Author Topic: 50 close to signing both Mobb Deep and M.O.P.  (Read 453 times)

ABN

50 close to signing both Mobb Deep and M.O.P.
« on: May 23, 2005, 01:22:49 PM »
here´s an article from MTV, can´t say i´m to pleased about this coz i don´t wanna hear 50 sing no damn hooks on an M.O.P. or Mobb Deep record.

NEW YORK — While Mobb Deep and M.O.P. are both widely regarded as two of hip-hop's most consistently excellent groups, neither has been burning up the sales charts. But watch out, critics say, because once these guys get the right label

Both acts, now free agents, may be getting their best shot at breaking big by signing with 50 Cent and G-Unit Records. On Saturday in Brooklyn, where 50 was directing — yes, directing — singer Olivia's new video for "Twist It," he told MTV News that pretty soon O may lose the distinction of being the newest addition to his label.

He said he's "very close" to signing both M.O.P. and Mobb Deep. "I'm ready to expand and do other things," he explained. "Creatively, there are certain artists out there I respect. I've been listening to their music for a long time. I wanna work with them. I want to put be able to put my full effort into it, but I can't work for it unless it's in both of our best interests, and that's with them being signed to G-Unit as a record company. It'll be serious. We've got a chance to go do some exciting things."

Mobb Deep's Havoc agreed.

"We've been talking to 50 for a minute, maybe a month," he said. "Initially we were gonna sign to Interscope. After a while we saw it best [to sign] with 50 because of the style of music [we do]. We sat down with 50 and he let us know what he could do for us. We're satisfied with the move. I don't know how other people are gonna feel about the move. It's probably gonna be a lot of hate in people's blood, but we don't give a f---. We're gonna continue making our music. I feel we have a bigger platform. I can't wait. The adrenaline is pumping. I just wanna get it started."

Earlier this month, Laze E. Laze, who helps to guide the career of M.O.P., confirmed his guys are also in talks with 50 but did not elaborate on how those talks were going.

One of the most appealing elements about the Mobb and the Mash Out Posse is that both duos — especially the Mobb — have been heating up the mixtape circuit with an abundance of records.

"The material I've been hearing from both of those ends lately, it's dead right," 50 said. "It's exactly where it needs to be right now. I know I can put them in a good position where they could become priority."

50 reiterated that neither group is officially signed, but if he does woo them in time, he may bring one or both on tour with him on Anger Management 3 (see "Eminem, 50, Lil Jon, G-Unit, D12 Team Up For Anger Management 3 Tour This Summer").

Of course, the Mobb's close affiliate Alchemist has already been tapped to join the tour as Eminem's DJ (see "Eminem Hires Alchemist To Replace DJ Green Lantern"). Al replaced Green Lantern, who said he resigned from the Shady family in the wake of his appearance on the street DVD "The Come Up, Vol. 5," where he was taped having a phone conversation with Jadakiss about the 50/ Jada battle.

50 said the story Green has been telling the public is not accurate. According to the G-Unit general, Green did not quit.

"Green Lantern was fired," Fif scoffed. "He said something he wasn't supposed to say. I never did anything [to him], I'm always supportive of everything in our circle. When I say 'our,' I mean me, Em and Dre. To have him say [what he said on the DVD], it just was a bad decision. Having him say things about me, it's not just saying it about me, it's saying it about the entire thing — everything we do together."

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: 50 close to signing both Mobb Deep and M.O.P.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 01:29:48 PM »
Like I already said,it would be great if they signed to a major but Im not eager to hear both rap groups makin music on G-Unit Records.I can only imagine how their music would sound like :P

ABN

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 01:32:36 PM »
if 50 would allow them do to what ever the fuck they wanted to do musically then i would be all for it coz these groups deserves to sell a whole lof of records(even tho Mobb Deep got a platinum album). but knowing how 50 works i´m pretty sure he would have them doin commercial joints i mean can you imagine M.O.P. runnin around and dancing makin love songs and shit? lmao it sounds fuckin retarded.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 01:38:53 PM »
Young Buck somehow made it without makin any love songs on his debut,so Im sure M.O.P. can avoid doing those type of songs.But just like you said,if they would be allowed to do what they want then yes,thats great.Same music,more money for M.O.P. & Mobb Deep.But Im still worried about the production for both groups & the fact that 50 is not only gonna be on their singles,but also half of their albums.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 01:40:33 PM by Masta T »

ABN

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 01:43:11 PM »
yea your right about Buck but the only reason why he didn´t have to do those love joints is coz he got a lot of charisma and what not and when you got that you really don´t need to make songs for the bitches to sell. now Mobb Deep and M.O.P. don´t really have any charisma or commercial appeal at all so i think they had to go with those commercial songs to please Jimmy. BTW why would Mobb Deep even wanna sign with G-Unit after this line "coz i´ll do your little ass like Jay did Mobb Deep"?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 01:53:18 PM »
I think there's a huge possibility that atleast one of those groups is gonna get dropped,more likely M.O.P. I mean if Rakim got dropped when he was signed to Dre I cant see how M.O.P. or Mobb Deep can stay while workin wit 50.But I cant really comment on their whole situation.I mean its really hard to tell.I just hope both sides (we the fans & them the artists) are gonna be both happy after the whole outcome.As for that line,I guess Mobb Deep didnt hear of Piggybank lol

ABN

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 01:57:31 PM »
well i do think Mobb Deep got bigger commercial appeal and they could prolly move a few units but M.O.P. on the other hand is different story coz they look like bums and it would be hard to market them. they certainly couldn´t go with the Yayo marketing route(answering every question with "i don´t care coz i´m rich".

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 02:10:43 PM »
Yeah I do agree wit you about Mobb Deep having a bigger commercial apeal but I can see M.O.P. releasing a duplicate of Cold As Ice as their first single,which means some radio play.Even when on G-Unit & (kind of succesful) singles both Mobb Deep & M.O.P. wont be remembered for long,I mean,can you imagine all these kids watchin MTV bumping these dudes albums as much as the other G-Unit members solo's???

ABN

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2005, 02:14:40 PM »
lmao hell naw their parents would prolly shit their parents when they hearin M.O.P. makin robbin anthems and shit like that. and Prodigy and Hav talkin bout stabbin peeps brains with their nosebones and shit. and they would prolly hide in their closets if Billy Danze would come out on TRL with his no teeth havin ass talkin bout "sticking niggaz up and tieing their grandparents up and pistol whipping them". lmao.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2005, 02:18:12 PM »
lol

Elevz

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005, 02:18:31 PM »
Havoc claiming them and 50 are doing a similar style of music? They mean they both do rap songs? Because imo that's about where the similarities end... It would be good to see both M.O.P and Mobb Deep signed to a major label, but please... Not G-Unit... G-Unit is too much of a defined brand: songs with 50 singing the hook, phony pop beats on the singles... Yes, Young Buck may have been an exception to this rule, but there's nothing that tells us this is going to be different. I just don't think I'll enjoy a Mobb Deep or a M.O.P album on G-Unit

Deeez Nuuuts

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2005, 02:50:12 PM »
Mobb Deep fell off anyway. Their rhymes are weak now.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2005, 03:09:21 PM »
jome must be about to nut
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2005, 03:21:25 PM »
i dont wanna hear mobb deep and m.o.p shouting : ggggggg unit   :-X

TobyTizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2005, 06:08:05 PM »
jome must be about to nut

lmao  ;D