Author Topic: Eastwood: "I'm Officially Off Of Death Row"...  (Read 508 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Eastwood: "I'm Officially Off Of Death Row"...
« on: February 27, 2005, 05:30:22 AM »
from wcrydaz forum:

Eastwood: "I'm Officially Off Of Death Row"...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier I caught up with Eastwood and we had a chance to chop it up. I informed him that a lot of people around the Net are asking about his current status with Death Row Records.

His own words were, "I'm officially off of Death Row however I am also currently in renegotiations with them." He didn't rule out shopping himself around as well.

I will be talking to him some more, so I'll bring you more info as soon as I get it.

Styles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier I caught up with Eastwood and we had a chance to chop it up. I informed him that a lot of people around the Net are asking about his current status with Death Row Records.

His own words were, "I'm officially off of Death Row however I am also currently in renegotiations with them." He didn't rule out shopping himself around as well.

I will be talking to him some more, so I'll bring you more info as soon as I get it.

Styles

ABN

Re: Eastwood: "I'm Officially Off Of Death Row"...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2005, 05:57:56 AM »
i hope that Eastwood signs with another label coz he´s pretty talented and he deserves to be signed to a better label then DR.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2005, 05:59:17 AM »

** BET DEATH ROW STILL CLAIM HE'S SIGNED **

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2005, 11:47:57 AM »
east wood would be a major nice addition to the regime
eastwood/gonzoe/cbo/yuk

Acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2005, 12:19:58 PM »
yeah, eastwood would be nice in the regime.  I can't beleive he is even thinking of renegotiating with DR.  You have got to be the biggesst moron in the history of the music biz to sign with deathrow these days.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2005, 12:47:57 PM »
Never felt Eastwood, but I always wanted to.  He was always "hyped up" as being the next up & coming thing due to, what I believe was his association with Deathrow.  I don’t think it was because he was actually "up & coming."  I also think that his association with Deathrow got in the way of him actually showcasing himself as a legitimate artist.  Instead, he built his name off of controversy which in contrast resulted in hype, good or bad.  Even his name was built on controversy.  (... call him "Snoop Eastwood, kickin dust as I bust, fuck peace... and the mutha fuckin punk police...")  Ok, so not as striking as... say "Y.G. The Topp Dogg" but you get the picture.

I think he'd be somebody I'd check for if he'd put himself in a position to really shine on his own.  I don’t think he’s bad, but I just don’t think he’s all that good to be associated with so much drama.  Good luck to him and SMA.  I'd rather see him leave DR to be honest and see SMA as a whole create that hype on their  own cuz they got talent, I'm not saying they don't.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
I'm almost sure that he will end up either signing wit G-Unit or BlackWallStreet or maybe even both.

'DsR'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 08:48:53 PM »

dont they still claim crooked i is signed?

"fuck under tha influence im hella fucked up, swervin down the freeway spillin my cup"

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 09:48:08 PM »
thanks for this update

Mr. RuthlessG

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 05:20:22 AM »
That's good news.  Eastwood should sign to Rap-A-Lot at least that way he can release a album.

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2005, 05:36:24 AM »

dont they still claim crooked i is signed?

yup

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2005, 07:23:43 AM »
the only cats who re still signed to death row rec are the peeps who re signed to their forum.  8)

from the yay

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 11:09:26 AM »
the only cats who re still signed to death row rec are the peeps who re signed to their forum.  8)

LMAO!!!!

ABN

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 11:50:39 AM »
BlackWallStreet or maybe even both.
allthough he and Game are friends i doubt this´ll happen.

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2005, 01:01:52 PM »
How do you know he and Game are friends? lmao

Eastwood has his name before he was on Death Row Axle... so its not really a shot at Snoop, it was probably out of respect for Snoop at the time, or to do with where he came from... Also I thought he displayed his talent well on the 'DysFunkTional Family' soundtrack, everyone was waiting on Crooked I, then that dropped and everyone wanted East, same with the Death Row cameo on Ja Rule's 'The Last Temptation'... the only controversy he was involved in was that aftermath diss with Benzino and that diss song on DysFunktional...

also, everyone should know this, East has been 'off' Death Row for years, none of the artists have been signed for years. Its all BS. Like Danny Boy was never signed, thats why he was allowed on American Idol. You had to be Independent for atleast 5 years, yet Death Row have claimed time and time again DB was 'back' and on their roster. 'Wood was the same, the only 'signed' artist Death Row has had in past years was 2Pac. The whole Crooked I thing is a complete mess and obviously they signed him to some sort of deal when they assumed he would put an album out. Eastwood never had one to be released in the immediate future, and for that reason and others was I believe NEVER signed as an artist... they all just claimed they Row...