Author Topic: What the fuck is wrong with rap???  (Read 341 times)

Acgrundy

What the fuck is wrong with rap???
« on: February 15, 2005, 12:01:23 AM »
these beefs are just getting way too pathetic.  Now its game vs jay z or bleek or whoever the fuck it is.  we all know that it will end with a compromise, some sort of peace shit.  and the west just beefs with each other like no other and we don't get to hear some great music.  How much great crooked I music have we missed out on because he was on tha row?  I don't give a shit how much a dickrider you are, neither kurupt nor daz can be as good as they can be without eachother.  snoop ain't shit without dre, maybe they ain't beefin, but you know on the d/l they have.  this shit is stupid as fuck.  and the only way you guys can show how fuckin stupid it is is with your dollars.  quit the fuckin groupie dickridin.  I don't give a shit how much you want to suck kurupts dick and say you want daz killed, I know you luved dogg food.  Stop supporting these fuckin childish rappers that are starving for attention and using disses to gain sales.  I understand the majority of this forum has yet to hit puberty, but take these words as advice.  I been a fan for a long time.  and if you guys keep being groupies and picking sides and acting like these rappers are your best friends, then your are gonna get nothing but shitty rap.  rap has been nothing but shit for the last few years.  have some self respect and let these fools grow up and gain their self dignity back.  I know I don't want to bump a record of some rapper claiming to be gangster and constantlly talking shit about other rappers in interviews and message boards.  all beefs are publicity these days.  ain't no rapper have a real reason to beef.  which means you should have no real reason to support a rapper with these stupid beefs.  oh and by the way:  GO AHEAD AND DICKRIDE YOU FUCKIN GROUPIES.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: What the fuck is wrong with rap???
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 12:30:23 AM »
i totally feel u...but don't really know what to say or add to what u said.. lol

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 03:15:06 AM »
as far as this west on west beef: these cats would sound better workin together then beefin

Dre & Snoop, Yuk & Game, Daz & Kurupt, etc etc etc
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

I`m Wayne Brady bitch!

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 04:41:20 AM »
I 100% agree with you, but hey, some people have always been stupid. This shit will never die, and it is one of the many things that have killed the quality control in rap music.
Oh well, back to bumpin the chronic

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 05:40:30 AM »
kurupt doesn't need daz.

if anything, daz needs dre to tweak his beats (or maybe quik or something, maybe jermaine dupri will help him out here) but daz's beats have declined steadily after dre left the row.  notice how you said dogg food and not "dillinger & young gotti" or something.  "dpgc..." would have been borderline classic shit if daz had a cat like quik or dre tweaking shit for him.  without that, most of his shit is filler quality.   to raw.  and for that matter, maybe dre needs daz (or sean thomas, or sam sneed) because his shit is wack too.

kurupt simply needs to focus on his rhymes, stop freestyling everything.   there's a lot of producers that have hot tracks, kurupt doesn't need daz for that.  daz tracks are on the decline.   dre is also on the decline.
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 06:34:27 AM »
As much as it is senseless...

Its a fact of life.

Beef, on some level or another is going to exist. Its like saying why dont we all just get along, lets have world peace...whats the point of this country fighting that country.

Protestant vs. Catholic.

Islam Vs. Everyone.

Its its like that. And thats the way it is.

So...i guess...just roll with it, get over it, and dont complain.

Beef isnt always bad...Nas and Jay-Z's beef resulted in both picking up their games...
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 11:54:34 AM »
I agree with ACGrundy, all of these beefs are killing west coast rap.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

westkoastanostra

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 02:50:39 PM »
i agree with acgrundy this beef shit iz stupid as fuck....but it aint gonna change....there's dudes out there with big egos and dudes that like to diss other rappers for publicity and dudes in this forum startin some shit like bay vs LA and east vs west threads...its all wack

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 02:54:21 PM »
kurupt doesn't need daz.

if anything, daz needs dre to tweak his beats (or maybe quik or something, maybe jermaine dupri will help him out here) but daz's beats have declined steadily after dre left the row.  notice how you said dogg food and not "dillinger & young gotti" or something.  "dpgc..." would have been borderline classic shit if daz had a cat like quik or dre tweaking shit for him.  without that, most of his shit is filler quality.   to raw.  and for that matter, maybe dre needs daz (or sean thomas, or sam sneed) because his shit is wack too.

kurupt simply needs to focus on his rhymes, stop freestyling everything.   there's a lot of producers that have hot tracks, kurupt doesn't need daz for that.  daz tracks are on the decline.   dre is also on the decline.

damn,now acgrundy is going to call u a dickrider...

