Author Topic: Who Is The GOAT Actor.  (Read 590 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Who Is The GOAT Actor.
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2005, 12:09:57 AM »

How many movies have you guys seen from Gregory Peck, Spencer Tracy, or Lawrence Olivier?

A few...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2005, 12:13:49 AM »
LOL, like anyone on this forum really watches movies in the 70's and before that.  who cares if these people belive deniro is the goat, its their opinon.  there is no right and no wrong answer with exceptions.  obisously many answers could be laughed at, such as any rapper or keanue reeves, but I see nothing wrong with pickin deniro as the goat.  I ain't seen most of that list that javier wrote, so I don't know his best work.

It's not like I'm going to lose sleep over it, but imagine you were on a forum that did GOAT rapper thread and everyone said Jay Z or Em. Great rapper's with a lot of credentials behind them, and you're pretty sure they've never heard anyone between Rakim and Nas, or KRS and Tupac. Wouldn't you at least say something?

That's different...Rap subsided, while actors have improved throughout the times...Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player of all time, but many greats came before him and paved the way...You know what I'm saying? Your analogies are off...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2005, 06:52:03 AM »
LOL, like anyone on this forum really watches movies in the 70's and before that.  who cares if these people belive deniro is the goat, its their opinon.  there is no right and no wrong answer with exceptions.  obisously many answers could be laughed at, such as any rapper or keanue reeves, but I see nothing wrong with pickin deniro as the goat.  I ain't seen most of that list that javier wrote, so I don't know his best work.

It's not like I'm going to lose sleep over it, but imagine you were on a forum that did GOAT rapper thread and everyone said Jay Z or Em. Great rapper's with a lot of credentials behind them, and you're pretty sure they've never heard anyone between Rakim and Nas, or KRS and Tupac. Wouldn't you at least say something?

no, that question is asked all the time in this forum and I usually don't even bother looking at the thread.  really I don't care who someone thinks the goat is, and I could care less about arguing about it.  whoever you think is the goat actor, I have no clue who any of those guys you named are, so I'm not gonna debate about it.  its all about opinoin.  imo ed norton and johnny depp are the best actors, if you don't agree, fine, thats your opinion.  no matter what you say its not gonna change my mind, just like no matter how many actors from pre 70's you name is not gonna change all these peeps minds about deniro being the goat.

I'm just curious, what pre 70's movies are you talking about that are so great?

My GOAT actor? There isn't one. My whole point on this thread was to say that there are so many greats that it would be impossible to pick one over all the others. I'm not here to say that Spencer Tracy is better than DeNiro, or Olivier is better than Pacino, or Poitier is better than Sam L. Jackson. I'm just here to say that it it doesn't seem right to pick one so boldly with out at least seeing the other greats in action. Best is such a strong word. Favourite would have been better.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2005, 07:02:39 AM »

That's different...Rap subsided, while actors have improved throughout the times...Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player of all time, but many greats came before him and paved the way...You know what I'm saying? Your analogies are off...

No it's not different, you just think it is. Just because you think acting has improved, doesn't mean there are a whole bunch of people who think it's gotten worse. Acting has gone on for thousands of years, you 're telling me that over the course of 25 years it has all of a sudden drastically changed?

Why is Jordan THE greatest? Magic came in as a Rookie and won the Finals MVP, then went on to win 5 championships in his first 9 years, while it took Jordan 11 or 12 years to win 6. Bird took a team that was second from last in the whole league and made them first seed in his rookie year. He then went on to win 3 strong championships and back to back to back season MVP wins before his back started acting up, something that really hurt the team afterwards. Russel won 11 championships in 13 years, never missed the playoffs, only missed the finals once. I'm not saying any of these three are better than Jordan, but I'm also not saying Jordan is better than any of these three.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2005, 07:41:54 PM »

No it's not different, you just think it is. Just because you think acting has improved, doesn't mean there are a whole bunch of people who think it's gotten worse. Acting has gone on for thousands of years, you 're telling me that over the course of 25 years it has all of a sudden drastically changed?

Why is Jordan THE greatest? Magic came in as a Rookie and won the Finals MVP, then went on to win 5 championships in his first 9 years, while it took Jordan 11 or 12 years to win 6. Bird took a team that was second from last in the whole league and made them first seed in his rookie year. He then went on to win 3 strong championships and back to back to back season MVP wins before his back started acting up, something that really hurt the team afterwards. Russel won 11 championships in 13 years, never missed the playoffs, only missed the finals once. I'm not saying any of these three are better than Jordan, but I'm also not saying Jordan is better than any of these three.

