Author Topic: why are women in Islam to wear veils ?  (Read 1992 times)

rafsta

why are women in Islam to wear veils ?
« on: May 16, 2005, 09:10:52 AM »
why do they have to wear those big clothes all the time ? i was told in Egypt they bust hella fassion under the clothes but its only to wear at home... and i know the ones that wear black had a death in the family, therefor they wear black for the rest of their lives... is this the norm in Muslim religion ? is it taught in the Qur'an ?

and why do some of em only have their eyes poking out ? is it coz the men feel insecure ?

rafsta

Re: why are women in Islam to wear veils ?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 09:11:59 AM »
infinite, im curious of your stance on muslim womens dress code, seeing as you grew up in a westernised world...

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 09:12:48 AM »
i believe its not a rule set by islam.. just a rule set by certain factions and under certain regimes...

rafsta

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 09:16:51 AM »
oh i see... so it isn't really the religion thats fucked up, its some of the people ?

coz everywhere i went in Egypt 98% of the women didnt wear (by our standards) normal clothes... on t.v when i see pics of middle east 98% of the women didnt wear normal clothes like the men...

plus i remember when we were askin the arab dude in more detail about it, he ended up makin a joke sayin the black veil is good coz it attracts heat, makes a bitch sweat and lose weight  :-\

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 09:38:39 AM »
oh i see... so it isn't really the religion thats fucked up, its some of the people ?

yes as is the case with many religions.. everything is open to interpretation.. thats why various factions form.. if groups take important issues other ways..

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2005, 10:50:32 AM »
i think its because of the strict Taliban Rules

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 10:57:42 AM »
why is it that when u see a Nunn dressed the way she does....she's devoted herself to God... but when you see a Muslim women dressed up the same......she's "oppressed" ???

ahh but you see.. the difference is 'choice' ;)

rafsta

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 11:28:01 AM »
^^^ freedom !!!!

but some women in Islam do prefer to wear a veil, but alot of them have no choice...

Mr. Makaveli, why dont the men devote themselves to God as much as the women then ? do the women owe more to Allah ?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 05:59:08 PM »
why do they have to wear those big clothes all the time ? i was told in Egypt they bust hella fassion under the clothes but its only to wear at home... and i know the ones that wear black had a death in the family, therefor they wear black for the rest of their lives... is this the norm in Muslim religion ? is it taught in the Qur'an ?

and why do some of em only have their eyes poking out ? is it coz the men feel insecure ?

In Western society, man's natural inclination towards sex has been mass marketed for profit and severely manipulated.  In Western culture, you find women putting makeup on, getting all dressed up and sexy to go out in public to attract attention, and then when they get home around their husband they dress down and throw on some jogging pants and a t-shirt--This is backwards! 

However, in Islamic culture, one who is living in a natural state (fitrah), does not view sex as an end in itself, but rather a means to an end.  Yes, men have a natural inclination towards sex.  Yet in Islam, sex is used for the purpose of bringing closeness, intimacy, and safety into a relationship between husband and wife and for the purpose of bring about righteous children.

A women has two choices.  She can exploit a man's natural inclination towards sex, by bringing about temptation and creating distraction in a man's heart, and diverting him from his duties to his Lord, his wife, his family, etc.   Or a woman can protect a man's dignity and virtue by dressing in a decent and appropriate manner, and only displaying her beauty to those within her own family. 

And it's not just dress.  It is modesty in behaivor.  It is not enough for the Muslim to just dress appropriately, it is also modesty in behaivor, and it is a virtue to be shy when encountering the opposite sex.

.......btw, Muslim women wearing black has nothing to do with a death in the family.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 06:02:38 PM by The Imam »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2005, 06:02:51 PM »
LMAO!!!!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2005, 09:03:58 PM »
LMAO!!!!

Is there any decency in you?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2005, 09:18:50 PM »
Is there any decency in you?

More than you.

J Bananas

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2005, 09:43:34 PM »
In middle eastern countries the women wear those black costumes because they pretend to be ghosts as a sign of respect to their deceased elders. They are then showered with candy in public as a treat for showing respect. It has nothing to do with sex or some kooky muslim rules, you guys need to lighten up and realize if anyone knows how to have a good time, its muslim people!

rafsta

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2005, 01:46:12 AM »

In Western society, man's natural inclination towards sex has been mass marketed for profit and severely manipulated.  In Western culture, you find women putting makeup on, getting all dressed up and sexy to go out in public to attract attention, and then when they get home around their husband they dress down and throw on some jogging pants and a t-shirt--This is backwards! 

However, in Islamic culture, one who is living in a natural state (fitrah), does not view sex as an end in itself, but rather a means to an end.  Yes, men have a natural inclination towards sex.  Yet in Islam, sex is used for the purpose of bringing closeness, intimacy, and safety into a relationship between husband and wife and for the purpose of bring about righteous children.

A women has two choices.  She can exploit a man's natural inclination towards sex, by bringing about temptation and creating distraction in a man's heart, and diverting him from his duties to his Lord, his wife, his family, etc.   Or a woman can protect a man's dignity and virtue by dressing in a decent and appropriate manner, and only displaying her beauty to those within her own family. 

And it's not just dress.  It is modesty in behaivor.  It is not enough for the Muslim to just dress appropriately, it is also modesty in behaivor, and it is a virtue to be shy when encountering the opposite sex.

.......btw, Muslim women wearing black has nothing to do with a death in the family.

i was told first hand by an arab if there is a death in the immediate family they wear black for the rest of their lives. so i know this for a fact.

i dont agree with the U.S/England/Australian dress code for women, i dont agree with girls letting their tits and ass hang... my girlfirend is French and she dresses with style, she wears modest clothing, like 98% of French girls.

in christian religion sex is meant for intimacy and closeness etc. aswell.

rafsta

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2005, 01:47:05 AM »
^^ but at the same time i dont agree with women having no choice but to wear veils in muslim society.

it's one extreme to the next.