Author Topic: Something Eminem and Xzibit have in common.....  (Read 776 times)

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
Re: Something Eminem and Xzibit have in common.....
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2005, 12:04:28 PM »
both didnt fall off
em is just bored from the game now... he needs some one to stepand battle him o he gonna stay at his encore level unless dre motivates him somehow......

as for xzibit he is still talented all he needs to do is stop thinking he is a crip and look for a better label thansony cause they fukkin him up cause he is affliated with dre
I totally disagree wit you here,firstly,both rappers have fell off.Secondly,if Em is bored of rap,he should stop doing it until he gets some interest.& about that thing that he needs to battle someone is bullshit,lol,wasnt that shit wit Ja Rule more than enough???Wasnt Em the one that made Like Toy Soldiers,as you can see,he's tired of battling (atleast Ja & Benzino).As for X cripwalkin,man,ever since he dropped WOMD he's stopped.Tell me,when's the last time you've seen him do that???Exactly,he hasnt done that for a long fuckin time.
i respect ur opinion.....however i still disgaree
em didnt come lyrically wack on encore.... actually he came aight.. only prob is he repeated eminem show
encore is a carbon copy of eminem show.... even the features r similar
u heared his tim westwood freestyle that was 2004.. actually mid 2004
wat about his verse on warrior part 2
aight wat about his verse on game's album
em still shits on most of the mc's in the industry... its just.. i dunno i think he needs more motivation.. or some one big like jay or nas to diss him
the thing about him quitting.. i think he is financially able to quit.. however he has 2 drop an album every 2 years on aftermath/interscope there is a contract.. it aint like he gone call dre and jimmy 'wassup, i dont feel like droppin a album, i quit, send me my cheque'
as for xzibit.. all xzibit needs is promo and a strong single... west coastish beat... cause the shit hedid with timbo was aight but not compared to X or get your walk on
and the thing about crip walking.... idunno when did he stop but he still doin GANGSTA music which is not him.... i actually dont care wat kinda music he makes

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2005, 12:47:39 PM »
X has fallin off.  I used to like him now I dont ,and thats the definition of fallin off.  2 good albums to 2 wack albums, and 1 being wack as fuck, cuz sucks.  Theres a reason he gets no luv outside of cali, and  cant even move peanuts with a damn hit show on mtv.
IE

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2005, 01:05:25 PM »
They are both dope artists. X has been a lil' more consistant. But I disagree with people sayin' he's better than Em. Whether you like or hate him(which most of you wannabe Pacs, thugs, and gangstas do), he's still regarded as one of the greatest mc's in Hip Hop. And this has come str8 out of the mouths of Rakim, KRS ONE, Jay-z, Freddie Fox, LL Cool J, and Guru of Gangstarr. You dont have to like him, but you cant deny his talent. ENCORE was wack ! hands down. The Eminem Show was aii8. The Slim Shady LP was a dope debut, and The Marshall Mathers LP was a classic. Period. Xzibit is more consistant than Em and has not fallin' as hard as Em has, but I dont give a fuck what you guys think...X doesn't have an album as great as TMMLP, and he doesn't have an album anywhere near as wack as ENCORE. Just my two cents.

Peace
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 01:08:40 PM by Rebel »

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2005, 01:12:08 PM »
^^ i pretty much agree w/ every thing u said

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

T-Dub

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2005, 01:34:26 PM »
I think Eminem can be exceptionally good when he wants to be, but I'm not feeling the double standard he gets though.  He can put out some weak ass shit that if any other legitimate mc put out they would lose all respect and become a laughingstock.  I know he has always tried to incorporate humor into his music, but there is a difference between humor and garbage.  Eminem's highs and lows are more extreme than Xzibit's like others have previously said. Bottom line both have fallen off.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2005, 01:37:37 PM »
Weapons of Mass Destruction was tight, so Xzibit hasn't fallen off. Emimem on the other hand, has fallen off like a skydiver.

yeah i agree with that. x proved he still got it, whereas eminem fell of baad, mostly to adapt to todays crappy commercial fanbase. dude used to spit back in his underground days
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

PLANT

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2005, 02:21:50 PM »
Xzibit kinda fell off but hes still way better then Eminem...

