Author Topic: Keane fuels Celtic transfer talk  (Read 78 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Keane fuels Celtic transfer talk
« on: May 29, 2005, 02:06:54 PM »

Keane fuels Celtic transfer talk 

Tottenham striker Robbie Keane fuelled speculation that he would be interested in a move to Celtic after praising new Bhoys boss Gordon Strachan.

"He's the best manager I have worked under," said Keane after scoring the Republic of Ireland's winner in Jackie McNamara's testimonial at Celtic Park.

"I'm sure he's going to do a tremendous job - he gets the best out of players and knows the game inside out.

"I'm a Celtic fan, and I have said that one day I would like to play for them."

Keane seems to have dropped down the White Hart Lane pecking order under Martin Jol.

And, with just the year remaining on his third contract, speculation is mounting over his future.

He worked with Strachan during his days at Coventry.

When asked about the prospect of moving to Glasgow, Keane said: "I've been linked with moves to every club this summer.

"At the end of the day, I've got one year left at Tottenham, and I am happy there but, if things change, then who knows?

"If the manager or chairman told me I was no longer wanted at Spurs then I am going to have to consider my future."

oh man i'd fucking love it if he signed for Celtic
NO MORE WAR

On The Edge of Insanity

Re: Keane fuels Celtic transfer talk
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 04:54:51 PM »
The problem i've always had with Robbie is that on form he is amazing, but when he doesn't play well he looks so ordinary its unbelievable to think how much money has been spent on him across his career. He is quite obviously a great talent, but just isn't consistant enough, which is why he always ends up leaving teams having been bought as first choice, and having then slipped down the pecking order. For Celtic he would be a good signing, because it doesn't really matter if he has off days, as long as it isn't in europe or against Rangers, any other game and he can afford to play average/badly and may still pick up a couple of goals.