Author Topic: Mike Tyson Press Conference  (Read 207 times)

Wild_Elmo

Mike Tyson Press Conference
« on: June 11, 2005, 10:15:53 AM »
i would have just quit and canceled the fight if i was the other guy. most of you wont watch it, but i encourage you if you want a good laugh. btw anyone know how to save this stream??

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

click the cartoon, then choose the guide button on the left
then sports highlights & News
then the Boxing link
then finally "Iron Mike mouths off at pre-fight presser"

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Re: Mike Tyson Press Conference
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 10:23:39 AM »
lol never seen a boxer look so nervous b4 a fight as that irish dude did there...

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 09:20:20 PM »
I saw the fight tonight, it was kind of sad.  Iron Mike's heart just isn't in it anymore... I hope he can move on with his life and eventually get some kind of happy existance going. 

I think the biggest shame about Mike Tyson's career is that nobody ever understood him.  He strikes me as pretty fucking intelligent, everything I've ever heard him say sounded insightful and knowing, but they always act like he's some goon. 

Quadruple OG

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 09:28:21 PM »
I caught pretty much all of tyson's press conference from espnews, and he said he's done, won't go into commentary either.  he said that he would be doing missionary work.  they tried making it a swan song for him, but when everyone was giving him a standing O he kept telling everyone to sit down

OneHittaSpitta

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 09:47:40 PM »
i saw most of that press conference. If youre an Irish white guy who just fought Tyson.....dont have a simultaneous press conference lol. Have your OWN, or else (like this one) youll have to sit there the whole time while the press asks Mike a bunch of Questions. lol You woulda thought Mike won....

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 10:29:20 PM »
I stopped paying attention to Mike Tyson a long time ago

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 02:07:57 AM »
RIP Tyson's career

He fell off just like Holyfield. I feel bad for him. He went from being on top of the world and being loved by boxing fans and women everywhere. Now he's broke, washed up, and used up by the boxing game. I hope he can at least get a commentating job or something like Foreman.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 03:36:40 AM »
so did he lose?

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 05:18:00 AM »
RIP Tyson's career

He fell off just like Holyfield. I feel bad for him. He went from being on top of the world and being loved by boxing fans and women everywhere. Now he's broke, washed up, and used up by the boxing game. I hope he can at least get a commentating job or something like Foreman.

That's a pessimists way of looking at it.

I'm an optimist, so let me give you my point of view.

He went from being Heavyweight Champion of the World, a man with no heart who was convicted on Rape charges and sent to Prison, who beat his wife, and who had no respect for anyone, associated with Don King one of the worst conmen walking the planet... to

A 38 year old man who's physically as great as he ever was, but mentally no longer has the cold ambition to want to kill people.  He said after the fight that he had no love for Boxing, and that he hadn't loved the sport since 1990 when he lost his belt.  He doesn't have the wild insanity anymore he did that drove him to the top, so he just simply couldn't go on, he didn't want to be in there, he doesn't want to fight people.  His life's getting a little better, at least he's shed all the assholes around him, and actually has people that care about him around him (his corner stopped the fight when his man knew that Tyson was just going through the motions... the guy didn't kick Tyson's ass, Tyson just didn't want to fight)... so at least his corner cared about him enough to get him out of there before he got hurt or hurt the other guy.  He's trying by that fight to get out of the debts he incurred when he was still being an asshole, and to take care of his children.

I don't think he fell off.  I think he just grew up.  He won't be a commentator because he doesn't like Boxing, it's just what he does.