Author Topic: check out this street fighter fight.  (Read 338 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
check out this street fighter fight.
« on: May 12, 2005, 12:37:09 PM »
http://media.shoryuken.com/srk-daigo.zip

never got into that game but when he does all those blocks the crowds reaction is something comparable to a team winning a championship game.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: check out this street fighter fight.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 12:48:42 PM »
what a geek fest
NO MORE WAR

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 01:00:26 PM »
^ yeh i didnt even kno shit like that existed. but concentrating on the fight i thought it was pretty cool how he blocked all that shit and came back and won with that little amount of life he had remaining. i was never good at marvel vs capcom.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 01:04:44 PM »
yeh i think they were jerking off over the fact he predicted and blocked every attack in the combo then layed the bitch out....
NO MORE WAR

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 06:43:07 PM »
wow..crazy
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Acgrundy

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 07:36:25 PM »
man, who is that girl in your sig?  she is so damn hot!

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 08:09:37 PM »
without the image, you would think u were listening to  some streetbal being played that had a guy steal the ball and then dunk on the tallest guy from the opposing team to win the gamel lol

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 09:21:35 PM »

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 02:02:12 AM »
Okay, you guys who think this is a geekfest are bloody stupid and obviously know nothing about the game itself.

That video is taken from a professional beat'em up computer game competition held annually in america.

This video is FAMOUS because he is NOT, let me repeat NOT blocking. He is parrying.

Parrying: Perform a dodge move by pushing the direction button towards the opponent at the exact moment of opponent attack. This absorbs the attack, without you losing health (unlike a block which you lose small amounts of health per attack you block), it also pauses time for a couple milliseconds allowing you to counter attack.

So if you've ever played any streetfighter games, or any 2d scrolling beat'em up games, imagine rather than blocking, you can try to tap forward JUST as the opponent's attack reaches your body.

If you dont time this right, you'll obviously get a punch in the face and lose health, if its successful, than time briefly freezes, creating a window where you can make a counter attack.

In the video above, its a 1 round a piece tie. Ken (Daigo) has hardly any health, so Chun Li (the other player) decides to use a super on his opponent, thinking that he can only block (but blocking causes a player to lose health). If Ken had blocked the super, he would have died. His only other option is to parry. But to parry a super is bloody hard, the attacks are so fast and to get that timing right is just crazy.

So guys.....i hope even though you dont like the game, you can accept the fact that there is  lots of skill in this game, and its not as simple as it looks.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 05:54:25 AM »
easy tiger....it was a joke
NO MORE WAR

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 05:56:50 AM »
man, who is that girl in your sig?  she is so damn hot!

cheryl tweedy of girls aloud
NO MORE WAR

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 11:12:45 AM »
Okay, you guys who think this is a geekfest are bloody stupid and obviously know nothing about the game itself.

That video is taken from a professional beat'em up computer game competition held annually in america.

This video is FAMOUS because he is NOT, let me repeat NOT blocking. He is parrying.

Parrying: Perform a dodge move by pushing the direction button towards the opponent at the exact moment of opponent attack. This absorbs the attack, without you losing health (unlike a block which you lose small amounts of health per attack you block), it also pauses time for a couple milliseconds allowing you to counter attack.

So if you've ever played any streetfighter games, or any 2d scrolling beat'em up games, imagine rather than blocking, you can try to tap forward JUST as the opponent's attack reaches your body.

If you dont time this right, you'll obviously get a punch in the face and lose health, if its successful, than time briefly freezes, creating a window where you can make a counter attack.

In the video above, its a 1 round a piece tie. Ken (Daigo) has hardly any health, so Chun Li (the other player) decides to use a super on his opponent, thinking that he can only block (but blocking causes a player to lose health). If Ken had blocked the super, he would have died. His only other option is to parry. But to parry a super is bloody hard, the attacks are so fast and to get that timing right is just crazy.

So guys.....i hope even though you dont like the game, you can accept the fact that there is  lots of skill in this game, and its not as simple as it looks.

woah
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 11:16:12 AM »
I've seen that before. The crowd reaction was hilarious. I bet that shit was life changing for them.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2005, 11:39:44 AM »
I've seen that before. The crowd reaction was hilarious. I bet that shit was life changing for them.

lol
NO MORE WAR

rafsta

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2005, 11:46:31 AM »

teach me the way master !!

but for real, street fighter is a fucking classic, best game ever made, Alpha 2 is my favourite.