Author Topic: Ok its my 24th Birthday on Thursday recommend me an MP3 Player  (Read 171 times)

Lil Suge Knight

Ok guys what MP3 Player should I get my mum is givin me £300 so recomend me one, got to have at least 20 Gig Memory.
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Re: Ok its my 24th Birthday on Thursday recommend me an MP3 Player
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 10:51:46 AM »
Get the Creative Zen Touch! My mom already bought it for me but I receive it after my exams...it's 40 GB. Shit's crazy for real. I'll be able to upload my entire CD-collection!
Fuck an iPod...don't get caught up in the hype. All they do is fool you in my opinion...

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 10:59:43 AM »
I got the Creative Zen touch 20 GB. So far it has only given me a problem once - it froze, but i just let the battery run out, and then it worked again. From what i hear iPods constantly give that problem, except with Ipods the entire hard drive gets deleted. The Zen also got twice the battery life of an iPod
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Lil Suge Knight

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 11:14:20 AM »
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=58500

What yall think of this one.

hmm it's kinda an older model, i think the Zen Touch looks cooler, too. But i dunno, i know someone whos had ^^that one for a while, he likes it
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 11:16:27 AM »
Get an iPod.  There's a reason why a gang of people have them... and it's not all hype.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 11:20:31 AM »
Get an iPod.  There's a reason why a gang of people have them... and it's not all hype.

It's mostly hype, and people don't bother looking into (research it) making this purchase.  They think the iPod is a one of a kind.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 11:46:24 AM »
Lil' Suge... you always got options... but I recommend the iPod.

Matrix Heart

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 11:54:44 AM »
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=58500

What yall think of this one.

hmm it's kinda an older model, i think the Zen Touch looks cooler, too. But i dunno, i know someone whos had ^^that one for a while, he likes it

Fuck looks it's gonna turn to shit eventually, get the 40 gigs.

Lil Suge Knight

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 01:27:19 PM »
Ok been looking on Amazon found some I like;

RIO Karma 20GB MP3 Player

Manufacturer's Description
The Rio Karma, a 20 GB, USB 2.0, traditional hard disk player can hold over 5,000 MP3 songs and has a unique ergonomic industrial design that allows for comfort while in a shirt pocket, or in the comfort of a right or left hand. With a built-in 15-hour LiON rechargeable battery, and shipping with a docking station that serves as an on-board battery charger, running out of batteries is now a thing of the past. The Karma docking station also provides a direct connection to an Ethernet port, allowing users to easily take advantage of the networking capabilities. This robust hard disk MP3 player appeals to all levels of MP3 consumers, from novice to power users, and also provides Ogg Vorbis support.
Karma comes loaded with a newly enhanced version of the award-winning Rio DJ. Karma users will be able to find and pick tracks to suit any mood with a single button press. For the more advanced user, the Rio Karma features a five-band parametric equalizer, offering an unheard-of level of precision and control over audio output, and the ability for dynamic playlist generation. Additionally, Rio Karma features a quick radio-style crossfade between tracks, perfect for creating a continuous mix of music for extended playback.

Box Contents

Rio Karma 20
Sennheiser MX300 Earbuds
Docking Station
USB 2.0 Cable
Stereo RCA Cable
Ethernet Cable
A/C Power Supply
Installation Disk
Quick Start Guide
Warranty Card

£129.99

Creative Zen Touch 40GB MP3 Player 

Palm-sized and pocket-friendly, Creative's Zen Touch digital music player is a treat for your eyes as well as your ears. And--with features like touch-sensitive navigation, 24-hour battery life, light weight (under half a pound with battery), and a staggering 40 GB/16,000 song capacity (64 kbps WMA)--the tiny unit leaves little room for wondering if it's right for you.
The Zen Touch is compatible with both MP3 and WMA (Windows Media Audio) music files, and its super-fast USB 2.0 PC interface loads your music in record time. Use the player's search function to locate music by song, album, or artist, scrolling quickly and easily through your library with the handy touch pad while viewing your playlists and song selections on the Zen Touch's 160 x 104 blue EL (electroluminescent) backlit LCD. You can create and customize your playlists on-the-fly, or listen in random order at the touch of a top-panel button.

The unit's 4-band custom equalizer and preset EQ curves help you tailor the sound to your preference or environment. If you're delving into the world of digital music for the first time, supplied Creative Mediasource software readily converts your CDs to MP3s or WMAs, while Creative's AudioSync seamlessly updates the Zen Touch with your latest music on your PC at the touch of a button. Creative Explorer (also included) permits drag-and-drop transfers for data and music files to and from the Zen Touch.

Box Contents

Creative Zen Touch Player
1 Pair of Stereo Earphones
1 Universal Power Adapter
1 Carrying case
1 USB 2.0 Cable
1 Installation CD
1 Quick Start Guide

£189.99

iMuz C700 - 20GB Digital Music MP3 Player - Red  ***This got fantastic customer reviews on Amazon***

With a mini USB ortbuilt in and an extension cable the iMuz is a slo a USB2.0 hard drive. Featuring high speed huge capacity storage, backup and transfer of data and media clips. Up to 12 hours of playtime with a built in rechargeable lithium ion battery. Voice recorder includes MIC recording, FM recording and Line in recording. SNR 90DB, Distortion 0.01%. Frequency response 20Hz to 20,000Hz. 16ohms impedeance earbud style headphones with 40mW*2output. Size: 106.73mm x 67.48mm x 18.70mm

£139.99

I like the look of Ipods, but so many people have grumbled on the battery life, plus everyone and there dog has an Ipod, dont wanna copy.

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 02:49:53 PM »
Get the Creative Zen Touch! My mom already bought it for me but I receive it after my exams...it's 40 GB. Shit's crazy for real. I'll be able to upload my entire CD-collection!
Fuck an iPod...don't get caught up in the hype. All they do is fool you in my opinion...
Yep my experience too, my 40 GB Zen Touch has done me well, except ive been too damn lazy to upload more shit...

Don Seer

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 02:50:56 PM »
i've seen one of the mini-zen things.. very cool and much better value than an ipod

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 03:31:49 PM »
Ok been looking on Amazon found some I like;

RIO Karma 20GB MP3 Player

When I was looking to replace my iPod I was about to get this one but I couldn't find the 40GB anywhere.  The one thing this has that the other don't is gapless playback (no pause between tracks).

J2K

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 02:54:54 AM »
Ive got a Creative Zen Micro , but its only up to 6Gb , so id recommend a Zen Touch (20-40Gb) , and if i were u i wouldnt get something too small , or some unknown brand.

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 03:12:37 AM »
fuck an ipod