Author Topic: What the fuck is wrong with rap???  (Read 342 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: What the fuck is wrong with rap???
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 05:52:13 PM »
kurupt doesn't need daz.

if anything, daz needs dre to tweak his beats (or maybe quik or something, maybe jermaine dupri will help him out here) but daz's beats have declined steadily after dre left the row.  notice how you said dogg food and not "dillinger & young gotti" or something.  "dpgc..." would have been borderline classic shit if daz had a cat like quik or dre tweaking shit for him.  without that, most of his shit is filler quality.   to raw.  and for that matter, maybe dre needs daz (or sean thomas, or sam sneed) because his shit is wack too.

kurupt simply needs to focus on his rhymes, stop freestyling everything.   there's a lot of producers that have hot tracks, kurupt doesn't need daz for that.  daz tracks are on the decline.   dre is also on the decline.

actually in my opinion dillenger and young gotti was a step in the right direction...mike dean tweeked daz's  beats to perfection and I havent heard daz do anything as  solid since...even though musically his new album was a step in the right direction, daz's lyrical ability or lack of I should say was completely exposed...

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 06:05:17 PM »
bigg vegaz:
actually in my opinion dillenger and young gotti was a step in the right direction...mike dean tweeked daz's  beats to perfection and I havent heard daz do anything as  solid since...

dillinger & young gotti had a couple heaters (coastin', gitta strippin', a couple more) but imo it wasn't like dogg food where pretty much every track was straight fire.  there were several beats that should have never been released, and several beats that were so vanilla...just because you put together a beat and it doesn't sound bad doesn't mean you should release it.  on dogg food, everythind sounded good.  on dillinger & young gotti, most of the stuff didn't sound bad.  and some of it was good.  that's the distinction i'm trying to draw.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 06:56:32 PM »
Beef is good as long as theres a reason to have it, cuz otherwise the artist doesnt really care about out doing his opponet
50 cent is a faggot!

Semir

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 05:39:45 AM »
that usually made me think of 50 cent and the game, the game is being a fuckign wannab 50 beefing with ja n murder inc and yuk and memphis bleek wtf is his problem...

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 08:44:54 AM »
"I'm tired of the rap game (why?!), the real shit ain't sellin'/All the studio killas makin' a kilin'/I'm like, 'Damn, how are ya'll mistaken a villain, for a fuckin' faggot that probably got a villain waitin' to kill him?'" - Saigon

Couldn't have said it better. I haven't listen to hiphop in over a month. Except an occassional Mobb Deep. It seems rap hasn't been the same since we got cookie cutter producers putting out bullshit "candyshop".