Author Topic: Nas about beef with 50 cent  (Read 321 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nas about beef with 50 cent
« on: March 29, 2005, 02:41:14 AM »
www.worldwideconnected.com

Jadakiss and Fat Joe have responded to the challenges from America's top-selling artist of 2005, and Nas says he keeps being asked if he'll be next.

Hip-hop's most lyrical newlywed has been addressing 50 in British publications with comments like one that appeared in New Nation: "He's out there posing for cameras like the Incredible Hulk and sh-- ... It's sad for a lot of real guys." Rumors on the Internet of Nas threatening 50's career definitely haven't slowed the questions.

So is it going to happen? Asked during his U.K. tour last week (see "Shots Fired At U.K. Nas Show; No Injuries Reported"), Nas left a veil of mystery around whether or not he'll respond on wax.

"Of course, there are lot of people waiting for me to make this next record and go after 50," explained Nas, who says he's still in honeymoon mode (see "Nas And Kelis Tie The Knot") and is about to get his "grind" back on and record some new material. "If it's meant to be, it'll happen. I don't think it's really that deep. We all love hip-hop. It drives people crazy, 'Come on, come on! Respond with something! Respond!' You gotta chill and let us do our thing. People are gonna talk, the media is going be like 'Nas do this, do that.' At the end of the day, I'm the one that goes into the studio and lays it down. You gotta wait.

"To sum it all up, 50 is still a new artist," he continued. "I would say he's got a good five to six more albums before I can really respond to him. With my other battles, it was different. This is not really my thing right here. I would say he would needs about five to six more albums."

When asked about being called out in "Piggy Bank," the rap veteran didn't seemed too fired up. He simply charges it to the game.

"It's reality, being put in a big publicity stunt," he said. "My name being in stuff like that is not out of the norm — it's just hip-hop music. You have moments where you'll be like 'Ah, this is not cool. Then you have moments when you're like 'I think this is cool. It keeps people listening.' So either way, it's all good.

"Why is it always Nas that people wanna go after?" he considered. "I think something about me intrigues a lot of artists. I'm not so crazy with media. I'm not so out there. Still, I care just the same as somebody who tours all year, who has 50, 60 videos a year," he joked. "I care about my music and I care about the game just the same. I think people are just curious."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mtv.com

Elevz

Re: Nas about beef with 50 cent
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 02:57:31 AM »
Good read, props for posting.

So does that mean Nas doesn't have his mind made up yet? I'd love to see him fuck 50 up, but then again, Nas is way too big to get into something stupid like this little media attention beef.

'EclipZe

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 03:49:37 AM »
jep a good read, props. would be dope if nas made a nice disstrack towards 50

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 11:48:45 AM »
Good read, props for posting.

So does that mean Nas doesn't have his mind made up yet? I'd love to see him fuck 50 up, but then again, Nas is way too big to get into something stupid like this little media attention beef.

bez

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 11:53:41 AM »
Nas is smart as fuck.

Whenever the media talked about Piggybank it was always with a headline along the lines off - Piggybank that disses fellow New York rappers Fat Joe, Jadakiss and Nas!

Nas is smart enough to know that 50 dissed him to get media attention to his album and it worked.  Nas's was probably the worst diss on the song cos it dissed him and his wife.  But, Nas is smart enough to know that if hes gotta diss 50 back then he'll do it like 50 did and do it when his album is droppin.  Play 50 at his own game.

My 2 cents!

node

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 12:04:28 PM »
plus

we've heard ether before, shit was badass

if nas comes at 50, he'll go hard!

so it doesn't bother me none that nas hasnt responded, and i don't think any less of him, because i know in the end, nas will chew up 50 and spit his bitch ass back out

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 01:04:24 PM »
Nas is kinda soundin like a bitch here. unless nas responds a lot of people gonna be lookin at it like 50 won cos nas didnt respond. Possibly nas doesn't feel up to or want to make another diss record cos right now he is ragarded as the best lyricist so why would he make another diss record that may not be as hot as folk were expectin ( comparing it to ether) meaning rumours will start about how nas fell off.

[img]

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 10:18:13 PM »
props by the way 50 is an idiot for dissing Nas.  dissing Jada and Fat Joe is one thing but dissing Nas that was a whole other thing
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 12:20:39 AM »
NAs is smart he will probably only give 50 warning shots... till 50 makes a whole diss song or sum about him.. he aint stupid.  let me geuss what 50's next album is about : 50 demolishing joe jada and nas

---Hiphop Harted taking it back to where it Started---
2004s Number 1...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 02:03:27 PM »
why would nas wanna reply to someone who aint even in a class near his, unless he gets at nas real hard, nas aint frontin

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 04:45:46 PM »

kywhiteboy

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 08:17:09 PM »
Nas needs to torch him!

ColdManey

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 04:35:49 PM »
Nas is kinda soundin like a bitch here.

I dont think so. Like somebody else said, I think he's playin 50 at his own game.