Author Topic: Who Is The GOAT Actor.  (Read 594 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Who Is The GOAT Actor.
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2005, 06:03:16 PM »
Ed norton has done a damn good job in every movie I seen him in, and his roles are diverse, thats why I chose him.

I think he's great, but greatest of all time? He's got a long way to go. He may very well get there one day, but he's not there yet.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2005, 07:05:08 PM »
What's with all the DeNiro fans? Is this best actor in gangser movies?

Men of Honor
Ronin
Wag the Dog
Cape Fear
Awakenings
Midnight Run
The King of Comedy
Raging Bull
The Deer Hunter
Taxi Driver
Mean Streets

Deniro's best work has been outside of of the "gangster" role

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2005, 01:29:31 AM »
i might only be 21 but i can get old school
the G.O.A.T. is Paul Newman.  the guy is great

ecrazy

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2005, 01:36:10 AM »
^^Isnt Paul Newman The Salad Dressing Guy??

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2005, 06:59:18 AM »

Men of Honor
Ronin
Wag the Dog
Cape Fear
Awakenings
Midnight Run
The King of Comedy
Raging Bull
The Deer Hunter
Taxi Driver
Mean Streets

I'm not doubting his greatness. I'm just saying for so many people to call him hands down the greated actor ever is a disgrace to all those that came before him.

westkoastanostra

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2005, 09:50:18 AM »
Christopher Walken has been great in every role he has taken on too.

yea walken is also one of the greatest....along with harvey keitel... ;D

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2005, 03:17:06 PM »

Men of Honor
Ronin
Wag the Dog
Cape Fear
Awakenings
Midnight Run
The King of Comedy
Raging Bull
The Deer Hunter
Taxi Driver
Mean Streets

I'm not doubting his greatness. I'm just saying for so many people to call him hands down the greated actor ever is a disgrace to all those that came before him.

It's not a disgrace...Who the fuck are you to say that? He's easily one of the greatest actors, and if someone's opinion is that he IS the greatest (which is arguable), then that's what they feel...A disgrace would be to call Vin Diesel or DMX the greatest actor.

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2005, 04:22:12 PM »

2pac nigga whut!!!  :D
2Robert De Niro
3 Johnny Dep

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2005, 04:30:43 PM »

A disgrace would be to call Vin Diesel or DMX the greatest actor.

Exactly.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2005, 05:16:34 PM »

A disgrace would be to call Vin Diesel or DMX the greatest actor.

Exactly.

The disgrace isn't one or two people stating him, it's everyone stating him with out even mentioning the other great actors. How many movies have you guys seen from Gregory Peck, Spencer Tracy, or Lawrence Olivier? I would never call anyone THE GREATEST because there are so many great performances by great actors I have yet to see.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2005, 05:18:50 PM »
next time ill have an open debate during my own reply on who is the GOAT of anything

Acgrundy

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2005, 08:54:51 PM »
LOL, like anyone on this forum really watches movies in the 70's and before that.  who cares if these people belive deniro is the goat, its their opinon.  there is no right and no wrong answer with exceptions.  obisously many answers could be laughed at, such as any rapper or keanue reeves, but I see nothing wrong with pickin deniro as the goat.  I ain't seen most of that list that javier wrote, so I don't know his best work.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2005, 09:00:23 PM »
LOL, like anyone on this forum really watches movies in the 70's and before that.  who cares if these people belive deniro is the goat, its their opinon.  there is no right and no wrong answer with exceptions.  obisously many answers could be laughed at, such as any rapper or keanue reeves, but I see nothing wrong with pickin deniro as the goat.  I ain't seen most of that list that javier wrote, so I don't know his best work.

It's not like I'm going to lose sleep over it, but imagine you were on a forum that did GOAT rapper thread and everyone said Jay Z or Em. Great rapper's with a lot of credentials behind them, and you're pretty sure they've never heard anyone between Rakim and Nas, or KRS and Tupac. Wouldn't you at least say something?

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2005, 09:33:23 PM »
Its really should be BOEE.  Best of Each Era.  Very tough to compare actors since different eras offered differnt kind of roles in acting.

Acgrundy

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2005, 09:47:19 PM »

It's not like I'm going to lose sleep over it, but imagine you were on a forum that did GOAT rapper thread and everyone said Jay Z or Em. Great rapper's with a lot of credentials behind them, and you're pretty sure they've never heard anyone between Rakim and Nas, or KRS and Tupac. Wouldn't you at least say something?

no, that question is asked all the time in this forum and I usually don't even bother looking at the thread.  really I don't care who someone thinks the goat is, and I could care less about arguing about it.  whoever you think is the goat actor, I have no clue who any of those guys you named are, so I'm not gonna debate about it.  its all about opinoin.  imo ed norton and johnny depp are the best actors, if you don't agree, fine, thats your opinion.  no matter what you say its not gonna change my mind, just like no matter how many actors from pre 70's you name is not gonna change all these peeps minds about deniro being the goat.

I'm just curious, what pre 70's movies are you talking about that are so great?