Author Topic: Here is something I don't understand  (Read 220 times)

Acgrundy

Here is something I don't understand
« on: February 13, 2005, 01:21:25 PM »
so I am reading these reviews of the latest snoop concert.  It seems a majority of the songs he performs is his stuff from doggystyle, and songs like nuthin but a g thang, deep cover, next episode.  Now I only seen snoop at up in smoke, and he pretty much performed the same way, all the classics.  And obviously the crowd gets way hyped over the doggystyle stuff over his other stuff he performs.  Snoop rarely ever performs many songs off any other album.

So what I don't understand is this:

Snoop knows the great reaction he gets from those songs.  he performs those songs because obviously he knows they are his best songs, and his fans like them the best.  So why does snoop not make music like that anymore?  Its not cuz he cant, because he can.  He still can flow like a mutha fucka, when he wants to.  he doesn't do it very often at all anymore, but he can do it.  he has access to any producer in the rap game, all he has to do is reach out, cough cough dr dre cough cough.  So what the fuck is snoops deal? 

mauzip

Re: Here is something I don't understand
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 01:23:12 PM »
yeah, in amsterdam he only did drop it like it's hot and let's get blown from his new album. what other artist only does 2 songs from his latest album?

i thought it was ironic that when he did drop it like it's hot only in the beginning the crowd went wild.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 01:24:45 PM by Mauzip a.k.a. The Legal Alien »

lbc213

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 01:31:41 PM »
U have a good point there Grundy, someone plz give us the answer  :)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 01:36:43 PM »
Yeah I find it hard to understand too.I cant think of any logical reason why he does that.He should be grateful that he's got a chance to make any music.Cause lots of people wanna make music but dont have any chance in making it at all.The best they can do is just write rhymes,but what are rhymes without beats???My point is that going into the studio & having possibilities to make music is like a gift & he should make the best of it.Im not saying he hasnt deserved all this shit but you gotta respect what you got.

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 02:12:44 PM »
it's cause stupid fucks keep buying his cd's... i understand if you really like his shit....then get it, it's your opinion....but to those other people that think his shit is just ok...or want to have all snoop's cd's...you're giving this man money for coming up with shitty songs

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 02:15:13 PM »
casual fans that go to a concert are guaranteed to know the doggystyle material.  i think the issue is snoop mostly does his huge hits and classic songs.  it wouldn't make sense for snoop to do a bunch of songs people don't know or don't like.

but i think the clear conclusion here is that snoop should get b-sharp to do his entire next album, so that he can have some new classics to perform.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Acgrundy

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 02:18:21 PM »
it wouldn't make sense for snoop to do a bunch of songs people don't know or don't like.

but its ok to make an album full of them?

Thirteen

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 02:22:33 PM »
it wouldn't make sense for snoop to do a bunch of songs people don't know or don't like.

as long as he makes money, that's what he's going to do... doesn't matter if there are 13 year olds doing a neptune's rap version of "if you're happy and you know it"

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 02:27:16 PM »

yes, because then he can go on tour and perform the songs people actually like.

he's always doing doggystyle material, battlecat, maybe quaze are the only cats that can ressurrect that doggystyle sound.  (there are a couple others but whatever). 
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2005, 02:36:25 PM »
he performs those songs cuz people my age dont go to his concerts and people my age like his recent stuff. And the people who go to his concerts are usally 18 and over and are fans of his doggystyle material.

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2005, 03:00:49 PM »
^^Actually, I'm 20 and I can only vaguely remember when Who Am I was a hit.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2005, 03:23:35 PM »
I've been to about 3 or 4 Snoop shows within the last 5 years or so and he's always done the same line-up of tracks and everything at every show (As far as his "Doggystyle" stuff goes)...but now he's replaced his "From Tha Chuuch 2 Da Palace" and "Beautiful" with "Drop It Like It's Hot" and "Let's Get Blown" to give his newest album some kind of compliments. Has anyone else that's been to multiple Snoop shows seen that his entrance and everything is always the same? Always sayin the exact same thing to the crowd "What's ya favorite drink....this cat in the front row juts said Kool-Aid"..."Man I'm talkin bout Gin & Juice!"....

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2005, 03:29:07 PM »
i've been to one..when he came like last year...he needs to get back to that shit
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2005, 07:02:18 PM »
so I am reading these reviews of the latest snoop concert.  It seems a majority of the songs he performs is his stuff from doggystyle, and songs like nuthin but a g thang, deep cover, next episode.  Now I only seen snoop at up in smoke, and he pretty much performed the same way, all the classics.  And obviously the crowd gets way hyped over the doggystyle stuff over his other stuff he performs.  Snoop rarely ever performs many songs off any other album.

So what I don't understand is this:

Snoop knows the great reaction he gets from those songs.  he performs those songs because obviously he knows they are his best songs, and his fans like them the best.  So why does snoop not make music like that anymore?  Its not cuz he cant, because he can.  He still can flow like a mutha fucka, when he wants to.  he doesn't do it very often at all anymore, but he can do it.  he has access to any producer in the rap game, all he has to do is reach out, cough cough dr dre cough cough.  So what the fuck is snoops deal? 

True indeed.

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2005, 07:21:20 PM »
Id be down for some gangster snoop songs, none of this bullshit luv songs snoop is making now. Snoop needs to live in the ghetto for a year than make another record, i gurentee he wont do songs like lets get blown and drop it like its hot.