strong Arm Steady and Ras Kass.

--------------------------------------------------------------

so yea, it is pretty much confirmed but when / if this all turns out to be 200% true, remember where u heard it first  8)

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Xzibit & Sony To Part Ways?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 04:29:01 PM »
he should go independant

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 04:41:34 PM »
Yeah they probably don't want "Criminal Set" to be the next single because its too West Coast.  But damn, I would drop him too, the album didn't sell shit, and I don't know how much more promotion they could have done.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 08:52:57 PM »
Yeah they probably don't want "Criminal Set" to be the next single because its too West Coast. 

if thats the case, then fuck them. i'm glad that X shot a video for that song.

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 11:30:45 PM »
HELLo to G-unit and shady slash aftemath and shit fuck yeah this is good x to the motherfucking z xzibit shady and aftermath. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 12:38:03 AM »
Hopefully he will make better music on his new label wherever that will be.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 02:51:28 AM »
HELLo to G-unit and shady slash aftemath and shit fuck yeah this is good x to the motherfucking z xzibit shady and aftermath. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

wow yet again you wander into a thread and just start dishing out the hate..  ::)

anyways.. on the real..

i hope this doesnt affect the SAS project... :(

ABN

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 03:04:33 AM »
well it doesn´t seem like X gonna be signing with Aftermath coz he and Dre haven´t really worked on anything togheter for like 2-3 years. shit maybe X should go independent and bring SAS with him coz they could prolly move a few units independently.

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 04:37:12 AM »
he should go independant

Hell no. He's one of the few West Coast artists with mainstream appeal. I'd hate to see him go independant. He'll probably sign to Aftermath, lol.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 07:00:51 AM »
he should go independant

Hell no. He's one of the few West Coast artists with mainstream appeal. I'd hate to see him go independant. He'll probably sign to Aftermath, lol.

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2005, 07:05:12 AM »
he should go independant

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2005, 07:13:20 AM »
i never felt xzibit.  his flow was way too monotonous.  good in small doses only.  when he was fucking with the liks, j-ro and tash could easily serve him.  when he's fucking with golden state, ras kass could easily serve him.  he's good in a crew whatever but not really solo.

it's good to see him out there hustling, pimping mtv, commercials and now movies; but i never really felt his albums.  restless was the only one close to consistent throughout; the rest were simply sprinkled with bangers here and there.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2005, 07:19:39 AM »
i never felt xzibit.  his flow was way too monotonous.  good in small doses only.  when he was fucking with the liks, j-ro and tash could easily serve him.  when he's fucking with golden state, ras kass could easily serve him.  he's good in a crew whatever but not really solo.

it's good to see him out there hustling, pimping mtv, commercials and now movies; but i never really felt his albums.  restless was the only one close to consistent throughout; the rest were simply sprinkled with bangers here and there.
:yikes:
HELL NAW
:sign_banhim:

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2005, 07:23:04 AM »
i never felt xzibit. his flow was way too monotonous. good in small doses only. when he was fucking with the liks, j-ro and tash could easily serve him. when he's fucking with golden state, ras kass could easily serve him. he's good in a crew whatever but not really solo.

it's good to see him out there hustling, pimping mtv, commercials and now movies; but i never really felt his albums. restless was the only one close to consistent throughout; the rest were simply sprinkled with bangers here and there.

what a load of bs   :sign_banhim:
NO MORE WAR

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2005, 07:26:11 AM »
ban me?  lol!

i've purchased every xzibit album.  i support the guy.  but other than restless, most of his albums have had one or two tracks and then a bunch of filler.

and i genuinely don't understand why he's blown up more than tha liks and ras kass.  well, i can understand the ras aspect, as ras subject matter is self-defeating if he truly wants to be a star.  but the liks?  i don't get it
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam