Author Topic: The Honeymooners  (Read 249 times)

ShadyGuru

• Muthafuckin' OG
The Honeymooners
« on: June 10, 2005, 10:26:31 AM »
Anybody else seeing this over the weekend?  heard some good things

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: The Honeymooners
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 01:43:53 PM »
I'm too much of a fan of the original to give this a chance. I'm sure it's a nice movie but all I'll keep thinking about is how it's not as good.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 01:52:02 PM »
Looks wack. I'll be seeing Mr. and Mrs. Smith, which is gonna be crap too, but at least I'll see Angelina Jolie's tittayz.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 07:06:47 PM »
I'm too much of a fan of the original to give this a chance. I'm sure it's a nice movie but all I'll keep thinking about is how it's not as good.

Yeah, I agree.  I think it's nothing short of sacreligious to try and replicate a role that the legendary Jackie Gleason created.  It's like having someone else play Lucy on "I Love Lucy" or something, just rediculous. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 07:44:49 PM »

Yeah, I agree.  I think it's nothing short of sacreligious to try and replicate a role that the legendary Jackie Gleason created.  It's like having someone else play Lucy on "I Love Lucy" or something, just rediculous. 

What really bothers me is the race switch and that if it were reversed and a famous black character was played by a white guy in a modern version groups like the NAACP and other black groups would be up in arms like Jesus just got crucified again. Now don't get me wrong I don't want to see a remake by a white guy like Kevin James or Jim Belushi playing old Ralphie Boy either, and I certainly don't want to see Ben Stiller playing George Jefferson or Justin Timberlake playing Rerun. I just hate the double standard that it's ground breaking for old white characters to be remade as black and blatantly racist to have old black characters remade as whites. Why couldn't they just show 2 hours of episodes from the original? I'd gladly pay to see that. Or here's a thought; come up with new characters and material. What am I thinking? The days of creativity are long gone.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 01:35:39 AM »

What really bothers me is the race switch and that if it were reversed and a famous black character was played by a white guy in a modern version groups like the NAACP and other black groups would be up in arms like Jesus just got crucified again. Now don't get me wrong I don't want to see a remake by a white guy like Kevin James or Jim Belushi playing old Ralphie Boy either, and I certainly don't want to see Ben Stiller playing George Jefferson or Justin Timberlake playing Rerun. I just hate the double standard that it's ground breaking for old white characters to be remade as black and blatantly racist to have old black characters remade as whites. Why couldn't they just show 2 hours of episodes from the original? I'd gladly pay to see that. Or here's a thought; come up with new characters and material. What am I thinking? The days of creativity are long gone.

Fuckin niggers ruin everything...

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 09:33:53 AM »

I didn't mean it like that. I have no problem with black characters. I'd be no less mad about Brad Pitt playing a new Bill Cosby than I am about Cedric playing Ralph Kramden. I just don't see why it's any different.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 09:46:47 AM »
i heard its shit
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2005, 10:48:38 AM »

I didn't mean it like that. I have no problem with black characters. I'd be no less mad about Brad Pitt playing a new Bill Cosby than I am about Cedric playing Ralph Kramden. I just don't see why it's any different.

lol it was a joke man, relax

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2005, 11:35:16 AM »
i dont like black movies, well some, but not really, i need to see mr and mrs smith...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2005, 03:01:05 PM »

lol it was a joke man, relax

I wasn't getting upset. I just wanted to make it clear that it wasn't a racist rant. I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. I figured you were but when I saw my props go down one I thought maybe it was you and you thought I was being racist. Either way, I just wanted to make sure no one did think I was being racist.

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2005, 07:09:11 PM »
i think it looks funny.. and me and my girl gunna see it soon, after i see it ill tell u wut i thought

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 11:15:27 PM »
Went to c this today wit my girl n it wuz jus aight,thought itd b betta,jus average ,some parts were mad funnni but some parts were boring, gonna go see mr n mrs smith on tuesday...

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 11:27:10 PM »

my thoughts exactly man. i personly think any movie that stars cedric is crap so this movie wont be any different. i just dont see a point of re-creating a classic like this one

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 05:28:10 AM »
With me, it's specifically that they tried to redo Jackie Gleason.  He's untouchable, nobody can handle his routine, they should have left it alone.

The original Smokey & The Bandit with Gleason in it was untouchable, too.

"IMMMMA GET YOU, YOU SUMBITCH!!!"

Go watch it and see what real comedy is.