Author Topic: mj history was released 10 years to early  (Read 202 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
mj history was released 10 years to early
« on: June 14, 2005, 04:41:18 PM »
wat up y'all, lookin back at that album of mj now im like dayuuum! not cuz the new shit is amazing on it or anything, some of it is but not all of it but wat im sayin is that the timing of releasing history would have been perfect now, with the courtcase shit which was poppin........joints like earth song,they dont care about us d.s,money, this time around.......the old joints, the new joints, addressing everything.....the way shit is in the world these days with some serious bullshit wars goin down were kids be gettin killed for nuttin...its funny man, but lookin at that piece now, its like a work of a genius nontheless cuz of how the album was really 10 years ahead of its time....even tho it wasnt the best album

peace!

Trauma-san

Re: mj history was released 10 years to early
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 09:43:15 PM »
I've always thought Michael's music is usually a few years ahead of it's time.  You listen to his CD's a few years after they come out, and they sound more relevant.  I'm not modest enough to say that it's not because the entire industry looks to people like him for direction... I think he releases a CD, and it helps mold the way the music rolls for the next few years, kind of like how Dr. Dre molds rap when he releases a cd.  I mean a ton of people acted like they didn't like Invincible, but 2 or 3 years after it was released, you hear tons of songs out that have similar beats and vibes to it. 

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 10:26:41 PM »
i dont think he planned on having a court case where he was facing life in jail 10 years ago
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Roman

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 10:29:13 PM »
i dont think he planned on having a court case where he was facing life in jail 10 years ago

Actually, I think he did.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 07:29:27 AM »
history album came out after 93 case!!! it's the most personal MJ album...with songs like childhood,scream...and song about Sneddon. D.S....It was really personal....it had no happy songs!coz michael wasn't happy at the time! it was called HISTORY:PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE BOOK 1!! maybe now he will release  BOOK 2!!....really personal...if not, i'm sure there gonna be some personal songs, really mad songs! can't wait for the new album!  the world need MJ! his music!
At the time he did Invincible ,he was happy,with his kids and everything...but now...he went throug this bullshit...but he WON,he was found not guilty...so he is still happy, but at the same time he has changed for 100 %! so this album is gonna be a little bit of everything...i can't wait where he gonna take us...and the videos! it's gonna be his best no doubt...coz MJ is always gettin better and better!

peace
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 07:32:03 AM by RECOGNIZE187 »

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 07:01:30 AM »
History was definatly ahead of its time, Little Sussie is an amazing track.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 07:58:27 AM »
History was definatly ahead of its time, Little Sussie is an amazing track.

I like a lot of the remixes of the History tracks that made it to Blood On The Dance Floor

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 08:47:50 AM »
is it scary on blood on the dance floor is one of my fav MJ tracks, the way the track builds up using MJ voice and the beat is amazing.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 08:56:44 AM »
yeah, very well done, plus it's one of his best written songs.  Some of the material he covers on that explains a lot.

Is It Scary? - Michael Jackson

There's a ghost down in the hall
There's a ghoul beneath the bed
Now it's coming through the walls
Now it's coming up the stairs

There's a spirit in the dark
Hear the beating of his heart
Can you feel it in the air
Ghosts be hiding everywhere

I'm gonna be
Exactly what you wanna see

It's you who's taunting me
Because you're wanting me
To be the stranger
In the night

Am I amusing you
But just confusing me
Am I the beast
You visualized
And if you wanna see
Eccentric oddities
I'll be grotesque
Before your eye
Let them all materialize

Is that scary for you baby
Am I scary for you oh boy
Is it scary for you baby
Is it scary for you
You know the stranger is you
Is it scary for you baby

There's a creaking in the floor
There's a creak behind the door
There's a rocking in the chair
But nobody's sitting there
There's a ghastly smell around
But nobody to be found
And a coffin inlay open
Where restless soul's spoke

I'm gonna be
Exactly what you gonna see

So did you come to me
To see your fantasies
Performed before
Your very eyes

A haunting ghostly treat
The ghoulish trickery
And spirits dancing
In the night

But if you came to see
The truth the purity
It's here inside
A lonely heart
So let the performance start

Is that scary for you baby
Am I scary for you baby
So tell me
Is it scary for you baby
Tell me
So tell me
Is that realism for you big baby
Am I scary for you
You know the stranger is you
Am I scary for you

Masquerade the heart
Is the height of hurting souls
Just not what you see of me
Can hardly reveal the proof
Like a mirror reveals the truth
See the evil one is you

