Author Topic: Barca want Henry & Baptista  (Read 130 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Barca want Henry & Baptista
« on: May 11, 2005, 10:23:24 AM »

Spanish daily Marca are reporting that Thierry Henry and Julio Baptista are Barcelona’s major transfer targets for the summer.
President Joan Laporta favours a move for the Frenchman, who he admires greatly as a player, while director Txiki Begiristain prefers Baptista, who has been a revelation since joining Sevilla almost two years ago.

With the free transfer signings of Marc van Bommel and Santiago Ezquerro apparently all but done, Barca would have money in the bank for one of these two megastars.

Arsenal would no doubt be unwilling to let Henry leave, but a large bid for Baptista would surely convince Sevilla to sell.

Zaragoza’s Gabriel Milito remains a target for the centre of the defence.

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Barca want Henry & Baptista
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 10:32:50 AM »
Think that Baptista is the more likely out of the 2 players as Henry has said that he won't be moving:

HENRY RULES OUT SUMMER DEPARTURE

Arsenal striker Thierry Henry admits it has been a difficult season for his club but insists he is happy and has no intention of moving in the summer.

The Frenchman believes Arsenal's problems began following their defeat to Manchester United, which ended their 49-game unbeaten run.

"The question of records is very popular in England," said Henry in Spanish paper Marca.

Henry has ruled out joining Real Madrid or another big side on the continent to improve his chances of lifting further silverware.

"I am happy here. Madrid, Barca, Milan and Juventus were teams I dreamed about when I was young, but now it's a different story and I am happy in London," he concluded.

I believe though that if Arsenal are given a big enough offer & they accept Henry shall move, Milto is a good player & would do a good job

The Predator

Re: Barca want Henry & Baptista
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 10:40:43 AM »
I very much doubt Henry will move hes well settled in England his grumbling about the depth of the Arsenal squad has payed off as the board is releasing some nice funds for Wenger to spend. i heard Arsenal rejected the 8 mill from R madrid for Reyes they might very well offer him to Barcelona for a hefty sum but i dont think reyes holds that much clout out in spain.