Author Topic: Cassidy Denied Bail, Booked Into Medium-Security Prison  (Read 304 times)

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cassidy Denied Bail, Booked Into Medium-Security Prison
« on: June 20, 2005, 10:33:20 PM »
After surrendering to authorities in Philadelphia on Friday, where he was wanted for murder, Cassidy spent the weekend in a medium-security prison, where it's expected he'll remain for the foreseeable future.

The rapper was denied bail — as is the case with all defendants accused of murder in Pennsylvania — at his arraignment on Saturday, where he was officially charged with one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder, two counts of aggravated assault and various weapons offenses (see "Cassidy Turns Himself In On Murder, Weapons Charges"). Cassidy (real name Barry Reese) did not enter a plea during his arraignment, and he won't be asked to until his case is brought to trial — which could be several months from now.

A spokesperson for the district attorney's office said it's likely Cassidy's detainment at Philadelphia's Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility will continue until, and throughout, his trial.

Like all new inmates at the facility, Cassidy underwent an admissions and diagnostics process that includes classification; orientation; medical examination; issuance of an inmate handbook, clothing and personal care items; and a social-service assessment.

At a hearing scheduled for Wednesday, it's expected that prosecutors will present any evidence they've collected against Cassidy to a judge, who will then rule on whether the state has enough to hold the rapper for trial; the prosecution could even call medical examiners and eyewitnesses in to provide pretrial testimony.

Police claim Cassidy and two other men, armed with .45 and .40 caliber handguns, 9 mm pistols, AK-47 assault rifles and 7.62 mm rifles, fired on three unarmed men during an argument behind a house in the rapper's northwest Philadelphia neighborhood, killing one of them — 22-year-old Desmond Hawkins. The other two victims were treated at a hospital for gunshot wounds and released.

A warrant has been issued for the arrest of one of the other alleged shooters. The identity of the third gunmen is not known.

Cassidy's second album, I'm a Hustla, is due June 28.

— Chris Harris

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1504372/06202005/cassidy.jhtml?headlines=true#Scene_1

smoke1ne

• 'G'
  • LOL
Re: Cassidy Denied Bail, Booked Into Medium-Security Prison
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 10:36:51 PM »
sad but thas what mothafuckas get
http://www.cashcrate.com/index.php?ref=15899 (link)   shits real easy.. you just click the name of the offer you wanna do... do what the instructions say.. and then hit submit...

you can make about 80$ without doing any cc offers!!!! no bullshit

Just Another Sunny day in California

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Twin Turbos....yeeeee
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 11:13:48 PM »
deng that's crazy, denied bail???
Oh I like this one... One dog goes one way, the other dog goes the other way, and this guy's sayin', "Whadda ya want from me?

youngmessnucca

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 11:37:19 PM »
damn sucks to be cass......ive never even heard of a 7.62 mm rifle....ne one got a flick?

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 11:39:56 PM »
I still say its a publicity stunt  :)
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 11:43:52 PM »

chup. if this album goes platinum within the first 3 weeks of sales, watch all the charges get suddenly dropped
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

[sepehr]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm Gully
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 02:02:35 AM »

Co-sign, coincidentally this is all happening a week before his album comes out

Jip

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 06:10:11 AM »
someones gonna get raped  :-*

ABN

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 06:13:54 AM »
someones gonna get raped  :-*
maybe he and Yayo should from a group togheter ;D "The Raped" :-[

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 06:36:35 AM »

That's what I'm thinking too, but then again...going to a Medium-Security Prison just to get some publicity is a little far fetched, don't you think?

ABN

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 07:02:23 AM »
of course it´s not a publicity stunt. do y´all think a man would play around with something like this when it can mean that he´ll have to spend the rest of his life in prison? what´s next? one of y´all makin a thread sayin that C-Murder and MAC aren´t locked up and that they are just sayin that they are locked up as a publicity stunt?

Kal EL

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 07:40:44 AM »
Naw this shit is real. But to deny a person the right to bail sounds a bit against a person's due process rights and all.I know that its the Penn. State law and all but still... Any one pre law on here?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 07:56:21 AM »

i thought that but i wouldnt go to jail to sell a few extra albums

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Đřšďĺ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 08:59:42 AM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 10:44:57 AM »

Maybe he owes the mob money