Author Topic: Dre's The Chronic started the west coast movement......  (Read 427 times)

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
Dre's The Chronic started the west coast movement......
« on: May 24, 2005, 11:42:51 AM »
and nothing but a g thang was the song that really put the west coast sound on the map. so what album and song did this for the south? Is it Juveniles 400 degreez and the song Ha? What do you all think.

ABN

Re: Dre's The Chronic started the west coast movement......
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 11:47:03 AM »
no, love him or hate him but Master P put the south on the map for real for real. alltho UGK and the Geto Boys(and Face as a solo artist)had dropped albums before P became a mega-star they didnīt really sell any records. and P made it ok to be country as fuck and rap with an extremely heavy southern drawl. now iīm not sayin that P was or is the best from the south coz he certainly isnīt but if you canīt aknowledge that he put southern rap on the map nationwide(and worldwide)then your a hater.

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 11:54:05 AM »
master p definitely put it down for the south, but record companies still werent looking to put on acts from south because of him. If i remember right, in 1999 when juveniles album came out, him and cash money made it popular for record companies to put out more southern groups etc.

ABN

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 12:01:12 PM »
master p definitely put it down for the south, but record companies still werent looking to put on acts from south because of him. If i remember right, in 1999 when juveniles album came out, him and cash money made it popular for record companies to put out more southern groups etc.
yea but Cash Money wouldnīt have been nearly as big as they were/are if it wasnīt for P. alltho he later on would go on and bite a few things from them is a whole nother thing but without Master P iīm pretty sure that Cash Money wouldnīt have gotten that huge deal with Universal coz they(Universal) saw P sellin records like hot panncakes without any real support from Priority so they went and snatched up the second biggest thing from the NO. damn now that i look back itīs crazy to think that P used to put out 10 albums a year and have them all sell from anything between 500k to 3 million.

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 12:16:55 PM »
yeah u do have a point there. I do remember all thos flashy, colorful album covers that no limit would put out. It seemed like there was a new one every other week.  And to think how much money master p made off those records. But other then master p nobody from the south was really making any money. Outkast and the Geto Boys have been around for a minute, but I think people just saw them as dope artists rather then artists making southern music.  I guess i just feel that juvenile's album opened the flood gates for the south becuase Ha was just on some crazy slang shit with a bouncy ass beat. I cant think of a song by master p that made me think of the south except maybe make em say uggh.

ABN

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 12:23:11 PM »
^Bout It Bout It is prolly the biggest southern anthem of all time.

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 12:41:32 PM »
refresh my memory, what album is bout it bout it off?

ABN

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 12:49:04 PM »
refresh my memory, what album is bout it bout it off?
from Ice Cream Man.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 01:06:27 PM »
yea Master P open the door for Juve....but I think Juve guys would've made it big no matter what...with a song like "Back that ass up"

*plays Juve - ha*
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

ABN

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 01:14:12 PM »
yea Master P open the door for Juve....but I think Juve guys would've made it big no matter what...with a song like "Back that ass up"

*plays Juve - ha*
well i canīt disprove that but fact of the matter is that P was the first multi platinum rap artist ever outta New Orleans and anyone who thinks Cash Money wouldīve gotten 30 mill from Universal and the push they got if it wasnīt for No Limit gotta be smoking crack. and still Bout It Bout It>Back That Ass up. but both labels sucks these days and thatīs a shame coz both of these labels had some talented artists back then(Fiend,B.G.,Mac,Juvenile,Mystikal). but P done fell off hard ever since BBTP left and they still successful so P made a fucked up move by not payin them.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 01:27:24 PM »

*plays Juve - ha*
well i canīt disprove that but fact of the matter is that P was the first multi platinum rap artist ever outta New Orleans and anyone who thinks Cash Money wouldīve gotten 30 mill from Universal and the push they got if it wasnīt for No Limit gotta be smoking crack. and still Bout It Bout It>Back That Ass up. but both labels sucks these days and thatīs a shame coz both of these labels had some talented artists back then(Fiend,B.G.,Mac,Juvenile,Mystikal). but P done fell off hard ever since BBTP left and they still successful so P made a fucked up move by not payin them.

yea i agree
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

westkoastanostra

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 01:48:05 PM »

*plays Juve - ha*
true dat!

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2005, 02:01:22 PM »
.... I think Master P's "Make Um Say Uhhh" put the south on the map.....
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2005, 02:41:55 PM »
niggaz 4 life put westcoast on the map definately
chronic just emphasiszed the gangsta shit  and funk that became the west's trend for years

master P def put the south on the map... radio play, mtv playin their vidz every thing
check his interview in allhiphop.com

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

oglocdogg

• 'G'
  • Liverpool, Scousers stand up
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2005, 03:48:04 PM »
since BBTP left.........? who dat
"The title im holdin is to prestigious you fuck wid me you better be religious cuz only god can save ya wen locdogg blaze ya just like purple hazea i wont just graze ya im goin for da kill gettin so much head you should call me bill