Author Topic: WHAT IT TAKE TO BE AN ELITE EMCEE  (Read 47 times)

hellafide

• Lil Geezy
WHAT IT TAKE TO BE AN ELITE EMCEE
« on: April 24, 2005, 12:54:56 AM »
What it takes to be an elite emcee
1. Vocabulary (JAY-Z, NAS ,EM)
It helps you with song writing, hooks and most definitely free styling and lyrical content.
If you have a limited vocabulary you will be limited lyrical.Notice that the three examples i gave are older men with large vocabs.

2. Delivery (SNOOP, JADA KISS, T.I., ICE CUBE, EM) at times (lose yourself for example)
Delivery can make or break you quick SNOOP is very limited lyrically but the way he says it what that cool matter of fact style gets him over.T.I. is a better lyricist than most but his delivery sets him apart for the average emcee.

3.Flows (LUDACHRIS, JAY-Z  )
The ability to change up the way you rhyme can also set you apart LUDA and JAY-Z have so many different flows it seems as if every beat they rhyme on was made for them. unlike Jada he has a super delivery but sounds the same on every song.

4. Charisma (SNOOP 50CENT JAY-Z )
If fans don't feel you they can gave a damn about what you are saying ras kass is a super emcee but people really don't feel him thus they don't buy his music.Unlike SNOOP and JAY
 they give off the impression that they are the coolest people in the room and they are received that way.

PLEASE give me feed back on this post on if you agree and also if you have other attributes.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: WHAT IT TAKE TO BE AN ELITE EMCEE
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 02:15:33 AM »
very large rims