Author Topic: WTF is Dre doin?  (Read 1093 times)

Az

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
WTF is Dre doin?
« on: March 02, 2005, 04:15:02 PM »
I'd really like to know. After hearin what 50 said about Dre not giving him more beats for his new album, I can't help thinkin back to when Pac blasted Dre for being lazy and takin so long to produce a beat. 50 was in LA for 4 months and could only get 2/3 beats for his album, an Aftermath release, most anticipated rap artist release since Encore. WTF. I kinda see why hes pissed off at Dre. After GRODT 50 was saying Dre was gonna produce the majority of his 2nd album, that was over a year ago. I have nothing but respect for Dre, but lately he just seems to be a letdown. NWA reunion cancelled, he signs Rakim and the albums scrapped, Cube is rumoured to sign, that fizzles out, signs Brooklyn, wheres she gone? starts Detox, then cancels it, Joe Beast, Starts Detox again? Fuck, I expected Game to have 85% of his album done by Dre, how pissed off was I when the album dropped. Eminem got the standard 3-4 Dre tracks which sounded like the same generic 2001, shady/aftermath style we've been putting up with for years. 90% of his beats sound the same these days, same generic bass, same guitar, same keyboard sounds, same wack  female singing chrouses. People act like Snoop wont fuck wit Dre anymore, but it seems the other way round. Most common reason, Dres too busy. He can't be busy with movie scores, Bad Boys2 sounded like 2001 leftovers. What the FUCK is he up to? Detox has got a lot to live up to. No wonder Snoops fuckin wit the Neptunes if an Aftermath artist can only gets 3-4 beats off Dre in 4 months.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WTF is Dre doin?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 04:19:18 PM »
Dr. Dre is  lazy.

I bet 70% of the time he does nothing and sits home drinkin and smokin.

quik4life

• 'G'
  • I'd rather be dope than use it! - DJ Quik
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 04:35:33 PM »
judge not lest ye be judged.

az
One nuts, two nuts, three un four
Then I wake up in the morning and I bust two more
Cus that's the freak in me, and yes I'm very doggy
Playin with your coochie till it's nice and soggy
--DJ Quik--

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 05:01:47 PM »
Dre did 8 songs on Encore. But ya'll gotta remember that Dr. Dre doesn't just produce tracks, he mixes other songs that other producers have done. It's a lot more work than dude gets credit for. It's just the little shit that makes the big difference in some tracks, most recently those on the Documentary. We'll see what Dre mixed on The Massacre when it drops tomorrow.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 05:48:27 PM »
dre is doin good  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 05:52:46 PM »
maybe he didnt want to. yall forgettin 50 is Eminem's artist (yeah i know he on aftermath too)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 05:54:57 PM »
Dr. Dre is lazy.

I bet 70% of the time he does nothing and sits home drinkin and smokin.
... you realize dre is old, he has a family, he has kids... i doubt hes sitting at home getting high, shit, hes enjoying life..

madsamoan

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 07:05:58 PM »
I'd really like to know. After hearin what 50 said about Dre not giving him more beats for his new album, I can't help thinkin back to when Pac blasted Dre for being lazy and takin so long to produce a beat. 50 was in LA for 4 months and could only get 2/3 beats for his album, an Aftermath release, most anticipated rap artist release since Encore. WTF. I kinda see why hes pissed off at Dre. After GRODT 50 was saying Dre was gonna produce the majority of his 2nd album, that was over a year ago. I have nothing but respect for Dre, but lately he just seems to be a letdown. NWA reunion cancelled, he signs Rakim and the albums scrapped, Cube is rumoured to sign, that fizzles out, signs Brooklyn, wheres she gone? starts Detox, then cancels it, Joe Beast, Starts Detox again? Fuck, I expected Game to have 85% of his album done by Dre, how pissed off was I when the album dropped. Eminem got the standard 3-4 Dre tracks which sounded like the same generic 2001, shady/aftermath style we've been putting up with for years. 90% of his beats sound the same these days, same generic bass, same guitar, same keyboard sounds, same wack  female singing chrouses. People act like Snoop wont fuck wit Dre anymore, but it seems the other way round. Most common reason, Dres too busy. He can't be busy with movie scores, Bad Boys2 sounded like 2001 leftovers. What the FUCK is he up to? Detox has got a lot to live up to. No wonder Snoops fuckin wit the Neptunes if an Aftermath artist can only gets 3-4 beats off Dre in 4 months.

You make a lot of good points above regarding Dr. Dre. But if it was a perfect world, Dre would produce all of 50's and Eminem's albums, produce and release Rakim's album as well as Detox and a NWA reunion. But only the man knows the answer to all the questions.

hiphopthugsta

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 07:14:02 PM »
 The N.W.A. situation is not Dre's fault at all. There was alot of politics involved in that one......ie. Tomika Wright, Jerry Heller etc.

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 07:23:16 PM »
prolly hes getting old, he no longer has n e thing to prove, money wise hes great.

Why risk releasing lots of whack shit? Ruining his rep?
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 08:01:24 PM »
if i was him all i would do is get crunk smoke weed and fuck bitches

blockstar

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 08:03:47 PM »
Dre and Interscope gets breaded a lot more if people outside the company are going to be buying the beats:
Gwen Stefini and all those other artists with recent dre beats.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2005, 09:02:28 PM »

Dre don't gotta do a damn thing!

Be grateful he's done great music for this long and is still making bangers.

Everyone is on his nuts and they all want a Dre beat.  Be grateful the man is a perfectionist.  He ain't gonna put crap out there.  If that means you gotta wait 2 or 3 years for another DIAMOND album, then fuckin' wait.  Don't rush someone who is basically making your hits because if you do, you'll end up with a piece of shit like the Masacre.

8)

big mat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • it aint my baby, bitch!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2005, 09:46:50 PM »
if i was him all i would do is get crunk smoke weed and fuck bitches

that's why u'll never be somebody like him

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2005, 10:15:08 PM »
i agree the beats on the massacre that arent produced by dre are fucking better then dre's eminem's beats are better then his. on the encore album em had eight dre beats but dre was never around was he he wasnt even on the fucking album like eminem show.  the only thing dre said on encore was "what up" "yeah" and even that shit was fucking recorded so yeha i think i would like to know what the fuck is up with dre.fuck selling beats to the likes of gwen stefani and shit how about protect your fcuking rep. respect is more than money wheres dre's. plus everytime he rapping like on Ice Cube's "HELLO" he talik about fuck the rap game and on 2001 album on "Forgot About Dre" he talking "give me one more platinum plaque and fuck rap you can have it back" he got that plaque after that song so is it true. there is more album's out there i seriously thought he would have played a bigger role in Games fucking cd. fuck 50 but he would have played abigger role in his. eminem got hsi 8 beats cuz he can do it all mix like dre produce like dre so dre "trusts" his opinion and thats hella cool. but what has dre been doing ???