Author Topic: Another Nas topic (next album??)  (Read 177 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Another Nas topic (next album??)
« on: March 02, 2005, 05:16:01 AM »
Ok, this came to mind looking at the Nas writes novels topic - Street´s Disciple was one of the very few hiphop albums i was looking forward to towards the end of the last year and even though it eas alright i was pretty disappointed with it. I´m not really keeping up on hiphop news like i used to anymore so forgive me if this is a dumb question: What happened to

a) The Lost Tapes II

b) his album with Primo?

Elevz

Re: Another Nas topic (next album??)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 06:58:26 AM »
I don't know what happened to his album with Premier, but I wonder for myself, do I even want to hear Nas and Premier together? They're both great artists, but I think I'd enjoy both their music more if they did not work together.

The Lost Tapes II... Did they even officially anounce that? I thought it was just us hoping for him to ever put that out, because of the amount of excellent songs we've heard that didn't make it on Street's Disciple.

IMO Street's Disciple was the #3 album of 2004 though... I quite much loved it!

akaDRooPY

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 08:57:28 AM »
Nas Daq Dow Jones

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 09:18:09 AM »
I don't know what happened to his album with Premier, but I wonder for myself, do I even want to hear Nas and Premier together? They're both great artists, but I think I'd enjoy both their music more if they did not work together.

The Lost Tapes II... Did they even officially anounce that? I thought it was just us hoping for him to ever put that out, because of the amount of excellent songs we've heard that didn't make it on Street's Disciple.

Some of Nas's best tracks were with Primo. I know that album would be a classic.

Kal EL

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 09:41:43 AM »
That song from I AM is the shit, "Nas Is Like". Good Shit

Elevz

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 09:45:22 AM »

Some of Nas's best tracks were with Primo. I know that album would be a classic.

True, but that's a thing of the past... I won't deny, tracks like "NY state of mind" definately are classics, but that's a thing of the past... I like when Nas goes on that inventive shit, like he did with "Bridging the gap", but I can't really say Premier has changed his styles a lot over the past. They were a good team in the past, but for 2005/2006? I'm not really sure.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 09:50:38 AM »
Primo is the opposite of innovative, but the definition of solid. I think the album could be great, but i agree it wouldn´t blow your mind musically, you could just enjoy every track...i thought Lost Tapes II was announced, yeah, but i forgot about the source, might have been some bs rumour then

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 09:56:34 AM »
it wouldn´t blow your mind musically,

If I had 10 billion dollars for everytime a rap album has blown my mind musically, I'd still be dead broke. It's not just Primo's production that'll make the album good, it's how Nas raps over Primo beats that make him a better MC, IMO.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 10:00:43 AM »

If I had 10 billion dollars for everytime a rap album has blown my mind musically, I'd still be dead broke. It's not just Primo's production that'll make the album good, it's how Nas raps over Primo beats that make him a better MC, IMO.

Just musically....I´d have some mind-blow dough from Mecca & The Soul Brother, The Infamous (ok, today it wouldn´t no more, but when i was 15 it did), ATLiens, The Chronic and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and maybe a couple others. Of course hiphop´s just hiphop and not the peaks of music as such, but it can still be amazing

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 10:08:17 AM »

Just musically....I´d have some mind-blow dough from Mecca & The Soul Brother, The Infamous (ok, today it wouldn´t no more, but when i was 15 it did), ATLiens, The Chronic and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and maybe a couple others. Of course hiphop´s just hiphop and not the peaks of music as such, but it can still be amazing

Well I grew up listening to 60s and 70s music, so I guess it wasn't possible for me to be impressed musically with hip hop even if I was a kid. When you listen to Hendrix it's hard to be blown away by Dre. It didn't help that I had heard a lot of the original samples before I heard the hip hop bastardized versions.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 10:32:55 AM »

Well I grew up listening to 60s and 70s music, so I guess it wasn't possible for me to be impressed musically with hip hop even if I was a kid. When you listen to Hendrix it's hard to be blown away by Dre. It didn't help that I had heard a lot of the original samples before I heard the hip hop bastardized versions.

i grew up listening to 60´s and 70´s stuff too though...it´s not like i ever thought those hiphop cats are the better musician, the music as a whole just fascinated and intrigued me as a whole somehow and the best of it did blow my mind and it still does in a certain way. But it´s true, i guess today a new hiphop album couldn´t anymore, at least not classical hiphop as we know it...

Jome

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 11:03:33 AM »
NasDaq Dow Jones

One of the corniest album names in a very long while..  :D

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 11:16:08 AM »

really, not even chronic, 2001, violent by design... i know how u like to hate on rap beats, but theres still a good amount of really sick rap beats.... btw i hate most of the production nas chooses, its so boring..

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 12:39:35 PM »
that album would be heat!!!!!!!!!!!