SGV

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2005, 02:42:26 PM »
Eminem's career took a severe blow with the release of "Ass Like That." Easily, one of the worst tracks ever made. Eminem is not, never has been, nor will be, one of the greats. D-12 World, Eminem Show and Encore have all proved that.

X on the other hand slipped a couple times, and I blame that on Dre's Executive Production. He allowed X to put such trash on his records.

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2005, 03:01:22 PM »
Weapons of Mass Destruction was tight, so Xzibit hasn't fallen off. Emimem on the other hand, has fallen off like a skydiver.

yeah i agree with that. x proved he still got it, whereas eminem fell of baad, mostly to adapt to todays crappy commercial fanbase. dude used to spit back in his underground days
Word,Eminem is so focused on what sells he's become one dimensional as where X IMO is one of the most diverse Mc's in the game. Womd proves that.

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2005, 03:10:22 PM »
Eminem's career took a severe blow with the release of "Ass Like That." Easily, one of the worst tracks ever made. Eminem is not, never has been, nor will be, one of the greats. D-12 World, Eminem Show and Encore have all proved that.

there is a reason why eminem is how he is now..

he is being forced to follow a stereotype by his contract.. once he gains more freedom he will change
right now he (and dre) are forced to go and make these cheesy singles by jimmy i..
eminem has himself stated that he and dre HATE making these singles but have to so the album will not get rejected again.

this is why eminems albums are following a samey formula.. he's enslaved by the corporate machine.

Elevz

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 03:15:19 PM »

there is a reason why eminem is how he is now..

he is being forced to follow a stereotype by his contract.. once he gains more freedom he will change
right now he (and dre) are forced to go and make these cheesy singles by jimmy i..
eminem has himself stated that he and dre HATE making these singles but have to so the album will not get rejected again.

this is why eminems albums are following a samey formula.. he's enslaved by the corporate machine.

Is that a valid reason for making the ENTIRE album that way? What's a rapper without freedom of speech?

Fuck that. Eminem is probably the most overrated rapper of all time. Slim Shady LP was allright. Not classic. FAR from classic. And I even like that one better than MMLP. There's no fucking way those albums are classics. Are they full of amazing songs? No way. Have they had a huge influence on most of the rap records made ever since? Not at all. If you really consider those albums classics, you may need to check out some more hiphop before judging. Even I know that, with my limited knowledge ;)

Xzibit, however... Still can come pretty strong. WOMD proved that. I don't think he ever released a wack album - worst he ever did was "allright" with MVM.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2005, 03:18:02 PM by Elevz the #1 blunt roller »

SGV

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 03:15:48 PM »
Eh... They need ONE lead single like that. It's not needed more than once. Eminem and Dre are TOP bread winners on Interscope, fuck the dumb, they could say no. Iovine would give in.

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005, 03:16:44 PM »
*listens to Eminem "Get You Mad" and reminisces of better times*
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

SGV

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 03:17:45 PM »
*listens to Eminem "Get You Mad" and reminisces of better times*
Preach!!!!

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2005, 03:24:18 PM »

X on the other hand slipped a couple times, and I blame that on Dre's Executive Production. He allowed X to put such trash on his records.

So by saying he's not one of the greats your defying the majority, let alone Rakim, KRS ONE, Freddie Fox, Guru, Nas and Jay-Z. They all said Eminem is one of the greatest. That shows how bias you are. Why did u focus on D12 World and Encore and not mention TSSLP or TMMLP or what he did for 8-Mile, what he did for 2001, or how he shits on Jay-Z in the song 'Renegade' ? Why not mention all the fans he's brought into on an international level because of his first two albums ? and people say that X fell off with WOMD. What Dre did for X is make him bigger than he ever was, especially with his most successfull album to date - Restless.