Author Topic: Stat Quo speaks on his new album, working w/ Dre and Em etc........  (Read 148 times)

Omar Sharif

• Lil Geezy

www.wordofsouth.com

WOS: What's going on with you Stat?

Stat Quo: I'm chilln' man. How you doing dog?

WOS: Man I'm tired I been driving all day and night. I appreciate you showing my site love on the radio down in Orlando.

Stat Quo: Fa sho'. I just had to plug your site man.

WOS: For those not familiar with you. Give us a brief run down of your background, where you're from, and all of that.

Stat Quo: I was born in Atlanta, Georgia, Grady hospital zone 3. I've lived in Atlanta my whole life and I went to college at the University of Florida. Graduated from school and came back to the A, met Scarface through India Frendrick and G. Wallace, and started working up under that whole situation at Def Jam South- doing and turning in demos, trying to get on, labels telling me the bullshit. So I went from there, and with my business partner Zeek, put together a mix tape called "Underground Atlanta Vol. 1." We handed those out in the streets and built that buzz up and that's how that went down.

WOS: I read that you were about to go off to law school right before Scarface hollered at you. Tell me about that story.

Stat Quo: Basically, when I met him dog, he say that this is something I need to be doing. It was all the motivation that I needed to take this thing to a whole 'nother level. Straight up, I'm gonna go on record and say it. He's the greatest to do it man. Period. All the way around. The best, most slept on rapper of all time man.

WOS: Who are some influences to your sound?

Stat Quo: Scarface, Andre 3000, the whole Outkast movement, Organized Noise, Goodie Mob, Cee Lo, artists that came out back in the day. You got NWA, of course Dr. Dre and Eminem, they are all influences on me.

WOS: How did you hook up with Dr. Dre's Aftermath?

The rest can be read here...
http://wordofsouth.com/features.htm