Author Topic: MAN VS. MACHINE NOT LOOKIN GOOD  (Read 1321 times)

LIL GUY

• Muthafuckin' OG
MAN VS. MACHINE NOT LOOKIN GOOD
« on: August 15, 2002, 03:26:12 PM »
IS IT JUST ME OR HAS ALL THE XZIBIT SONGS OF THIS ALBUM THAT HAVE BEEN LEAKED BEEN TRASH.  SO FAR WE HEARD 3 SONGS AND ALL THREE HAVE BEEN AVG OR BELOW.  SIMPHONY X IS TRASH, MULTIPLY IS TRASH, AND LOSE YOUR MIND IS TRASH.  IT SEEMS LIKE XZIBIT IS STARTING TO RHYME LIKE EMINEM SAYING COMEDIC SHIT TRYIN TO BE FUNNY, SHIT LIKE, "MAGIC JOHNSON SHOULD RUN FOR MAYOR, LITTLE KIM SOLD ME PUSSY BUT I DIDDNT PAY HER".  THIS SHOULD GO INTO THE TOP 100 WORST RHYMES OF ALL TIME.
XZIBIT WAS SAYING THAT HE PUT HIS ALL INTO THIS ALBUM LYRICALY BUT SO FAR IM NOT SEEING IT.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

Re: MAN VS. MACHINE NOT LOOKIN GOOD
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2002, 03:31:11 PM »
::)

I heard 2 joints so far, and they were both bangers.

Juice

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2002, 03:37:31 PM »
IS IT JUST ME OR HAS ALL THE XZIBIT SONGS OF THIS ALBUM THAT HAVE BEEN LEAKED BEEN TRASH.  SO FAR WE HEARD 3 SONGS AND ALL THREE HAVE BEEN AVG OR BELOW.  SIMPHONY X IS TRASH, MULTIPLY IS TRASH, AND LOSE YOUR MIND IS TRASH.  IT SEEMS LIKE XZIBIT IS STARTING TO RHYME LIKE EMINEM SAYING COMEDIC SHIT TRYIN TO BE FUNNY, SHIT LIKE, "MAGIC JOHNSON SHOULD RUN FOR MAYOR, LITTLE KIM SOLD ME PUSSY BUT I DIDDNT PAY HER".  THIS SHOULD GO INTO THE TOP 100 WORST RHYMES OF ALL TIME.
XZIBIT WAS SAYING THAT HE PUT HIS ALL INTO THIS ALBUM LYRICALY BUT SO FAR IM NOT SEEING IT.

You right, but let's give him another chance. That's the do or die album IMO. Restless had great productions but was a lil bit disappointing IMO. 2nd disappointing album means :'(

platinumk777

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2002, 03:39:37 PM »
Yup, I gotta say, things are looking bad for X to the Z. I thought Restless was a very solid, bangin album, contrary to what many people think. It just goes to show what my standards are, and if Man vs Machine can't even live up to em, I can't imagine what others are gonna say. But I'm goin way over my head, we'll see how things play out once I get my hands on the retail album

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2002, 03:50:02 PM »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2002, 03:54:25 PM »
The game is over, and u guys lose...

Murrow

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2002, 04:04:29 PM »
I don't think this album will do well.  West coast hip-hop needs help.

Real_G

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2002, 04:05:52 PM »
Actully we've heard 5 songs...

Multiply
Symphony X
Gambler
Break ya self
lose your mind

I didnt think this sounded that good at first but Gambler is driven my crazy. I cant wait to hear this in full. I wasnt sure bout buyin this at first but damn I still got some faith n xzibit. I can tell this aint no classic but im sure it'll be worth the $20.

Real_G

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2002, 04:09:29 PM »
I don't think this album will do well.  West coast hip-hop needs help.

I can tell you dont know shit about underground westcoast. Its doing just fine if you ask me. And im sure im repeating myself when i say this....SALES DONT MEAN SHIT ON QUALITY!!!!!!!!

Murrow

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2002, 04:14:19 PM »

I can tell you dont know shit about underground westcoast. Its doing just fine if you ask me. And im sure im repeating myself when i say this....SALES DONT MEAN SHIT ON QUALITY!!!!!!!!

[size=8]West Coast Hip-Hop needs help[/size]

Who the fuck are you?  The only people who give a fuck about West Coast hip-hop are peeps on the West coast.  I live on the East coast, and over here no one gives a fuck about it.  I'm not talkin bout sales, over all, it's not getting heard.

