Author Topic: Why hasnt Sly Boogy dropped yet?  (Read 297 times)

GangstaBoogy

Why hasnt Sly Boogy dropped yet?
« on: April 08, 2005, 01:48:39 PM »
I dont get this shiet

"California" got crazy feedback over the internet. I heard the "California Remix" (with Kurupt, Mack 10, Jayo, 2Pac, E40, etc) on the radio a few times (and its rare a West Coast artist gets any play).

"Thats My Name" was gettin just as much play as all 50 Cent, Chingy, Nelly, etc records. And EVERYBODY knew that song & loved it.

This new song "Its Nuthin" is blowin up too. Everytime we go out I hear that song atleast once.

So why isnt J-Records putting more promotion behind him & trying to drop his record? I hope this doesnt turn into a Knoc-turn'al situation: hot singles from no record.

Btw: his song "If You Got Crew" featuring Jagged Edge is gonna be big WATCH
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why hasnt Sly Boogy dropped yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 01:49:57 PM »
he has a stupid name

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
he has a stupid name

lol

Yea, it's just how the music industry is.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 02:03:40 PM »
he has a stupid name

You mean more stupid than Diddy, Chingy, Ying Yang Twinz, and F-A-B-O-L-O-U-S? Impossible.

SGV

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 02:04:52 PM »
California was a horrible choice for a buzz single. Sorry, they dropped it at the WRONG time. California is barely becoming cool again... That'z My Name had a video that would not appeal to those outside of Cali. It'z Nuthin is only getting spins out here, I doubt its even serviced to NY. J-Records NEEDS to shoot a video for the song with Jagged Edge and RELEASE it hard. Thats the ONLY way his album will see the light of day.

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 02:06:29 PM »
I normally don't agree with a lot of what you say babyg, but this time You're 100% correct...

Sly is dope as hell. I can't wait for his album

I don't know why he isn't getting more push... It'z nuthin has the potential to be just as big as a lean back or any other scott storch produced single... it just seems like J records isn't putting the push behind him that he needs. He wasn't even on the J records website last time I checked...

Didn't he also have a track on need for speed underground 2 as well?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 02:08:58 PM by Woodrow »

ColdManey

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 02:12:06 PM »
That'z My Name had a video that would not appeal to those outside of Cali.

Hell, most NY videos dont appeal to nobody outside of the east other than the bitches but they still get major rotation. J Records is just actin like hoes not wantin to take a chance on some real West Coast shit. Not that game bullshit. Its real fucked off how we cant have a West Coast artist that sounds like a West Coast artist get the right promo. All we get is two bullshit ny sound a lilkes? Give us a fuckin break for real.

SGV

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 02:22:07 PM »
^^Difference, NY is in right now.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 02:32:01 PM »
California was a horrible choice for a buzz single. Sorry, they dropped it at the WRONG time. California is barely becoming cool again... That'z My Name had a video that would not appeal to those outside of Cali. It'z Nuthin is only getting spins out here, I doubt its even serviced to NY. J-Records NEEDS to shoot a video for the song with Jagged Edge and RELEASE it hard. Thats the ONLY way his album will see the light of day.

That'z My Name's video was great. It was creative and to the point. And the song was in constant rotation here in MPLS when he came here on tour. I still hear it every now and then, and I only hear the radio when I'm at work.

There is no question It'z Nuthin wasn't sent to any station in NY. If you aren't top 40 or you don't live in NY, they aren't playing your shit. Doing a video for the song with JE would probably help his numbers, and it will probably happen before the CD drops, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with his other singles. They all bump, he spits fire, and the radio still doesn't give him the airplay he deserves. Nothing he can do about that except for selling out.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 02:32:40 PM »

NY fell off a couple years ago. They are only getting spins cause they are where they need to be.

SGV

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 02:45:32 PM »
California is good for California. Thatz My Name and Itz Nuthin COULDVE done something with the right promo (Lowriders and a West Coast backdrop in early 2004 weren't appealing).

NY dictates whats hot and whats not. Face the facts. They're hotter than Cali is right now.

ColdManey

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 02:53:24 PM »

Where besides the east is NY in? Not out here in Northern Califoolya, I know that much.

SGV

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 03:03:53 PM »
Everywhere else...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 03:42:06 PM »
naw the video for "Thats My Name" was stupid. it was a club song so maybe he should've been in...a club? but the "Its Nuthin" video should be hella West Coast. Cali is hot right now and Sly Boogy got the whole coast behind him.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SGV

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 03:47:17 PM »
Remix it with Game and shoot a video.