Author Topic: why are there no death row tracks on kurupts Greatest hits?  (Read 432 times)

Acgrundy

Re: why are there no death row tracks on kurupts Greatest hits?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 11:13:06 PM »
ya know I was just thinking today.  I gave my opinion on why no deathrow material was on there, but then I was thinking...what about the material from dillinger and young gotti....doesn't daz own that?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 12:53:39 PM »
think the reason for this is because of how Kurupt came back to Death Row.  He owed Antra another album before he could leave, however he just peaced out early from it.  By putting Death Row-era tracks on it, not only would they have to pay Death Row, but Death Row would recieve a portion of the profits

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 03:49:47 PM »
cuz suge is a B-I-otch :-*

picoplaya

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 08:05:47 PM »
because suge ran out of vaseline

picoplaya

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 08:32:29 PM »
plus kurupt is feeling used

picoplaya

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 08:33:31 PM »

thuglord

• 'G'
  • If I die press play and I will be resurrected...
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 08:53:49 PM »

Pico I don't think this is the right way to reach the 100 posts!  ;)

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 10:11:29 PM »
kurupt didnt really have any solo songs with death row that i can remember, just small parts on songs
[/quote

new york, new york
loc'd out hood

"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Don Seer

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 06:41:06 AM »
think the reason for this is because of how Kurupt came back to Death Row.  He owed Antra another album before he could leave, however he just peaced out early from it.  By putting Death Row-era tracks on it, not only would they have to pay Death Row, but Death Row would recieve a portion of the profits

Kurupt didnt go back to Death Row as an Artist. He went back as VP.. without any intentions of putting out a project there.. however it seems a Kurupt album on the row is what people want..

alaskanbrad

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 07:03:06 PM »
kurupt didnt really have any solo songs with death row that i can remember, just small parts on songs
[/quote

new york, new york
loc'd out hood

now i KNOW "new york, new york" was not a kurupt solo, but i relly liked the song, wish i still had it

Trauma-san

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2005, 11:29:36 PM »
I'm gonna be honest, these rappers are idiots for the contracts they sign.  What idiot would sign a contract that you know is going to keep you tied down for an indefinate period of time?  They sign for like 4 or 5 albums, and then it's the record co.'s decision on how often they'll release music.  So you could effectively be on there forever.  It's just straight up greed on both sides, greed to lock the guy down forever, and greed to get as much cash upfront out of the record company. 

Even Dre is locked down by Jimmy Iovine at Interscope...They've got a pretty good relationship, but if they'res ever a falling out, Jimmy would have Dre by the balls, just like Suge did. 

I know it's hard to do it any other way, but if more of these artists would stand up for their freedom from these crazy ass contracts, they'd see a better day.

mauzip

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2005, 12:05:44 AM »
^^

What if the artist flops? The artist will be glad he still has his contract, the record company would rather want to see him go.

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2005, 10:42:47 PM »

Kurupt didnt go back to Death Row as an Artist. He went back as VP.. without any intentions of putting out a project there.. however it seems a Kurupt album on the row is what people want..
shit i dont

ecrazy

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2005, 10:48:41 PM »
^^

What if the artist flops? The artist will be glad he still has his contract, the record company would rather want to see him go.