Real_G

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2002, 04:20:19 PM »

Who the fuck are you?  The only people who give a fuck about West Coast hip-hop are peeps on the West coast.  I live on the East coast, and over here no one gives a fuck about it.  I'm not talkin bout sales, over all, it's not getting heard.

You still hear it dont you? Its getting heard by everyone on this board. Everyone that likes rap knows about westcoast rap and im sure most of them like at least ONE west rapper. Like i said im sure you dont know about underground west because the quality of the music is still great. ANd what does this have to do with the east. People on the east like it dont they? The quality of the music will change if all you listen to is the popular artists. The underground scene will always be great and that'll never change.

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
(JAE)
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2002, 05:54:06 PM »
You still hear it dont you? Its getting heard by everyone on this board.
That's because this board is a Westcoast forum.

Everyone that likes rap knows about westcoast rap
Of course everybody "knows about Westcoast rap," but that doesn't mean that they like it.

I'm sure most of them like at least ONE west rapper.
Liking only one westcoast rapper isn't good enough.

Like i said im sure you dont know about underground west
That happens to be the problem that Incognito is addressing when he says that Westcoast is "not getting heard."

underground west...the quality of the music is still great.
True.

And what does this have to do with the east?
::) ::) ::)Westcoast hip hop needs to be (and should be) heard everywhere (including the east, and NOT just on the westcoast. That's what Incognito means when he says that "West coast hip-hop needs help."

People on the east like it dont they?
Yes, you are correct, people on the east coast do like west coast hip hop. However, very few eastcoast people actually like westcoast hip hop because of the fact that very few eastcoast people actually get to hear westcoast hip hop!

The quality of the music will change if all you listen to is the popular artists.
That's my point exactly (most eastcoast cats only listen to popular westcoast rap).

The underground scene will always be great and that'll never change.
That's (also) true, but that's not enough. You see, we need the mainstream scene to be great, as well (and not just the underground scene).

Peace.

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2002, 06:27:47 PM »
So far from what I heard its a step up from Restless. I still miss the shit from At the Speed of Life. That's when X was in his prime.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2002, 06:41:46 PM »
i like multiply alot i think that is 10x better than X,,,i also like lose your mind,,,,i wasnt really feelin the beat on symphony doe

Real_G

Re: (JAE)
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2002, 07:01:28 PM »

That's because this board is a Westcoast forum.

Of course everybody "knows about Westcoast rap," but that doesn't mean that they like it.

Liking only one westcoast rapper isn't good enough.

That happens to be the problem that Incognito is addressing when he says that Westcoast is "not getting heard."

True.

::) ::) ::)Westcoast hip hop needs to be (and should be) heard everywhere (including the east, and NOT just on the westcoast. That's what Incognito means when he says that "West coast hip-hop needs help."

Yes, you are correct, people on the east coast do like west coast hip hop. However, very few eastcoast people actually like westcoast hip hop because of the fact that very few eastcoast people actually get to hear westcoast hip hop!

That's my point exactly (most eastcoast cats only listen to popular westcoast rap).

That's (also) true, but that's not enough. You see, we need the mainstream scene to be great, as well (and not just the underground scene).

Peace.

Ok but you broke up what i said too much and missed my point. I dont care if people on the east hear it or not, all i know is that i hear it and like it. But I know they do because no matter where you are you can hear music. east or west. Some of the stuff you said was really stupid. "liking only one west rapper isnt good enough" Ok why? I like way more than one so dont get me wrong but why do you care what other people like. People dont have to like westcoast rap at all. They should but if they dont then its they're loss.

"Westcoast hip hop needs to be (and should be) heard everywhere (including the east, and NOT just on the westcoast. That's what Incognito means when he says that "West coast hip-hop needs help."

Why? As long as we hear it does it matter? And it is heard everywhere. As long as you have the internet you can hear it. And Ive never been to a cd store and never seen a west cd. How do you know what Incognito means anyway. He might mean westcoast hip hop is shitty and thats why it needs help. I sure hope thats not what he ment...

"we need the mainstream scene to be great, as well (and not just the underground scene)."

Again i ask, WHY? who cares as long as we can hear it then thats great. I DO NOT EVEN CARE THE SLITEST BIT IF WESTCOAST RAP IS POPULAR! in fact id rather it wasnt so it could still hav the underground sound to (some of) it. who cares if the mainstream is great. I hate 3 quarters of what is considered "mainstream".

Westcoast rap isnt in danger, It isnt dead and never was. Ill be just as happy lisening to my DJ Quik cd if I was the only person in this whole world that bought it.