Author Topic: Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles  (Read 148 times)

Skindiana bon3z

Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles
« on: April 04, 2005, 03:51:37 PM »
....LOL, there's a hat on sale at Dodger stadium that says "Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles"....poking fun at the name change of the Angels "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"  ;D

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
Re: Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 04:12:34 PM »
^^^haha that is creative...the angels are just a mickey mouse ballclub
I got a bird's eye view

ecrazy

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 04:15:03 PM »
^^Huh? If being a mickey mouse ballclub is being a ballclub that's won a world series in the past 4 years and on the verge of doin it again, well, call them a mickey mouse ballclub....Where are the dodgers going come october?? Playoffs? PLEASE!!! ANGELS BITCHES!!! They've Taken Over Orange County, Now Their On Their Way To Taking over LA, NEXT THE WORLD? Who knows!!....Maybe they should Be Called The WORLD ANGELS OF ANAHIEM BECAUSE THEY ARE TAKING OVER!!!!!!

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 04:23:29 PM »
^Not really....you can't really predict what's going to happen with the Dodgers in October.....They aren't the Lakers, it's not like the lost a shaq and didn't add anything good, they got Drew who had a pretty good year last year and is only going to get better....oh ya, and it's kinda hard to take over L.A. when you play 2 hours away in Anaheim  ::)

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 06:00:30 PM »
they lost Beltre.....fuck
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2005, 06:08:44 PM »
yeah, they didn't win in the playoffs with him.....and he only provided one rbi in 4 playoff games.....Drew and Kent are more clutch in those situations

ecrazy

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2005, 06:14:22 PM »
Another Thing people seem to forget, The Angels Were LA's TEAM FIRST!!! THEY PLAYED At Wrigley Field In LA, In A second Rate Baseball League called the pacific league and were bought out by Gene Autry and began play in the american league! This Was In the 1940's til they were bought out by gene autry in 1961, 3 years after the dodgers moved to los angeles. They spend 5 years in LA after they were bought, untill they moved to Anahiem....

So You See, THE ANGELS WERE LA's FIRST BASEBALL TEAM!!! THEY DESERVE THE RIGHT TO NAME THEMSELVES THE LOS ANGELES ANGELS, THEY WERE THERE FIRST!!!!!!

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 11:25:56 PM »
^^he has a point with that, i just dont like either team from L.A....we can do all the trash talking we want now but theres a good chance 1 of the teams will do significantly better than the other, letting only 1 set of fans to get the last laugh
I got a bird's eye view

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2005, 12:04:12 AM »
THEY BOTH WEAK.

SAN FRANCISCO MUTHAFUCIN GIANTS BITCH !

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2005, 12:22:51 AM »
i acctually like both teams but i do agree with angels being an LA team shit its in their name......Los Angeles "Angeles" in spanish....anyway relax with the 2 hours away shit from LA you must be trippin its one hour tops the most 1 and half with traffic but you can make it from LA to Anaheim in about 30 minutes.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 12:52:23 PM »
^in that case, translated it would be...."The Angels Angels"  :-\

oh.....and they play in a town called "Anaheim".....not "Los Angeles"....I dont care if it's 15 minutes away....I could see if they played in The LA County.....but they don't.....They're in ORANGE COUNTY

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 05:54:11 PM »

oh.....and they play in a town called "Anaheim".....not "Los Angeles"....I dont care if it's 15 minutes away....I could see if they played in The LA County.....but they don't.....They're in ORANGE COUNTY

This is the bottom line. The Angels swept the Dodgers in the Freeway Series, their owner is better than the Dodgers owner and the Angels are basically taking over the Dodgers market. Around Dodger stadium are Angel billboards, and the Angels are actually FAVORITE to win their division and challenge the Yankees and Red Soz this year. Granted, history with the Angels and Red Sox is not good, but the Angels have been known to destroy history lately.

The marketing of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is pure genious. I mean, who gets mad? The Dodgers, who gets issulted, Dodger fans, who gets swept in the pre-season the Dodgers. The Angeles have actually won a World Series lately, and have a team that can get them far. This is starting a true rivalry, as before the Angels were seen as the little brother of the Dodgers. Now the Angels are seen as a team that can contend with the Dodgers and challenge them for the LA market. Arturo is genious, and it's the Dodger fans that get pissed off. No one is ever going confuse the Angels with LA culture, I mean I think of LA I think of going to Dodger stadium, which is right there in the heart of LA. Angel Stadium is out in Orange County, and I think of the Angels as a suburb team. But, I do think the Angels are being real smart when it comes to marketing themselves to challenge the Dodgers. If you can't get people to like you, get them to hate you and you'll sell just as much.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2005, 03:34:30 AM »
damnit,football season needs to start earlier..........fuckin baseball :tosser:

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 01:01:02 PM »

This is the bottom line. The Angels swept the Dodgers in the Freeway Series, their owner is better than the Dodgers owner and the Angels are basically taking over the Dodgers market. Around Dodger stadium are Angel billboards, and the Angels are actually FAVORITE to win their division and challenge the Yankees and Red Soz this year. Granted, history with the Angels and Red Sox is not good, but the Angels have been known to destroy history lately.

The marketing of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is pure genious. I mean, who gets mad? The Dodgers, who gets issulted, Dodger fans, who gets swept in the pre-season the Dodgers. The Angeles have actually won a World Series lately, and have a team that can get them far. This is starting a true rivalry, as before the Angels were seen as the little brother of the Dodgers. Now the Angels are seen as a team that can contend with the Dodgers and challenge them for the LA market. Arturo is genious, and it's the Dodger fans that get pissed off. No one is ever going confuse the Angels with LA culture, I mean I think of LA I think of going to Dodger stadium, which is right there in the heart of LA. Angel Stadium is out in Orange County, and I think of the Angels as a suburb team. But, I do think the Angels are being real smart when it comes to marketing themselves to challenge the Dodgers. If you can't get people to like you, get them to hate you and you'll sell just as much.

ok yeah, I see what you're saying.....but come on....it was pre-season baseball....how can you take it seriously?  you have minor leaguers on the field making errors.....if you noticed.....the Dodgers had a lead in all the games but when they put in triple A players.....they just fuck everything up....wait a week or 2 and see.....the Dodgers will have one of the better records in the league