Author Topic: "Heavy" music.  (Read 642 times)

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
"Heavy" music.
« on: February 21, 2005, 08:34:11 AM »
Considering I'm in a "heavy" music phase lately (among some experimental stuff like Godspeed You! Black Emperor and ambient electronica like Aphex Twin) I thought I should make my first topic about heavy music.

Do you like heavier forms of music? I'm talking about metal and grindcore, or even some hardcore punk.

Currently, my favorite metal bands would be;

The Dillinger Escape Plan
Meshuggah
Tool
Opeth
Kyuss
The Melvins
Sepultura
Suicidal Tendencies
Rage Against The Machine (Not that heavy, but awesome nonetheless)
Black Sabbath
Unearth
Judas Priest
Superjoint Ritual

(In no particular order)

Also, am I the only one who has noticed that metal is slowly becoming the dominant genre again? Judas Priest and Black Sabbath are working on a new album, NWOAHM bands like Unearth are becoming more popular, and even bands like The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Audioslave - apparently - claimed their next album's going to be heavier than their previous work.

So yeah. Discuss. Or whatever it is you do here.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Heavy" music.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 08:46:38 AM »
Maroon 5 is alright

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 08:49:07 AM »
so what brings you to dubcc? i'm not disrespecting you but i'm just wondering how the hell you got here  ;D

ABN

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »
well i listen to Slayer and Sepeltura and thatīs about it.

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 08:50:41 AM »
Maroon 5 is alright

No. Besides that, they're far from heavy. You know the topic title said heavy and not pop, right?

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 08:51:25 AM »
then how about Guerilla Black?

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 08:52:15 AM »
so what brings you to dubcc? i'm not disrespecting you but i'm just wondering how the hell you got here  ;D

you see quasimoto and aceyalone in his sig. hes eclectic

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 08:52:45 AM »
Maroon 5 is alright

No. Besides that, they're far from heavy. You know the topic title said heavy and not pop, right?

ur response is leaving me speechless  ;D

Anyway, about the heavy music... I didn't even like the stuff Onyx did with Biohazard. Guess I'll leave this thread for what it is  :-*

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 08:53:16 AM »

I listen to all kinds of music. Hardcore punk, jazz, hip-hop, electronica, blues, etc. So I'm here to discuss music. Also, my favorite album is "Coast 2 Coast" by Tha Alkaholiks. It's not like I'm a metal head or anything. Although I'm in a jazz influenced metal band. It's not like I only stick to the bands I listed earlier in this topic.

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2005, 08:54:51 AM »
I didn't even like the stuff Onyx did with Biohazard.

Can't say I blame you.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2005, 08:58:07 AM »
come on. your fav album is coast 2 coast by tha liks??? thats kinda strange. good album, but thats like saying your favorite emcee is keith murray

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2005, 09:01:51 AM »
come on. your fav album is coast 2 coast by tha liks??? thats kinda strange. good album, but thats like saying your favorite emcee is keith murray

So? I know it's not an established classic like Entroducing.. by DJ Shadow or Reachin' by Digable Planets. But to me, it's on the same level.

Anyway. No offense, but I'd rather stick to the topic now. Which is metal and such.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2005, 09:13:38 AM »
canīt tell you alot about metal. As for hardcore punk, iīm not really into it either (when it comes to punk i prefer the poppier stuff cause itīs more musical), but you could try out bands like Raised Fist, Snapcase, Against All Authority, The Exploited, Refused etc. But as said, Iīm more into stuff like Green Day, Descendents or Lagwagon, some punk fans disrespect that shit and it definitely ainīt hardcore, but to me itīs just more interesting, musically

ABN

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2005, 09:17:27 AM »
i heard a real strange grind core song called "Eazy-E Got Aids From Freddy Mercury" a couple of years ago and i think the group who had done it was called Anal Cunt. but thatīs a fucked up title.

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2005, 09:48:55 AM »
i heard a real strange grind core song called "Eazy-E Got Aids From Freddy Mercury" a couple of years ago and i think the group who had done it was called Anal Cunt. but thatīs a fucked up title.

Hahaha yeah. They have a sick sense of humor. They're quite enjoyable, though, if you're into non technical grindcore like Napalm Death.

canīt tell you alot about metal. As for hardcore punk, iīm not really into it either (when it comes to punk i prefer the poppier stuff cause itīs more musical), but you could try out bands like Raised Fist, Snapcase, Against All Authority, The Exploited, Refused etc. But as said, Iīm more into stuff like Green Day, Descendents or Lagwagon, some punk fans disrespect that shit and it definitely ainīt hardcore, but to me itīs just more interesting, musically

I'm not at all into pop punk. It's not really punk to begin with.

The Refused are awesome, though. I scream like their lead singer. He pretty much influenced my vocals.