Author Topic: WWE Signs Marty Janetty  (Read 397 times)

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
WWE Signs Marty Janetty
« on: March 21, 2005, 12:22:02 PM »
Marty Jannetty signed a contract with WWE after wrestling Kurt Angle on SmackDown!.
Looks like he'll be on Raw seeing that Janetty will be working with Shawn Michaels on house shows following WrestleMania. The two will once again team to form The Rockers

On The Edge of Insanity

Re: WWE Signs Marty Janetty
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 12:46:07 PM »
LMAO, is this for real, they are really gonna reunite The Rockers, that will be hilarious watching them two now they are much older, can't see them quite being the high flying pair they previously were.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 12:52:20 PM »
bad move. jannetys been in the sport for a hundred years and he still looks incredibly green. after every offensive move he gets up and cheers and he cant talk. sure he had a good match with angle, but its angle. if they cant do anything with paul london, what are they gonna do with this relic?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 12:59:28 PM »
bad move. jannetys been in the sport for a hundred years and he still looks incredibly green. after every offensive move he gets up and cheers and he cant talk. sure he had a good match with angle, but its angle. if they cant do anything with paul london, what are they gonna do with this relic?

How is Jannetty still green? He was a high calibre performer in the 80s.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 01:06:21 PM »
im not saying he should be, im saying he is. i cant explain it, he still looks uncomfortable out there and he doesnt know how to put a match together

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 01:22:59 PM »
He'll be gone in 3 months
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2005, 04:52:10 PM »
if they can put on a decent show, i will be happy
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2005, 05:21:13 PM »
im not saying he should be, im saying he is. i cant explain it, he still looks uncomfortable out there and he doesnt know how to put a match together

I thought that match with Angle was one of the best WWE TV matches I've seen a really long time. I know he was in there with Angle, but he still made his spots with Grenier look passable, and that is quite the feat.

If the Jannetty/Angle match wasn't well put together, I'd like to hear what you think is a well put together match.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 08:30:49 PM »
Did you not see Michaels & Janetty team last week?  No ring rust, basically picked up where they left off 12 years ago. 

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2005, 11:29:07 PM »
i saw it and i disagree and i guess after a few weeks of watching him wrestle, we will see who changes their opinion of him. personally, i think once the 'i-remember-that-guy' aspect wears thin, you will see an aging - yet still green - wrestler who can not talk and has the charisma of Test.

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2005, 06:12:34 AM »
if those old guys can still move around, i will check it out

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2005, 07:30:02 AM »
i saw it and i disagree and i guess after a few weeks of watching him wrestle, we will see who changes their opinion of him. personally, i think once the 'i-remember-that-guy' aspect wears thin, you will see an aging - yet still green - wrestler who can not talk and has the charisma of Test.

I never said I think he'll do amazing, but to make an opinion off of one match the calibre of Kurt/Jannetty is just foolish. Name me some recent good matches.If you say anything involving Kane, I will never speak wrestling with you again.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2005, 10:20:05 AM »
the HBK vs Edge match with the angle run-in was the last good wwe match that comes to mind. kidman and london on SD last week was pretty good. i liked Hardy and Abyss but i'm a mark for thumbtacks.and i enjoy anything with aj styles. o yea, Snitsky rules!!!

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2005, 01:13:33 PM »
the HBK vs Edge match with the angle run-in was the last good wwe match that comes to mind. kidman and london on SD last week was pretty good. i liked Hardy and Abyss but i'm a mark for thumbtacks.and i enjoy anything with aj styles. o yea, Snitsky rules!!!

Hardy and Abyss both suck, and I sincerely hope the Snitzky thing was a joke. Personally I think the Angle/Marty match was better than the HBK/Edge match, but I wouldn't have a problem with someone saying otherwise. All I know is I have seen Marty wrestle many times between his WWF stints and he has always done at the very least passable matches. To say he is green is ridiculous. It'd be like saying Flair is green just because he hasn't performed at a high calibre level in a long while.