Author Topic: DMX returns with new album  (Read 372 times)

mauzip

DMX returns with new album
« on: May 26, 2005, 07:23:24 AM »
DMX At It Again, Waiting On Call From The Lord
05.25.2005 10:28 PM EDT

After talking with Mase, X puts preaching on pause for a return to rap.
DMX
Photo: MTV News
Seeing as how DMX is getting ready to put out his next album, Here We Go Again, on June 28, you're probably thinking you must've misunderstood him when he announced he was giving up the mic.

In March 2003, X said It's Not a Game

"Just 'cause I'm dealing with fake [people in the music industry], what gives me the right to say, 'I don't wanna do this no more' and walk away?" — DMX

would be his final album, and that he was leaning toward becoming a preacher (see "DMX Retiring From Hip-Hop, Plans To Read His Bible"). Well he was, and DMX still feels he'll be talking from the pulpit one day. X changed his mind about retiring from rap, though, after a conversation with Mase, a longtime friend who went that same route six years ago (see "Mase Clears The Air About Diddy, DMX And Jay-Z").

"I was ready to do that," X said last week in Miami about declaring his permanent estrangement from rap. "I talked to Mase. I said, 'Dog! I'm fed up with this rap sh--. I know the Lord. I know my true calling is to preach the Word, where do I go from here?' He was like, 'As long as the Lord gives you the talent to do what you do, do it. He'll call you when he's ready. He'll call you when he's ready.' "

X says Pastor Mason Betha made so much sense to him that he picked the mic back up.

"Just 'cause I'm dealing with fake mutha----as [in the music industry], what gives me the right to say, 'I don't wanna do this no more' and walk away?" X elaborated. "I've been through worse than that. I can deal with fake sh--. I'm gonna do this as long as I can, and when [God] is ready for me, he'll call me. It wasn't my place to retire."

X said the title of his new album is self-explanatory. He wrote Here We Go Again while traveling to Africa, New York, Miami, Germany, London and his favorite place to record, Arizona.

"I have some property in Arizona," he said. "I love the vibe, the desert, but it's still a night life, still a 'hood [out there]. It keeps me grounded."

He dealt heavily in hip-hop "X-cesses" during the shooting of his new video, which is a combination clip that cuts into three Here We Go tracks: "Walk These Dogs," "Give 'Em What They Want" and "Pump Ya Fist." For a portion of the clip, Scott Storch, who produced "Give 'Em What They Want," lent X his mansion. At another location featured in the video, DMX and Swizz Beatz, who made the track for "Pump Ya Fist," got onstage.

"This is a straight rap video," he said. "I get to be a rapper in a video. I did the mansion scene, the driving scene, the girl-in-the-club scene. I do all the things rappers do in the videos in this one."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1502925/20050525/dmx.jhtml?headlines=true

Wordfish

Re: DMX returns with new album
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 08:30:40 AM »
Dmx ,.+ new album_,,that shit will be gOod_ 8)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 09:20:46 AM »

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 10:15:55 AM »
the track industry is nice
i hooked up ppl with the first single
its called pump ya fists
peep it in the hook up spot

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 07:39:17 PM »

Like A N!gga Say Do

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 07:43:31 PM »

Goddamn isn't that is girl? Hahah Where The Dogs AT?

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 07:45:05 PM »

Dunno about DMX....just dont really feel him, Party Up and We Right Here, X Gonna Give it to ya, aside.
Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

dray

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005, 10:07:59 PM »
if he drops again, he need to step his game up fa real. the last twwo albums that he dropped were wack. x stay off that blow!!

westkoastanostra

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 12:25:36 AM »

Bomb-A®

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 06:14:02 AM »
'Dog! I'm fed up with this rap sh--. I know the Lord. I know my true calling is to preach the Word, where do I go from here?'
Translation:
'Dog! I'm fed up with this rap sh--. I know the Lord. I know my true calling is to preach the Word, where do I go from here?'

'As long as the Lord gives you the talent to do what you do, do it. He'll call you when he's ready. He'll call you when he's ready.'
Translation:
Dude ive tried that shit, its all good until u run out of crack money. Look, ur going to hell anywayz, might as well make money while ur here.

peace

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 09:32:37 AM »

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 04:54:08 AM »
good news!

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 10:17:25 AM »
it does apply to dmx and canibus, cause no one cares about either of them anymore.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

bigdogg2001

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 02:29:43 PM »
great another shitty dmx album. his first album was classic and his second one was decent. but after that he just put out shit.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2005, 02:37:16 PM »
it does apply to dmx and canibus, cause no one cares about either of them anymore.

thats why dmx still sold over a million on his last record?  ::)