Is that scary for you big baby
Am I scary for you baby
So tell me
Am I scary for you baby
Am I scary for you baby
Is it scary for you baby

Wanna talk about
I wanna talk about
I don't wanna talk about
Wanna talk about
Am I scary for you baby
Is it scary for you baby
I'm tired of being abused
You know you're scaring me too
I see the evil is you
Is it scary for you baby boy

As soon as I heard that song, I went "oohhhhhh" so he DOES realize people think he's a freak, he DOES realize he's eccentric, etc. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 10:09:32 AM »
  I mean a ton of people acted like they didn't like Invincible, but 2 or 3 years after it was released, you hear tons of songs out that have similar beats and vibes to it. 

And those tons of songs all suck. Music sucks right now. It's sucked since 1980. Take away the alternative movement of the late 80s and early 90s and we have nothing to be proud of 100 years from now. The only good music that's come out since has been new releases by bands from that era, and the White Stripes. Everything else remotely good has been underground. Take a teenge music fan from 1969 and bring him to any year in music between between 1977 and 2005 (excluding '92 to '95) and the guy will contemplate suicide. What a joke of an era we live in. I at least feel somewhat lucky to have a distinct part of my teenage years in the alt rock era. I feel terrible for kids today who'll look back at second rate shit like 50 Cent and Usher for their nostalgic moments. Talents been thrown out the window and production has become more important than song/music writing. I don't know who to blame. I guess it's the Bee Gees for their later work. With out their stupid successes in "disco rock" all that shit that came out of Phil Collins, Donna Summers, MJ, Lionel Richie etc. never would have flown (I like some songs here and there by those guys but I clearly understand it's second rate music compared to the late 60s early 70s, and it has a fraction of the soul that came from the 50s rockers and bluesmen). And the Bee Gees were so good at a time too. I bet if they could go back in time they would have reconsidered releasing Stayin' Alive.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 10:33:51 AM »
You're so full of shit I'll bet you sleep on the toilet.

Music sucks to YOU right now.  There has been good music since 1980, but you think you're too intelligent to like it.  I could name 1000 songs since 1980 that were GREAT songs. 

Of course I'd be naming stuff like Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry", or Smokie Robinson's "Crusin" or De La Soul's "The Magic Number", or Oasis' "Married With Children" , or Garth Brooks' "That Summer", or U2's "Red Hill Town", or Israel Kamakamakiwole's "White Sandy Beach Of Hawaii", or John Fogerty's "Centerfield", or Martina McBride's "Concrete Angels" or...

Well, you get the point. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 10:55:54 AM »
You're so full of shit I'll bet you sleep on the toilet.

Music sucks to YOU right now.  There has been good music since 1980, but you think you're too intelligent to like it.  I could name 1000 songs since 1980 that were GREAT songs. 

Of course I'd be naming stuff like Don Henley's "Dirty Laundry", or Smokie Robinson's "Crusin" or De La Soul's "The Magic Number", or Oasis' "Married With Children" , or Garth Brooks' "That Summer", or U2's "Red Hill Town", or Israel Kamakamakiwole's "White Sandy Beach Of Hawaii", or John Fogerty's "Centerfield", or Martina McBride's "Concrete Angels" or...

Well, you get the point. 

I meant pop music by pop artists of the time, not great songs by old artists, and I distinctly excluded the alt rock movement from my rant, which IMO includes Oasis and U2. U2 was more or less underground until they helped start the movement in the late 80s with REM, who was also under ground. Oasis came up during that movement and almost all rock in the early 90s was at least decent. Fogerty had some nice tunes in the 80s and 90s (even the recent album is prettty good) but it all pale in comparison to the CCR stuff. De La Soul was hardly ever mainstream music, and Israel Kamakawiwo`ole? are you kidding me? Does anyone even know who he is outside of Hawaii, and island folk fans? I doubt it. I'm sure a lot of people have heard his Somewhere Over The Rainbow/ What a Wonderful World recording, but have no idea who was singing it. And there has been a lot of great Country over the past 2 decades, (which we have discusses), but it's always been dismissed as second rate (unjustly) by main stream society.

Just so we're clear; The MTV generation sucks. Outside of the alt Rock movement and new songs by pre MTV artists 99% of anything that's ever appeared on MTV was a joke. The Thriller video included. You want to see artistic long form music videos, watch Pink Floyd's The Wall.