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 03:37:58 PM »
i agree cuz if i dont then im a dick rider but to ride or to die BEEF makes artist's better in akot of ways aslong as they keep it wax and tracks not guns and body bags.  they have to bring everything they got instead of putting out there usaual shit feel me

SGV

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 03:57:34 PM »
"I'm tired of the rap game (why?!), the real shit ain't sellin'/All the studio killas makin' a kilin'/I'm like, 'Damn, how are ya'll mistaken a villain, for a fuckin' faggot that probably got a villain waitin' to kill him?'" - Saigon

This sums up Hip Hop nowadays.

Beef was once entertaining, even if it did go off wax (Ruthless/Deathrow). But, after a while, the quality of the diss records being put out declined. The Shady's, Aftermath's, Murder Inc's, G-Unit's, Benzino's, T.I.'s, etc. all ruined beef in Hip Hop.

A diss record today rarely consists of any creative disses. If they're not threatening to kill their opponent, they're talking about their money, it's boring.

schizo1914

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 04:48:06 PM »
I heard Lil C-style has beef with Daz. 

C-clamp

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 05:22:50 PM »
i agree cuz if i dont then im a dick rider but to ride or to die BEEF makes artist's better in akot of ways aslong as they keep it wax and tracks not guns and body bags.  they have to bring everything they got instead of putting out there usaual shit feel me

totally agree with you, the whole rap industry is filled with dudes with huge egos, and to satisfy those ego's they surround themselves with yes-man, and it's usually those yes-man who get in their ear, sayin "i heard this dude said blah blah blah, that nigga ain't, you need to fuck'em up", didn't quik say that's how his old beef with dre started.  First step is for these rappers to drop all those yes-man and face reality, but that ain't happenin any time soon.

nibs

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aco forever
there's nothing wrong with beef
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 05:32:33 PM »
if you don't like someone, there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying it.  it's fake not say something or act on that.  it's fake to smile in someone's face, and jump on mtv all smiling and shit when you don't respect cats and have beef with them.

it's this simple.  people disagree and beef with each other for stupid reasons in real life.  it happens in the streets.  cats are greedy.  you sell some albums, that's a finite amount of money.  either the artist or the record execs are going to keep that money.  people always beef over money, over women, people beef over miscommunications.  it happens all the time.

rappers are no different from ordinary people in this regard.  stop trying to hold them to a higher standard.  

is beef keeping the west coast down?  of course not.  cats beef on the east coast all the time.  shit is not peace in love in new york, it's not all peace and love in the south.  even st louis with like 3 artists, and there's beef in the mix there too.

beef isn't keeping the west coast down.  the whole music biz is fake and synthetic, selling records is about creating the latest fad and selling some sort of gimmick basically.  mtv, record sales, award shows...that's all about perpetuating a money making gimmick.  at the same time, the true fans of the latest fad appreciate skill and talent and quality.  the real trick to success is finding a gimmick to sell quality.

who's on top of the game right now?  eminem?  the whole "great white rapper" thing is a gimmick.  he's beefed with tons of cats, icp, boy bands, fucking britney spears and other bubble gum pop singers...blah blah blah...and canibus.  

50 cent got in the game dissing everyone on the top of the game in the industry.  then he got shot 9 times or whatever, and that played into his gimmick.

game has had more beefs than albums.  dude had beefs before he had albums.  and his whole style is basically a gimmick.

beef, per sé, never hurts anyone.  it hasn't hurt any of these guys, it's only helped them.  beef and drama sell records.  bottom line.   beef isn't keeping the west coast down; anything that isn't dre or snoop related from the west coast has been hated on since pac died.

what we have is some cats that are scared of confrontations that want to blame every problem on beef.  why is it that beef only hurts the west coast?  why didn't jay-z and nas album sales tank when they were beefing?   nas was talking about "i wanted to murder cats on some taliban shit" or something silly like that.  why didn't the beef destroy his career?

the arguments cats are making against beef don't make sense.

How much great crooked I music have we missed out on because he was on tha row?

crooked i never got caught up in any beefs in any meaningful way.  people need to listen to daz on the internet or subliminal messages by snoop to find crook anywhere near beef.

crook's problem is that everything death row does gets hated on automatically.  crook never really had a shot in that context while on the row, but that isn't beef.  that is the music industry hating on death row.  kurupt's situation may play out differently because he's established himself with a couple hits away from the row, and is coming back to save the row.  so the industry may show kurupt some love that way, or maybe he'll get hated on like everything else tha row does.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 05:38:57 PM by nibs »
"a four letter word is going out to every single enemy" - kam

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 05:48:13 PM »
well, thats life
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008