Author Topic: Kuffour signs Roma deal  (Read 106 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Kuffour signs Roma deal
« on: June 09, 2005, 12:57:18 PM »

Serie A side Roma have confirmed the capture of Bayern Munich defender Samuel Osei Kuffour.

The Ghana international has signed until 2008 after his contract with the German champions expired.

Kuffour, who was also linked with Inter and Juventus, will net £1.4m-a-season – excluding bonuses and image right fees.

"I’ve chosen Roma because I want to enjoy my football," he said after his surprise arrival in Italy last night.

"This is an great club. I turned down more important offers because I want to win things here.

"I’m absolutely delighted that I can now play with champions such as Francesco Totti, Antonio Cassano, Vincenzo Montella and Cristian Chivu."

Kuffour becomes Roma’s second free signing of the summer after the capture of Siena’s Rodrigo Taddei last week.

The stopper will also be joined in Italy by former Bayern teammate Roberto Kovac, who has completed a free move to Juventus.

The signing of Kuffour is now likely to see central defender Matteo Ferrari leave, after a nightmare first campaign at the Stadio Olimpico.

this is a decent signing for roma imo

they now got kuffour, chivu, panucci, xavier, mexes, dellas, ferrari & cufre to choose from in defence...

what r other ppls thoughts on kuffour?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Kuffour signs Roma deal
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 02:27:56 PM »
i still feel bad for him for fucking up that bayern-man utd final  :P

acbaylove

Re: Kuffour signs Roma deal
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 02:39:54 PM »
i still feel bad for him for fucking up that bayern-man utd final  :P

I feel sorry for him cause his baby daughter died a couple of years ago, and from that moment he stopped being a good player. Last time i've seen it in a Ronaldo's friends vs Zidane's friends he looked very fat. I dont know. 2 millions € a year for Kuffour.. it doesnt seems like a great deal for me. Juventus acquired Robert Kovac for 1 million per year. I think we did a good deal.