The point is that it wouldn't be a disgrace to call DeNiro the greatest actor of all time, just like it wouldn't be a disgrace to call Jordan the greatest baller of all time...get it?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2005, 12:57:09 AM »
i cant believe nobody picked denzel washington!name a wack movie he played in

westkoastanostra

« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2005, 10:45:25 AM »

"mo' better blues" "virtuasity"

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2005, 12:54:08 PM »

The point is that it wouldn't be a disgrace to call DeNiro the greatest actor of all time, just like it wouldn't be a disgrace to call Jordan the greatest baller of all time...get it?

Well with Basketball there are only a few players on Jordan's level. So if you don't say Jordan you can say Magic, Larry, Russel, Wilt and that's about it (maybe J). In Hollywood it's different because there are so many actors on that elite level. DeNiro is one of them, no doubt about it. My beef isn't with DeNiro or someone picking him. My beef was with the amount of people saying it was between Deniro and Pacino. Just about everyone said DeNiro with no mention of greats like Poitier or Peck. If everyone had said Spencer Tracy, and no  one mentionmed DeNiro I'd still be in this thread with the same argument and DeNiro would be on my list. The disgrace in my mind is not because someone thinks DeNiro is the best, the disgrace is that people with out question have chosen THE best actor (no matter who was picked) and ignored all the other greats who are just as good. Just about anyone who has a best actor win is up there. Anyone who has 2 is certainly there.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2005, 01:42:50 PM »

Well with Basketball there are only a few players on Jordan's level. So if you don't say Jordan you can say Magic, Larry, Russel, Wilt and that's about it (maybe J). In Hollywood it's different because there are so many actors on that elite level. DeNiro is one of them, no doubt about it. My beef isn't with DeNiro or someone picking him. My beef was with the amount of people saying it was between Deniro and Pacino. Just about everyone said DeNiro with no mention of greats like Poitier or Peck. If everyone had said Spencer Tracy, and no  one mentionmed DeNiro I'd still be in this thread with the same argument and DeNiro would be on my list. The disgrace in my mind is not because someone thinks DeNiro is the best, the disgrace is that people with out question have chosen THE best actor (no matter who was picked) and ignored all the other greats who are just as good. Just about anyone who has a best actor win is up there. Anyone who has 2 is certainly there.

I say let people pick whoever they want, as long as they don't say someone like Anthony Anderson or Tom Arnold...If someone said "the best basketball player would have to be between Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson", then that's their opinion! As long as they're on the elite level, then it really shouldn't matter...They don't have to acknowledge every fuckin' great basketball player when choosing their GOAT...You know what I'm saying?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2005, 01:48:26 PM »

Carbon Copy
Power
Heart Condition
Ricochet
Virtuosity

to name a few...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2005, 01:51:14 PM »

I say let people pick whoever they want, as long as they don't say someone like Anthony Anderson or Tom Arnold...If someone said "the best basketball player would have to be between Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson", then that's their opinion! As long as they're on the elite level, then it really shouldn't matter...They don't have to acknowledge every fuckin' great basketball player when choosing their GOAT...You know what I'm saying?

I get what you're saying. I guess what irks me is that in basketball, like I said there are only a few, in acting there are dozens. If this were the NFL GOAT and everyone said Tom Brady, I'd get annoyed too. He's good, great, but there are so many. It also kind of gets me when people vote on the best with out even seeing half of the great actors act. Why couldn't this have just been a favourite actor thread so I would have left it alone?

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2005, 04:21:04 PM »
Christopher Walken has been great in every role he has taken on too.

Yeah, Christopher Walken is my favorite actor of all time. Morgan Freeman is the shit too. I also have to go with Johnny Depp and Laurence Fishburne.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2005, 01:23:33 PM »

"mo' better blues" "virtuasity"

Um, Mo Better Blues ain't wack.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2005, 04:21:02 PM »
Eddie Murphy

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2005, 09:08:02 AM »
Most Def The Top 2 By Far

Robert De Niro

Al Pacino

Other Dope Actors

Denzel Washington

Samuel L Jackson

Joe Pesci

These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!