Author Topic: ATG coming soon.......(again)  (Read 555 times)

xover

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm a llama!
ATG coming soon.......(again)
« on: May 18, 2005, 05:12:27 AM »
the death row sites got a new 1st page.against tha grain comin soon...
AGAIN.....

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: ATG coming soon.......(again)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:20:55 AM »
fuckin suge
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

IzUwitIt

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 06:18:50 AM »

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 06:22:20 AM »
lol...

typical row shit stirring.. their forum now claming he aint gone..

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 06:54:33 AM »
they just fuckin their credibility more and more...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2005, 03:14:06 PM »
fuc deathrow
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Soul Sanatorium

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2005, 03:21:18 PM »

Dean

• 'G'
  • "If it don't make dollars, it don't make sense"
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 04:09:02 PM »
that shits never coming out

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 04:40:27 PM »
Has there been word from Kurupt on if hes still rolling with Deathrow?  If you ask me, he should keep it moving and finish what he started.  Id hope that hes still working with Suge to get that album out and if he decides to leave after it drops, so be it.  Id also hope that Daz, Snoop and them would welcome him back... but still give him enough room to finish what he started.  I for one would love to see this album drop.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 05:00:54 PM »
From what I understand, Kurupt is still contractually obligated to do one more album for Artemis/Arista. That's why he signed a deal to become VP and never released an album for the 4 years he was at Death Row. If he gets out of his contract, I'm sure he wouldn't care if Suge dropped the album.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 06:02:12 PM »
From what I understand, Kurupt is still contractually obligated to do one more album for Artemis/Arista. That's why he signed a deal to become VP and never released an album for the 4 years he was at Death Row. If he gets out of his contract, I'm sure he wouldn't care if Suge dropped the album.

So if he was only a VP then how was ATG ever going to realistically happen?  I mean, did Kurupt record that album in hopes that Suge could get DR into some kinda joint venture with Artemis to fufill his one album obligation and release ATG?  If he was under contract with another label... and he was only the VP, how was this album going to happen anyway?  (im sure Nima or them WCRyda dudes know... but just aint saying.. hahaha..)  Im just really curious to know whats going on in the back ground.  Fuck, drop ATG on Koch.  Who cares about distribution, just drop it then do the Doggpound reunion album!  Best of both worlds.  (thanks for the info, btw)

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

acbaylove

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »
Has there been word from Kurupt on if hes still rolling with Deathrow?  If you ask me, he should keep it moving and finish what he started.  Id hope that hes still working with Suge to get that album out and if he decides to leave after it drops, so be it.  Id also hope that Daz, Snoop and them would welcome him back... but still give him enough room to finish what he started.  I for one would love to see this album drop.

Ax

Exactly. I think Suge cant release this album, and Kurupt wasnt in the position to release an album. If Suge will release this album, Antra will sue his ass for multiple millions. Kurupt did a very smart move getting some money from Death Row, and now i've heard he's trying to use them to negotiate with Antra to be released from their contract. Suge is the one who lied with that album. I had no doubts since day 1 Kurupt wasnt gonna release an album, cause legally it wasnt possible for him to do it. The only way to release an album is to release a group album. The Original album is a group album, not a Kurupt solo album. That's why he released it. And that's why he's trying to make albums with The Riflemen/The Horsemen/The Dogg Pound. Cause they are groups. I hope he'll work out his contract with Antra well. If not, i think Kurupt's solo career is over.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 07:21:43 PM »

Ax

Exactly. I think Suge cant release this album, and Kurupt wasnt in the position to release an album. If Suge will release this album, Antra will sue his ass for multiple millions. Kurupt did a very smart move getting some money from Death Row, and now i've heard he's trying to use them to negotiate with Antra to be released from their contract. Suge is the one who lied with that album. I had no doubts since day 1 Kurupt wasnt gonna release an album, cause legally it wasnt possible for him to do it. The only way to release an album is to release a group album. The Original album is a group album, not a Kurupt solo album. That's why he released it. And that's why he's trying to make albums with The Riflemen/The Horsemen/The Dogg Pound. Cause they are groups. I hope he'll work out his contract with Antra well. If not, i think Kurupt's solo career is over.

From the outside looking in, it seems like he'd do better working out a situation with Antra where the DR logo and Antra's logo can share space on his final album sorta like how DR and Amaru have done.  You'd think that both would benefit unless its a situation where they would budget any money for the album and Suges looking to recoup before working a deal.  They could be like... he recorded that album on Suges dime so if yall wanna release it, go ahead, but dont expect us to invest in the production cost but of course we'll scoop in some of the profits.  Its like Suge having an extra mouth to feed with nothing but an authorization to release in return.  Maybe Suges lookin for some get back on the production costs in case the album doesnt sell.  (Dysfunktional Family for example sold only 80k) 

But on the other hand, Antra has the contract so they are in the position to say no on the recoup and fuck it if you dont release the album because he still owes us anyway so we'll just deal with him on our terms when hes ready.  Basically, they got Suge by the nuts.  Hes already put in the investment since the album is done.  But he needs not only an OK to make it worth it... he needs that advance that Antra would have to put out if he recorded for them anyway.  Crazy scenerio.  Fuck it, I take it back.  Dont finish what you started.  Leave Deathrow and piss off Suge by leaking the album for the fans.   :D  That would be dope.  hahaha

Ax
~Theodore Roosevelt

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 07:36:23 PM »
I thought Kurupt was finished with Antra after his greatest hits dropped??

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 07:58:22 PM »
I thought Kurupt was finished with Antra after his greatest hits dropped??

Forgot about that. How did that happen anyway?  It came out on Bungalo.  They must be in some way affiliated with Antra maybe?  And if that qualified as his final album, whats holding up ATG? 
~Theodore Roosevelt