Author Topic: Man Utd Agree Park Deal  (Read 259 times)

Woozie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Hail! Hail!
Man Utd Agree Park Deal
« on: June 22, 2005, 07:45:31 AM »

Manchester United have confirmed that they have agreed a fee with PSV Eindhoven for Park Ji-sung.

Park's Korean agency had revealed that the two clubs have finally reached an accord over the size of the fee, with a €6 million move being completed.

United confirmed a fee had been agreed and the 24-year-old is now on his way to Old Trafford to undergo a medical before signing a four-year deal with The Red Devils.

"The Netherlands' PSV Eindhoven and the English league club reached a deal early in the morning," Park's agency FS Corporation said in a press release.

"The transfer fee for Park was set at six million euros (£3.9million)," quotes the Yonhap News website in Korea.

The South Korean was in great form for his country when they reached the semi-finals of the World Cup in 2002, and he showcased his ability last season as PSV cruised to the Dutch title and made the semi-finals of the UEFA Champions League.

Park's own agent, Kim Jung-il, said that the deal was brought to a satisfactory ending for all parties.

"PSV and Manchester United have agreed on Park's transfer," said Kim Jung-il.

"Park goes to England this afternoon for a medical test. We are happy the deal was concluded to everybody's satisfaction."

Park scored in PSV's amazing second leg against Milan as Guus Hiddink's side were a whisker away from making the final.

Hiddink had been desperate not to let Park go on the cheap, but they have now settled on the fee with United.

Ferguson will be keen to insist that Park's arrival is purely on a football basis, although his marketing ability in the Far East will add to his importance, especially as United visit China and Japan in pre-season.

Park, however, is determined to prove his ability on the pitch is as good as his money-making ability of it.

"I'm confident I can prove myself at one of the world's top clubs," Park said at Inchon airport.

"As a Korean I will prove that Koreans can play at that level.

"I want to show my value to United in terms of my ability, not for some marketing strategy for Asia.

"I'm not going to England for business."

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=286762

bez

Re: Man Utd Agree Park Deal
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 09:32:25 AM »
Hell of an haircut!

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 09:45:04 AM »
Hell of an haircut!
not to talk about the face  ???

he's a good player though, if not very good!

Boo-Yaa †

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Keep the Faith
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 11:16:31 AM »
Hell of an haircut!
lol yea its a moog.

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 02:27:13 PM »
NO MORE WAR

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 10:12:54 AM »
Park is a good player, hopefully he will become an important player for manchester united....

acbaylove

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 01:05:41 PM »
Nice deal.