Author Topic: check out this street fighter fight.  (Read 340 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: check out this street fighter fight.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 11:52:56 AM »
but for real, street fighter is a fucking classic, best game ever made, Alpha 2 is my favourite.

???

it's prob in the top 10 but best game ever?  its ain't better than sonic the hedgehog  8)
NO MORE WAR

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 11:56:44 AM »
Okay, you guys who think this is a geekfest are bloody stupid and obviously know nothing about the game itself.

That video is taken from a professional beat'em up computer game competition held annually in america.

This video is FAMOUS because he is NOT, let me repeat NOT blocking. He is parrying.

Parrying: Perform a dodge move by pushing the direction button towards the opponent at the exact moment of opponent attack. This absorbs the attack, without you losing health (unlike a block which you lose small amounts of health per attack you block), it also pauses time for a couple milliseconds allowing you to counter attack.

So if you've ever played any streetfighter games, or any 2d scrolling beat'em up games, imagine rather than blocking, you can try to tap forward JUST as the opponent's attack reaches your body.

If you dont time this right, you'll obviously get a punch in the face and lose health, if its successful, than time briefly freezes, creating a window where you can make a counter attack.

In the video above, its a 1 round a piece tie. Ken (Daigo) has hardly any health, so Chun Li (the other player) decides to use a super on his opponent, thinking that he can only block (but blocking causes a player to lose health). If Ken had blocked the super, he would have died. His only other option is to parry. But to parry a super is bloody hard, the attacks are so fast and to get that timing right is just crazy.

So guys.....i hope even though you dont like the game, you can accept the fact that there is  lots of skill in this game, and its not as simple as it looks.

Nerd.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 12:05:26 PM »
^So everyone who plays games & becomes good at it is a nerd??? ::) Ahh,yeah,sure.Anyways,all I can say is that was unbelievable.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2005, 12:14:35 PM »
Okay, you guys who think this is a geekfest are bloody stupid and obviously know nothing about the game itself.

That video is taken from a professional beat'em up computer game competition held annually in america.

This video is FAMOUS because he is NOT, let me repeat NOT blocking. He is parrying.

Parrying: Perform a dodge move by pushing the direction button towards the opponent at the exact moment of opponent attack. This absorbs the attack, without you losing health (unlike a block which you lose small amounts of health per attack you block), it also pauses time for a couple milliseconds allowing you to counter attack.

So if you've ever played any streetfighter games, or any 2d scrolling beat'em up games, imagine rather than blocking, you can try to tap forward JUST as the opponent's attack reaches your body.

If you dont time this right, you'll obviously get a punch in the face and lose health, if its successful, than time briefly freezes, creating a window where you can make a counter attack.

In the video above, its a 1 round a piece tie. Ken (Daigo) has hardly any health, so Chun Li (the other player) decides to use a super on his opponent, thinking that he can only block (but blocking causes a player to lose health). If Ken had blocked the super, he would have died. His only other option is to parry. But to parry a super is bloody hard, the attacks are so fast and to get that timing right is just crazy.

So guys.....i hope even though you dont like the game, you can accept the fact that there is  lots of skill in this game, and its not as simple as it looks.

im guessing you were present at the event?

Sikotic™

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2005, 12:48:54 PM »
Playing the game doesnt make you a nerd. The fact that there was a crowd watching them is what is kinda odd.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

rafsta

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2005, 01:01:51 PM »
SHIT i just watched that video, that was a fuckin awesome fight... that shit was off the fuckin hook man, i love street fighter.

rafsta

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2005, 01:04:08 PM »
Playing the game doesnt make you a nerd. The fact that there was a crowd watching them is what is kinda odd.

you dont understand the stakes in Street fighter, its one of the only games which is also a spectator sport... it's the closest thing to fighting man, whenever me and my mates had an argument on an issue we let Alpha 2 solve our woes...

the longest i played alpha 2 was 25 hours strait, when i got up my legs almost caved in on me, i felt like i was in the game by the end of it, kinda a out of body experience  :-\

We Fly High

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2005, 01:07:41 PM »
25 hours straight.. haha wtf.

anyways that was one of the funniest shits i ever seen in my life, when they started to pan out to the crowd i laughged so fucking hard. they said it was moment #37 too, i wonder what #1 was...  straight up nerd fest up in there.

rafsta

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2005, 01:11:49 PM »
25 hours straight.. haha wtf.

anyways that was one of the funniest shits i ever seen in my life, when they started to pan out to the crowd i laughged so fucking hard. they said it was moment #37 too, i wonder what #1 was...  straight up nerd fest up in there.

yeh man, against one friend, by the end of it we knew eachothers moves so well that almost every move was a counter...

rafsta

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2005, 01:13:08 PM »

Nerd.

playing counter strike is nerd, playing those warcraft style games is nerd... Street Fighter gangsta.

We Fly High

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2005, 02:35:43 PM »

Nerd.

playing counter strike is nerd, playing those warcraft style games is nerd... Street Fighter gangsta.

actually ur right. haha. fuck the computer games. i'll play street fighter 25 hours straight before i play a minute of counterstrike.

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2005, 05:28:43 PM »
I mean..playing games professionally is big business now..

CPL (cyber athlete profession league) is a pro league for gamers, CS, quake 3 all sorts of games.

Prizes of up to $20 000 winnings...

Kids are paid to travel the world, in Korea, pro star craft games are so popular they are televised live on TV.

WCG (World Cyber Games) is held everywhere and winners have their expenses all paid to compete annually in which ever country they are running it in..

Its big time for games...games are commentated on-line shoutcast everything!
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2005, 06:07:36 PM »
^^^yea thats true

I saw a documentry about this kid who would go around playing UNreal Tournement, he was actually sponsered, people would pay to play him. His sponsers said he wasn't allowed to die ONCE....this kid practised like 8 hours a day
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2005, 07:32:38 PM »
That is carazy

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2005, 10:58:26 PM »
It is man, but i guess people are seeing that games are played world wide now, and its big business and its really competitive out there, people spend so much time playing it, why not have competition etc.

I know if they showed world class counter strike competition on TV i'd prolly watch it...

They rekon it will be on ESPN one day..
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"