Author Topic: Brainpower & Jeugd van Tegenwoordig @ Snoop Dogg Concert June, 15  (Read 283 times)

Elevz

Re: Brainpower & Jeugd van Tegenwoordig @ Snoop Dogg Concert June, 15
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 03:25:32 AM »
Watskeburt beat is out of control, flow is nice, some lyrics are funny, chorus becomes annoying after a while. Overall a refreshing song. Would be commercially interesting for both parties if Snoop lays his vocals on it for a remix.
When I first heard it I just knew it was gonna be a number one hit. Kids like it, chicks like it, normal people like it, music people like it, most hiphopheads like it, only a few narrowminded people dislike it.

Snoop will probably dig the beat and flow on the song. A remix with him on it will become an even more huge hit in the Netherlands. If Topnotch is smart they try to hookup.

lol gzs there goes your credibility  ;D

and so what if they say fa shizzle and motherfucking? your favorite artists do too

Fa shizzle, coming out of the mouth of some random dutch geek boy in a song which is 50% in dutch and 50% in some pathetic self made up language... That song just won't make sense. It's actually no surprise to me that song made it to the #1 spot in the single charts; the dutch charts have been fucked up for years now. Frans Bauer, Snappie, K3... The list is endless. People here have no decent taste in music, and that's a fact.

Just one thing. I won't deny Brainpower is skilled, but he's just NOT using his skills. He's capable of dropping a classic nederhop album, I'm sure of that, but he's not gonna do it. Most of his songs are trash.

Bah, why didn't Snoop simply take some LA artists with him, such as the Likwit Junkies. This is fucked up...

gzs

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2005, 11:24:59 AM »
The boys just make fun out of dutch street language, international hiphopslang, language in general and every wannabe in Holland immitating the American Gangsterrap lifestyle. I can assure you they are more street than most dutch rappers. (Noord)

But to me it's just the beat. The beat is made by some house producer, but it's definitly hot shit. The beat could be a hit record in the States also. It contains more Funk than every hiphop record that has been released internationally for about two years. Trying to top that shit.

Don't really care about lyrics anyway. It's mostly the flow that counts. There is a very smale amount of hiphoplyrics that I really appreciate. (Almost entire 2pac - Me against the world album, some Jay-Z - Blueprint album, but not much more than that). Most hiphoplyrics are the same or just lame, they never really deep, even underground rappers often talk without saying much.

Sometimes though lyrics do affect my opinion, that's when a rapper get's really annoying by talking about Air Force Ones all the time.

Elevz

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 03:53:52 AM »
Most hiphoplyrics are the same or just lame, they never really deep, even underground rappers often talk without saying much.

Quit listening to G-Unit!

The boys just make fun out of dutch street language, international hiphopslang, language in general and every wannabe in Holland immitating the American Gangsterrap lifestyle. I can assure you they are more street than most dutch rappers. (Noord)

They are more street than most dutch rappers? Nah. Most dutch rappers aren't really the street type hustlers, but these boys just came walking straight out of their college banks in Wassenaar. They're just bullshitting - true, but they're ANYTHING BUT TALENTED. They're creative, that's kinda true. You say you like their flows... They're hardly flowing, just randomly speaking over the beat  :-\

But to me it's just the beat. The beat is made by some house producer, but it's definitly hot shit. The beat could be a hit record in the States also. It contains more Funk than every hiphop record that has been released internationally for about two years. Trying to top that shit.

Funk is getting more and more rare in hiphop these days, but I can't really call this rap beat produced by a dance producer funky. It's catchy and annoying. Kinda similar to Snappie the Crocodile. Catchy and annoying. Fun to hear once, but definately not something that should be a "hit song". After 3 listens it already gets annoying. The first few listens were just funny because of how bad the song really was.

Oh well, I guess we just got a different taste in music then ;)

*Bumps some more Eric B. & Rakim*

gzs

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 05:13:15 AM »
Never listen to G-Unit (except: In Da club, Backdown, Ski Mask Way), have been listening to hiphop for about 12 years (since 93). Been "back, back and forth again" from Mainstream to Underground. I can't really listen to pre-nineties hiphop, I dislike the beats (fucking snares are whack). Have heard all kinds of lyrics. Nothing really caught me except for Me Against the world & Blueprint and a few underground tracks. But to me it's the beat and the rapper's flow to the beat that makes the difference. By the way off beat flow can be really dope. Check Mastah Killah on Assassination Day for example.

Schnappie? Get out of here. That's no music. That's a very simple formula. Everybody can create that beat.

Bastian brought funk. Uptempo. Keys hitting. Some effects he used are never heard before in hiphop do sound ill. Believe me from a producer's perspective this beat is incredible. Especially at the stage music is in right now.

Wassenaar? Die junkies komen uit Amsterdam Noord en de Spaarndammerbuurt.

Rakim was someone who invented a new rhymestyle. At the time it must have been a huge shock for listeners to see such a change. I wasn't listening to hiphop in the 80's (mainlyThriller), so to me there was no shock. When I started listening to hiphop everybody already rhymed like Rakim. To be honest if you compare Rakim at his prime to Jay-Z at his prime you have to agree Jay-Z improved Rakim's style, eventhough Rakim was the one who invented it.

But last days there is constantly one of Rakim's lyrics floating through my mind:

"Thinking of a masterplan, but nothing but sweat inside my hand."

It's one of those short quotes that pop-up every once an a while, it's nice to have them.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 05:17:59 AM by gzs »

mauzip

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 06:36:09 AM »
Reading this thread gives my ego a boost.

Throwback

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2005, 08:26:57 AM »
i think watskeburt is funny. but gets annoying after a while. ther other songs suck hardcore though. only `voorjekijkendoorlopen` is funny. but that gets annoying quick aswell.

mauzip

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2005, 06:21:37 PM »
i think watskeburt is funny. but gets annoying after a while. ther other songs suck hardcore though. only `voorjekijkendoorlopen` is funny. but that gets annoying quick aswell.

man, they performed the worst show i have ever seen in my life

Bo$ta Bo$$

• 'G'
  • The Bo$$ would like to see ya
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 01:04:14 AM »
Whaha, that guys from "De jeugd van tegenwoordig" can stop performing :P, after yesterdays performance they should realise that there carriere is really over...
Really nobody liked them, everyone was screaming Boo!!  :P.... But Brainpower was actually quite good, I did enjoyed his performance... And Snoop Dogg damn that was TIGHT 8) ;D