Poll

I'm planning to do the Study Abroad Program in Spain in 2007. Which City should i do it in?

Madrid
1 (14.3%)
Barcelona
6 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Barcelona or Madrid?  (Read 84 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Barcelona or Madrid?
« on: March 19, 2005, 04:17:50 AM »
Give me reasons why i should go to Madrid or Barcelona. Thanks
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

mauzip

Re: Barcelona or Madrid?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 04:26:02 AM »
Madrid cause that's further away from me :)

Bomb-A®

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 04:28:50 AM »
barcelona for sure.....cataluna area overall is a great place man....madrid is nothing different  from any other big european city (from an outsider's point of view)
its also more of a tourist spot than madrid

peace

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 04:51:46 AM »
barcelona....

people are nice
girls are nice
weather is nice

and there are a lot of things to visit..  football stadium , olympic stadium  :o

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 05:38:37 AM »
i don´t really know Madrid. However they say the center of the city of Madrid got more clubs/discos than the country of Sweden, so it´s definitely not a lame place to be. Spain is generally a country where a lot of shit goes on, the further south you go, the more people seem to spend their whole lives on the streets, which might be a bit stronger in Madrid.

Geographically, as i guess you know, Madrid is in the interior and Barcelona on the coast...the landscape around Madrid in summer is dry as hell, but i personally like it...there´s nice towns around too, like Salamanca and Toledo. Don´t be surprised about 110 degrees or something though if you go in July or August. Barcelona should be a bit cooler cause it´s a coastal town, don´t expect anything from the beaches though, you almost need to hit the mass tourism destinations south of the city if you want nice beaches...

Barcelona´s got some nice things to see...if you´re interested in cultural stuff i guess both towns are interesting, but i know more about Barcelona, Sagrada Familia (the huge church still under construction), The Cathedral and the whole Barrio Gótico, Museo Gaudi, Montjuic (Olympic Village), Parc Güell, Camp Nou (Europe´s biggest soccer stadium), etc. But i guess Madrid´s got a lot of nice stuff too, i just don´t know it well

one last thing, be aware that in barcelona they speak two languages, spanish and catalán, and that many are pretty proud of the latter, which might be kind of difficult for you as a student...the vast majority of people don´t refuse to conversate in spanish though

peace

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 05:07:10 PM »
thanks for the responses yawl!
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)